Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Captain Marvel (MCU) vs. the Justice League (DCEU)

Seeing as Captain Marvel just got released here yesterday, interested in seeing how much the MCU now fares powerwise.

Full power Captain Marvel, without limiters and channeling the full power of the spoilers:
    light speed engine - i.e. Tessaract-powered Kree tech
    end of spoilers vs. the DCEU versions of the Justice League, in order:

1. Batman, equipped with anti-Superman armor in the batplane (if destroyed: eject to batpod; if destroyed: eject to batcycle)
    2. Cyborg
    3. Aquaman, field is in the Pacific Ocean. Aquaman is in the water; Captain Marvel is in the air.
    4. The Flash
    5. Wonder Woman
    6. Superman
    7. vs. Everyone at once, at the same field as the final battle in Justice League. Combatants are say, 8 miles apart, and aware of each other.

Each round starts fresh and fully healed. How far does she go?

Bonus rounds (against MCU Avengers):

1. vs. Hulk
    2. vs. Iron Man (Bleeding Edge armor)
    3. vs. Thor (w/ Stormbreaker)
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-08-2019 at 04:34 AM.

I just looked at your spoiler (voluntarily) and that sounds interesting - especially with regards to her fights against spoilers:
    Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman (yeah, I figured out after I posted this that naming these three might give something away regarding what I was referring to)
    end of spoilers.

I'll let you know my thoughts after I've watched the movie (which I'm doing in around 9 hours' time).
    Last edited by KJS; 03-08-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Seeing as Captain Marvel just got released here yesterday, interested in seeing how much the MCU now fares powerwise.

Full power Captain Marvel, without limiters and channeling the full power of the spoilers:
    light speed engine - i.e. Tessaract-powered Kree tech
    end of spoilers vs. the DCEU versions of the Justice League, in order:

1. Batman, equipped with anti-Superman armor in the batplane (if destroyed: eject to batpod; if destroyed: eject to batcycle)
    2. Cyborg
    3. Aquaman, field is in the Pacific Ocean. Aquaman is in the water; Captain Marvel is in the air.
    4. The Flash
    5. Wonder Woman
    6. Superman
    7. vs. Everyone at once, at the same field as the final battle in Justice League. Combatants are say, 8 miles apart, and aware of each other.

Each round starts fresh and fully healed. How far does she go?

Bonus rounds (against MCU Avengers):

1. vs. Hulk
    2. vs. Iron Man (Bleeding Edge armor)
    3. vs. Thor (w/ Stormbreaker)
    Just in case my spoiler tags don't work, SPOILERS below.

[spoilers] She displays durability even Superman doesn't come close to. [/spoilers]. I edited that because my spoiler tags didn't work.

She stomps the Hulk like he's a five year old who wants to play fight.

Tony is done too.

Thor with Stormbreaker does push through Thanos's defenses even with the Infinity gems but even he doesn't match the stuff she can do when her full powers are unleashed.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

[spoilers] She displays durability even Superman doesn't come close to. [/spoilers]. I edited that because my spoiler tags didn't work.

Tony is done too.

Thor with Stormbreaker does push through Thanos's defenses even with the Infinity gems but even he doesn't match the stuff she can do when her full powers are unleashed.
    She basically took out a bunch of space ships. I mean, she's quite powerful on the scale of movie superheroes, and we know she's supposed to be the strongest MCU hero... but I'm not sure she can take Stormbreaker based on the feats we have seen so far. Also, her crashing through space ships and taking reentry heat (and maybe impact?) is not really better than Superman living through a nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Also, her crashing through space ships and taking reentry heat (and maybe impact?) is not really better than Superman living through a nuke.
    That nuke feat always has disclaimers as it: a) actually took Superman out for a few minutes; and b) happened outside the atmosphere, where Superman regenerates constantly. On the other hand, Captain Marvel's feats have no disclaimers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    That nuke feat always has disclaimers as it: a) actually took Superman out for a few minutes; and b) happened outside the atmosphere, where Superman regenerates constantly. On the other hand, Captain Marvel's feats have no disclaimers at all.
    It was night when the nuke hit and Clark had been exposed to kryptonite thrice over by that point. He was depleted to the point where his cheek only healed after the sun finally came out.

Just saying, asterisks go both ways.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Tony is done too.

Just for future reference spoiler tag is [spoil][spoil] with backslash in second one

Swiss army nerd

I'm seeing the movie tonight, can't wait! Hope Carol is a straight up monster.

