View Poll Results: Are Storm/Cyclops/Wolverine the big 3 of the X-Men?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Without question, they are the big 3 X-Men

56 61.54%
  • No. The Big 3 includes.. (list who you think in the comments)

35 38.46%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Whether you doubt it or not she has the most appearances out of any Marvel female character(by a lead of almost 2,000 issues), and is the 6th most published character in the history of Marvel comics overall. That has to count for something. The only ones that superceed her in this regard are Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, Cyclops, and Iron Man. The other two X-names in the top five lend to the reason as to why I voted yes in regards to the OP’s question. With Spider-Man being number 1 on that list(only 300 or so appearances ahead of Wolverine) I would say the real, overall Marvel Trinity is Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America. Iron Man and Thor have benefitted immensely from the movies but the other 3 are just as if not more popular from films and have just saturated Marvel canon. Their lead is too far to catch up to in the foreseeable future in my opinion.
    I agree with you but 3 is just an arbitrary number in this case Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man(with X-men and FF) are the most important properties to Marvel with Black Panther, Deadpool and Captain Marvel probably moving into that group with continued strong performance.These are fun topics that happen in a lot in sports who is Goat or who is in Mount Rushmore but random number is always design to keep someone deserving out and cause discussion. Not even DC Trinity is really a Trinity of equals Batman and Superman are clear more popular with Wonder Woman realistic being a group with Flash and Green Lantern surprisingly Harley Quinn isn't that far off.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-08-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Maggott, Cecilia Reyes, Marrow <3
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    No, the X-Men don't have a trinity. In terms of popularity and recognition there's Wolverine and then there's the rest.
    Completely agree.

Probably yes. The fourth place I would say that it is Jean Grey and the fifth one is very debatable.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Scott, Jean, Ororo and Logan I'd say.

If you're just going with 3, i would say those are the most popular. There area ton of x-men that i like, but realistically, these are the characters that consistently show up in movies and shows, which has to mean they are the most marketable too

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Cyclops is popular on this board but is nowhere as popular as other characters over the last 30 years...lol
    you're wrong. he's more popular than you think. if it was limited to this board, would he be in movies and shows? would he be on merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    This is ridiculous! Storm has always been one of the most popular X-Men and that has nothing to do that they are using her as a reason to not get accused of the bs you claim. It shocks me that you even think that way.
    Thank you. I saw the post and said "We're not gonna do this today".
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Personally I think it's Scott, Jean, Storm.

But yes, it's Scott, Storm, Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    A lot of people are talking about Jean, so... All things considered, I think she would be like, the 4th one. X-Men 1 line up was it after all lol. But I know that a lot of people don't even consider her as one of the main X-Men. I think overall she doesn't really come that close to those 3. She has had more focus on the movies than Scott or Ororo, but that's it. On the '90s cartoon she was the worst one and on the comics she stayed dead for too long...
    Jean is def very close to that tier but her biggest problem she has been dead for about 20 of the years in the comics which is a pretty big chunk of time. She's left a big shadow while gone but still doesn't compare to the others who are there and actively playing big roles in the books and events.

I think the most recognisable X-Men to people who don't read comics are Storm, Wolverine and Professor X. The Fox movies weren't kind to Cyclops and the complex meant he couldn't be in cartoons or games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Jean is def very close to that tier but her biggest problem she has been dead for about 20 of the years in the comics which is a pretty big chunk of time. She's left a big shadow while gone but still doesn't compare to the others who are there and actively playing big roles in the books and events.
    I think a strong case could be made for Jean as the 4th pillar of the X-verse. Though, would the Phoenix Force beat Jean in popularity?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I think the most recognisable X-Men to people who don't read comics are Storm, Wolverine and Professor X. The Fox movies weren't kind to Cyclops and the complex meant he couldn't be in cartoons or games.
    cyclops is in pretty much every cartoon and game. i have no idea what movie or cartoon you don't think he's in, but he's in more than professor x

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I always assumed that even the GP were dissapointed that he wasn't utilized in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    cyclops is in pretty much every cartoon and game. i have no idea what movie or cartoon you don't think he's in, but he's in more than professor x
    I said he's in the movies but he's underutilised. He's barely a character. Professor X has gotten top billing in all the Fox movies so far. Can you imagine him being killed offscreen like Cyclops was in X3?