Thread: Brightburn!

Ultimate Member

Default Brightburn!

Nods to the DCEU Shazam thread

We only have a vague idea of the kids powers but some include:

Flight
    Superspeed (in flight)
    Superstrength (apparently lifted up and flipped a car over)
    Some form of energy blasts (melted metal door)
    Durability (flew through walls at superspeed, stuck his hand into a metal fan which damaged said fan).

In all this, he apparently brought down a plane.

Based on what we've seen so far, which non-MCU/DCEU character can stop him

Misread opening post. Ignore.
    Last edited by KJS; 03-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Spectacular Member

While it's a pretty cool idea for a movie (most superheroes are one morality slip/bad day away from being supernatural horror villains), I get the idea his feats won't be too impressive.

Reason being, I assume most of the horror comes from the idea there is no one person on Earth who can physically challenge the emo Superman expy.

Sure, we will see durability from shrugging off bullets and strength from tearing doors, but how will we know how he responds to superhuman threats? Because I feel like the presence of an equal vaults this into regular old superhero movie territory, and I don't think that's what Gunn wants.

I'll say MCU Spider-Man considering my baseless conjecture above.

We'll know for sure once the movie comes out. The big question is, as usual, his speed. For now, I'll just say early Smallville Clark. Or if we're going by the movies, maybe Aquaman or Diana.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Misread opening post. Ignore.
    Last edited by KJS; 03-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    We've already seen him jump a couple hundred feet into the air on strength alone, catch a bus, move significantly faster than Spider-Man can, have bullets bounce off him with no effect whatsoever, fire lightning from his hands, and fly.

He's already way beyond MCU Spider-Man.
    .....who are you arguing for?? DCEU Shazam???
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Spectacular Member

We've already seen him jump a couple hundred feet into the air on strength alone, catch a bus, move significantly faster than Spider-Man can, have bullets bounce off him with no effect whatsoever, fire lightning from his hands, and fly.

Definitely.

The problem is I misread the prompt. I thought the question asked who the strongest MCU/DCEU that Brightburn could defeat was.

So, with a fundamental misunderstanding of the question showed, ignore my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist Norrin View Post
    Definitely.

The problem is I misread the prompt. I thought the question asked who the strongest MCU/DCEU that Brightburn could defeat was.

So, with a fundamental misunderstanding of the question showed, ignore my response.
    Edit: I think KJS misread the OP as well. Its all good.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-09-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

With that in mind, I agree with Hancock. Just based on trailers.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-09-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    - big_adventure

Lulz, the thread is about Brightburn, not Shazam.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Yup, totally misinterpreted the thread!

BANNED

Spawn and blade come to mind both of them being a horrific take on the superhero genre just like the kid though maybe the super speed factor may put them at a disadvantage. By the way I watched the trailer and while sufficiently good I still feel that DC did the story better in one of their shorts for the Halloween special where Superman is portrayed as a Alien super powered monster child bent on hunting Mrs Kent and who ultimately murders both the Kent's. it was a hell of a read which imparted quite a creepy feeling something that the trailer is lacking.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-10-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Spawn and blade come to mind both of them being a horrific take on the superhero genre just like the kid though maybe the super speed factor may put them at a disadvantage. By the way I watched the trailer and while sufficiently good I still feel that DC did the story better in one of their shorts for the Halloween special where Superman is portrayed as a Alien super powered monster child bent on hunting Mrs Kent and who ultimately murders both the Kent's. it was a hell of a read which imparted quite a creepy feeling something that the trailer is lacking.
    I've been meaning to read this. Are you talking about Superman: Speeding Bullets?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist Norrin View Post
    I've been meaning to read this. Are you talking about Superman: Speeding Bullets?
    no I am referring to the house of horrors anthology special. more info can be found at the link.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...ouse-of-Horror

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    no I am referring to the house of horrors anthology special. more info can be found at the link.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...ouse-of-Horror
    Will do. Thanks!