Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Rosenberg mentioned on Twitter that he's well aware that people are confused, and wondering how she has a "bow" power all of the sudden in Uncanny. He also mentioned that it all will be addressed in the books and that we just need to be patient.

As for my theory, I was thinking the AoX version is Mystique, but in Prisoner X we see that she has memories of being a Valkyrie, so that wouldn't gel.
    Plus we've got Mystique appearing in Uncanny in the upcoming months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... my preeXisting hypothesis:

... that it's possible the real 616 Moonstar's... consciousness, could somehow be involved. Maybe the TO infection made it more... available. ...
    ... Maybe AoXM Dani is somehow a missing (stolen?) piece of 616 DaniLock's psyche/soul/spirit, sorta, I guess.
    ... that it's in fact the 'real' Dani--or at least part of her--we're dealin' with, became reinforced. In that due to the 616 version's TO'd state, her mind--or again, at least part of it--has been freed and/or become untethered (... due to bein' unoccupied, from being somewhat supplanted?), and is able to move between worlds, as it were. Or transported from one to the other, instead.

If true, the question then becomes, is her 'spirit' in AoXM willingly? And if so, what is its intent? OR, is it being used by another, for their own altruistic or nefarious purposes?
    SO, long story short:

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    ... this Dani is... her consciousness/mind and her body in Uncanny is a shell...
    ... making AoXM Moonstar more like the real one, for all intents & purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Oh for crisssake, it's not an issue.

The real Dani is in 616, while the one in AOXman is a construct.
    Same thing with the Mystique in Nightcrawlers book. The real mystique is still in 616.

People just couldn't accept that they were wrong about it not being trinary, and kept trying to make it look like the writers didn't know the names of the characters they are using. Now that it's been confirmed, we're trying to turn it into "writers and editors don't communicate".

No, we already know that Dani is in 616, so any version of her in the AOX is obviously not the real one.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Dani in AoX isn't simply a construct because we've seen that she has memories of life before AoX.

BANNED

PRISONER X Exposes the Dark Side of AGE OF X-MAN's Mutant Utopia - Newsarama
    ... Ayala: ... just know that the main cast – Bishop, Dani, Forge, Polaris, Beast, and Gabby – are incredible characters...
    Odd thing for someone to say, if they weren't actually writing her.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-08-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    The Dani in AoX isn't simply a construct because we've seen that she has memories of life before AoX.
    I'm intrigued as a construct wouldn't have these memories. In particular ones that pre-existed Nate's involvement with 616 unless he stole them from Legion's mind. But again, why give her memories and make her rebel if she's a construct.

Meanwhile I am interested in hearing how she can exist in both realities. While infected with Warlock, she's sharing her body and mind with him. Unless they have changed the nature of the infection as your mind isn't booted out of your body. So I like the notion mentioned above that her mind was pulled into this reality (aka rachel in AoX), it doesn't match with what we know about Warlock's version of the virus.

The Moonstar of Age of X-Man is going to be a Nate construct or something like that. It can not be coincidence that his ex-girlfriend is the only one who is out of place in a world without love.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm intrigued as a construct wouldn't have these memories. In particular ones that pre-existed Nate's involvement with 616 unless he stole them from Legion's mind. But again, why give her memories and make her rebel if she's a construct.

Meanwhile I am interested in hearing how she can exist in both realities. While infected with Warlock, she's sharing her body and mind with him. Unless they have changed the nature of the infection as your mind isn't booted out of your body. So I like the notion mentioned above that her mind was pulled into this reality (aka rachel in AoX), it doesn't match with what we know about Warlock's version of the virus.
    I guess a split soul situation could be a cause for something like that. Maybe Nate created a psychic rapport with her when they were dating, and after he created this world, part of her was pulled in with him.

New Theory: I think its actually Trinary in Uncanny and Psynapse in Prisoner X!

Reminds me of when Rachel ended up being in AOX; i'm sure there will be an explanation.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Read this thread title as "The Monstar issue" at first.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Well, if that really is Moonstar and NOT Trinary, then it shows that Marvel writers don't communicate with each other.

The CBR article is well-written, that's why I prefer not to read any of the Age-of-X-Men (except the previews) series.

Age of X-Men will soon end and be forgotten anyway. So stop worrying, just read the main universe i.e. Uncanny X-Men
    or maybe you need to wait for the story to be told. This was never Trinary despite what you thought. This stuff is intentional. My theory is that Uncanny has a TO shell and the real Dani was whisked away to AoX. Danilocke has said very few words and seems void of any personality. She is very un-Dani-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    New Theory: I think its actually Trinary in Uncanny and Psynapse in Prisoner X!
    I hope Trinary shows up somewhere once this Age of X-Man nonsense ends

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Read this thread title as "The Monstar issue" at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    or maybe you need to wait for the story to be told. This was never Trinary despite what you thought. This stuff is intentional. My theory is that Uncanny has a TO shell and the real Dani was whisked away to AoX. Danilocke has said very few words and seems void of any personality. She is very un-Dani-like.
    I mean it's not like Karma is saying much either. Rosenberg just isn't giving them much focus so far because for some reason Madrox, Magik and Havok need it more

BANNED

It's not an issue, as...

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Rosenberg mentioned on Twitter that he's well aware that people are confused, and wondering how she has a "bow" power all of the sudden in Uncanny. He also mentioned that it all will be addressed in the books and that we just need to be patient. ...
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...15715041935361
    So a couple (hundred) of you have pointed out that Dani Moonstar is in UNCANNY X-MEN and PRISONER X. Everyone who noticed that, award yourself 2 points! Now is where I explain that no, it's not a mistake. There is a way you can find out why she's in both. Guess what it is?

I'd just add going forward, in big events that span multiple titles over multiple months, and stories that involve alternate worlds and giant universe changes, maybe the reader isn't supposed to exactly know everything that's going on within the first month?

As storytellers it's our job to maintain mysteries, make you question things, and offer up information when it best serves the story. So, yeah, sometimes there will be things that confuse you at the beginning of the story. That's just how it works. Patience.
    And here: https://unstablemolecules.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8890, you can find more thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... My theory is that Uncanny has a TO shell and the real Dani was whisked away to AoX. ...
    Yep, pretty much what I've been sayin' for a while, now. Hope we're right, 'cause I really like the idea.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-09-2019 at 02:16 AM.