Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Terminal velocity does not mean she would fall with an explosion, it would affect the store exactly as she did in the film. Terminal velocity is the same for all objects. You are correct that the shuttle diddn't heat up during reentry, but that has nothing to do with falling at terminal velocity, only that the shuttle decelerated upon reentry. Given that the shuttle was clearly dead and out of thrust while still thousands of feet in the air, she would have still hit the ground at terminal velocity.
    Just to nitpick, this in bold above is ABSOLUTELY not true. Terminal velocity is different for every different thing, because it's limited by friction. A feather has a VERY low terminal velocity, you have a significantly higher one, and a teflon-coated piece of gold in a streamlined shape has one significantly higher still.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I mean that's not a nitpick, that's a foundational error, a person for instance can have their terminal velocity vary by nearly a hundred miles an hour depending on whether they're spread eagle or in a nose dive

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean that's not a nitpick, that's a foundational error, a person for instance can have their terminal velocity vary by nearly a hundred miles an hour depending on whether they're spread eagle or in a nose dive
    Even more: skydivers spread eagle versus making a delta vary by more than that. But yeah, I guess it's not a "nitpick" really. :-)

It's the classic confusion of what gravity does versus how friction limits it. In a vacuum, a feather and a lead ball fall at exactly the same rate. But we don't have that condition on earth in general.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

It will be interesting where people think her speed falls now but her durability yeah...Rise from dead thread..
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-25-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It will be interesting where people think her speed falls now but her durability yeah...Rise from dead thread..
    She's....a beast.

I'm guessing you guys are talking about her in End game

Yea, she is very durable, esspecially if we would use other characters as reference, but even if we don't... Feige said she would be the strongest hero and yea..

Physically strongest anyway.