View Poll Results: Are Storm/Cyclops/Wolverine the big 3 of the X-Men?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Without question, they are the big 3 X-Men

56 61.54%
  • No. The Big 3 includes.. (list who you think in the comments)

35 38.46%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

If we MUST take it down to 3, then yes. Though really the X-Men have a big 4, as Jean is likely only very teeny-tiny below the three. But yeah, if we must we must and they are the big 3.

If I'm being honest, I feel like Emma would be before Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    There were some years where yes, Emma was more prominent than Jean. Now that they are returning everything at 90 it is no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I said he's in the movies but he's underutilised. He's barely a character. Professor X has gotten top billing in all the Fox movies so far. Can you imagine him being killed offscreen like Cyclops was in X3?
    i do agree on that. they never let him develop into much of a character. he was essentially there to make wolverine look cool

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There were some years where yes, Emma was more prominent than Jean. Now that they are returning everything at 90 it is no longer the case.
    they killed Jean and put Emma on her place. Even Jeen was more important than Emma, so the 90s are back rationale makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    they killed Jean and put Emma on her place. Even Jeen was more important than Emma, so the 90s are back rationale makes no sense
    I wouldn't put Emma near Jean because of how important Jean for how long but just looking at small periods of times, Emma in the 2000s was as important as Scott, Logan, and Ororo. And I'd argue in that 10 year run she had, she played a bigger role in the X-books than Jean did in any era. She was leading teams, teaching classes, crossing over into other books consistently. She played a huge role in most of the big events of the decade both inside and outside the X-verse. Hell, you could even argue she was the second main character in House of M behind Logan. People may not like her but she was a definitive contributor for that entire era. To me, that's just undeniable

Jean is still above her due to the totality of her tenure (70s, 80s, 90s) but Emma in the 2000s def had a higher peak IMO than Jean had. She has completely been sidelined post-IvX though so that seems to have changed

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think so. I think Jean is very close though, if only Grant Morrison hadn't killed her.
    I remember the Fox cartoon treating Jean as part of the Big Three with Cyclops and Wolverine, which is funny because she had less consistent screen time than Storm, Rogue, or Beast, but the two Phoenix Sagas really catapulted her even when further appearances tended to be sporadic. The last episode definitely treated them essentially as their own squad to face Magneto.

Emma is not nor ever has been core to the X-men and its mythos. She served as a prominent figure for a very specific era. Jean's presence is timeless and was felt even in death

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I wouldn't put Emma near Jean because of how important Jean for how long but just looking at small periods of times, Emma in the 2000s was as important as Scott, Logan, and Ororo. And I'd argue in that 10 year run she had, she played a bigger role in the X-books than Jean did in any era. She was leading teams, teaching classes, crossing over into other books consistently. She played a huge role in most of the big events of the decade both inside and outside the X-verse. Hell, you could even argue she was the second main character in House of M behind Logan. People may not like her but she was a definitive contributor for that entire era. To me, that's just undeniable

Jean is still above her due to the totality of her tenure (70s, 80s, 90s) but Emma in the 2000s def had a higher peak IMO than Jean had. She has completely been sidelined post-IvX though so that seems to have changed
    Emma was shoved down people throats and she didnt last not even 10 years being on thd front of X-men. after AvX her importance really fell down a lot.
    Jean oeaked much more than Emma, cant even compare the importance of Jean to x-men to Emma. editors and writers failed

Storm has been so mistreated for the past 30 years that she is almost out of the trinity. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Storm has been so mistreated for the past 30 years that she is almost out of the trinity. Unfortunately.
    30? I think Storm fell out of prominence when Claremont left the books and she got married post M-Day. The 80s may have been her at her peak, but she was still high in the X-men in the 90s into the early 00s. After that she really lost her place and hasnt even been respected as one of the premier leaders. Shes had to stand behind Scott, Wolverine and Kitty (ewww) and when she has been in the front, they had her fail and be ineffective
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-08-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    30? I think Storm fell out of prominence when Claremont left the books and she got married post M-Day. The 80s may have been her at her peak, but she was still high in the X-men in the 90s into the early 00s. After that she really lost her place and hasnt even been respected as one of the premier leaders. Shes had to stand behind Scott, Wolverine and Kitty (ewww) and when she has been in the front, they had her fail and be ineffective
    I agree that Storm has fallen out of prominence a bit but i feel that her relationship with Black Panther was something good, something that increased her world beyond the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Yeah actually I agree with this. Emma hasn't reached Jeans prominence but I believe that in the few years where she was active, she played a larger role than Jean ever did.

What makes Storm so bad nowadays? I haven't been keeping up.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Storm has not been used prominently for a long time. It seems that the only thing that the writers know how to do with her is that she throw increasingly bigger thunderbolts, as in Disassembled.

Yeah actually I agree with this. Emma hasn't reached Jeans prominence but I believe that in the few years where she was active, she played a larger role than Jean ever did.

What makes Storm so bad nowadays? I haven't been keeping up.
    She was a failure in EXM/IVX, slept her way through Gold and does nothing but hurl lightning bolts in the background everywhere else. The last few years have been rather forgettable for her as she hasn’t had a single ounce of decent development in the X books but they’ve written stuff to make her look worse as a character