View Poll Results: Are Storm/Cyclops/Wolverine the big 3 of the X-Men?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Without question, they are the big 3 X-Men

56 61.54%
  • No. The Big 3 includes.. (list who you think in the comments)

35 38.46%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

There's a reason why Scott, Ororo, (Jean,) and Logan were chosen for the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    I would disagree, is professor x, Magneto, Mystique and we all know Claws is one of them.

If is because the movie that is coming out, is too early for me to say Jean will top Mystique.
    Mystique nor Mageneto are x-men. Last movies that mystique is a hero, people hated her. People like Charles but not enough to be a fan favorite

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all have their own corners of the DC Universe with supporting characters, spin-offs, and multiple comics. Only Wolverine has this in the X-world.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mystique nor Mageneto are x-men. Last movies that mystique is a hero, people hated her. People like Charles but not enough to be a fan favorite
    You are taking into account the x men comic book readers that see the movies. My friends don't read the comics so yes Mystique is theirs. She became a x men at the end of the last one and the teacher to young Cyclops and Jean.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Jean didn't got more popular, it probably decreased her popularity because the hate Whedon threw over her. But those people were never going to be fans anyway. At the end it just stagnated it

I started with Jeen. There was a lot of negativity around the character (adult Jean) and I never connected to the character on other media, I thought it was going to start fresh could help
    I'm not sure it decreased it either. I can't recall any hate that was created for the character or why there would even be negativity towards her.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all have their own corners of the DC Universe with supporting characters, spin-offs, and multiple comics. Only Wolverine has this in the X-world.
    Technically the Summers have a pretty rich history with the X-men and enemies. Also, Storm tends to be one of the most notable female heroes.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm not sure it decreased it either. I can't recall any hate that was created for the character or why there would even be negativity towards her.
    you haven't been around the internet a lot all those years
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    You are taking into account the x men comic book readers that see the movies. My friends don't read the comics so yes Mystique is theirs. She became a x men at the end of the last one and the teacher to young Cyclops and Jean.
    almost everyone I know hated Jlaw Mystique.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Jean didn't got more popular, it probably decreased her popularity because the hate Whedon threw over her. But those people were never going to be fans anyway. At the end it just stagnated it

I started with Jeen. There was a lot of negativity around the character (adult Jean) and I never connected to the character on other media, I thought it was going to start fresh could help
    If Jeen was your first experience with the character it explains your lack of awareness, Jean even dead consistently rated higher than characters that were active in comic. As well repeatedly referenced in comic.

The former EIC said she received the most fan mail of any X-character while away. She was consistently asked about during panels, Cons, etc. she was fairly popular for a character gone 14 years. Jeen's immediate appeal and escapades were based on her relation to her older self, as well as a large part of the interest in the character. Even if her personality was unique.

you haven't been around the internet a lot all those years

almost everyone I know hated Jlaw Mystique.
    Not on my side, she was the reason I was drag to see all of this movies.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm is Thor is Wonder Woman: Super-powerful being from another place, mythic and gorgeous. Can be berserk warrior and peaceful friend simultaneously.

Cyclops is Captain America is Superman: Boy scout with a heart of gold. Old timey ideals occasionally slip into pragmatic tactics.

Wolverine is Iron Man is Batman: The superstar augmented with metal accoutrements. Can be a handful, does not often play well with others, but you want him on your side in a scrap.

While the X-Men don't conform as stringently to the "Big Three" concept as much as the Avengers or Justice League, it can and does fit.
    Nice I like a lot of these comparisons a lot. And with the Cap/Iron Man comparison, Schism was pretty much editorial trying to recreate Civil War for just the X-books and what do you know, they used the Cap/Iron Man proxies to do it

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'll say yes. Those 3 are hands down the most recognizable X-men and are always the ones who get top billing in everything. Hell, Wolverine and Storm are always the first revealed in every outside media. One example for this is MUA 3 and MvC series. Cyclops gets the short end of the stick in today's time but many people are still aware of him more than the other members.

Yeah I think they are pretty much the x-trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Here's the thing: both the Avengers and the Justice League were teams created by bringing together established heroes. The X-Men as a concept are more about bringing together kids just discovering their abilities and training them to become a team of heroes. Logan is fairly rare(sure Angel was doing a tiny bit of heroing before Xavier recruited him, but extremely small in scale) in that he came to the team already an established solo act(where he was positioned as a rival to the Hulk of all people), so your point is fair(and since his Claremont spin off series, that trend has only escalated over time). That said, out of the X-Men, if we are to have a Big Three, Storm, Cyclops and Wolverine slip into the archetypes well.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-07-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm is Thor is Wonder Woman: Super-powerful being from another place, mythic and gorgeous. Can be berserk warrior and peaceful friend simultaneously.

Cyclops is Captain America is Superman: Boy scout with a heart of gold. Old timey ideals occasionally slip into pragmatic tactics.

Wolverine is Iron Man is Batman: The superstar augmented with metal accoutrements. Can be a handful, does not often play well with others, but you want him on your side in a scrap.

While the X-Men don't conform as stringently to the "Big Three" concept as much as the Avengers or Justice League, it can and does fit.
    Disagree here slighty. Slightly.

Cyclops is Captain America is Batman. Mono-focused (dream/gotham), hyper-prepered etc

Wolverine is Iron Man is Punisher. Willing to kill a bit of a loner etc.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

No, they are not a trinity. I honestly don't see a trinity. Storm is one of my favorites, but there are more than three core X-Men. Wolverine is the only one that compares to the big three of DC.