With ref to Superman's durability, I've said a few times on here, we've basically never seen much genuinely hurt him outside of another Kryptonian and Kyrptonite. And and Zod looked basically fine after doing re-entry, crashing through the city etc. The nuke didn't even kill a Clark who was clearly weakened still from Kryptonite (as Arby mentioned, cut still visible on his cheek so nowhere near full power.) And he didnt get any solar charge till the sunrise round the Earth. If Carol's top durability feat is surviving re-entry...that's pretty casual stuff for DCEU Clark. Will be really interested to see her speed, cos without that she's beaten here. Sounds like she wrecks everyone on team DC up to Superman and maaaaybe Flash, depending on speed and if she can touch him at all.

The movie's out now, so if people are in here, they should expect spoilers. I'm not going to use /spoil tags any more, but I will warn that spoilers are ahead...

She's underwhelming until the climax of the movie, when she becomes an absolute beast. Taking out Starforce, the space fleet and those warheads was awesome.

She's above everyone on the DC side in terms of damage output, but her reaction speed isn't yet at Superman, Flash or Wonder Woman levels (though her travel speed is amazing - and I think it could be her speed than enables her to time-travel going forward, given what Samuel L. Jackson said and given the hint provided by the device known as the "Lightspeed Engine"). Her durability is also inconsistent - but at its top level it was monstrous. Regardless, it's clear she's being set up as someone who'll be able to slap Thanos all over the place, given that she's had 20+ years to refine her powers.

She basically took out a bunch of space ships. I mean, she's quite powerful on the scale of movie superheroes, and we know she's supposed to be the strongest MCU hero... but I'm not sure she can take Stormbreaker based on the feats we have seen so far. Also, her crashing through space ships and taking reentry heat (and maybe impact?) is not really better than Superman living through a nuke.
    Okay, if we are just throwing it out there, it's way more than living through a nuke. It's flying through a veritable mountain of dozens upon dozens of nukes and them not even making her blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just for future reference spoiler tag is [spoil][spoil] with backslash in second one
    Thanks. I hate spoiling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    The movie's out now, so if people are in here, they should expect spoilers. I'm not going to use /spoil tags any more, but I will warn that spoilers are ahead...

She's underwhelming until the climax of the movie, when she becomes an absolute beast. Taking out Starforce, the space fleet and those warheads was awesome.

She's above everyone on the DC side in terms of damage output, but her reaction speed isn't yet at Superman, Flash or Wonder Woman levels (though her travel speed is amazing - and I think it could be her speed than enables her to time-travel going forward, given what Samuel L. Jackson said and given the hint provided by the device known as the "Lightspeed Engine"). Her durability is also inconsistent - but at its top level it was monstrous. Regardless, it's clear she's being set up as someone who'll be able to slap Thanos all over the place, given that she's had 20+ years to refine her powers.
    I took that into consideration but the problem is that it doesn't make any difference since this is apparently based on what she was at full power. Getting airborne takes care of most of the problem and spoilers:
    nothing else stands up to flying through that field of nukes that were supposed to obliterate the planet and taking them like they weren't even there.
    end of spoilers

Okay, if we are just throwing it out there, it's way more than living through a nuke. It's flying through a veritable mountain of dozens upon dozens of nukes and them not even making her blink.
    I had struggled to remember what you were referring to by this, then I remembered that she flew through the explosion of dozen's of the Accuser's kinetic bombs. Each one of which earlier in the film were shown capable of making (landmass? significant fraction of continents?) sized-explosions on the surface of a planet visible from space.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I don't really recall anything that put those warheads at nuke level, and definitely not planet destroying. The explosions we saw when they bombed that alien planet certainly didn't seem nuclear in scale. If I had to put a real world equivalent to them, I'd probably compare them to MOABs or bunker busters. About as powerful as you can get without going nuclear, but still significantly below a modern day atomic missile. I'm open to being proven wrong here, though. My memory could be underselling them and I can't verify it on youtube or anything.

Also, saying she tanked them all is miss-characterizing what happened. She threw one into a cluster of them, triggering them to go off, and then flew through their lingering fireball. That's not the same as having one of those missiles actually explode on you and getting directly hit with its concussive force. Comparatively, Superman intentionally had the nuke explode directly on him and Doomsday.

On the other hand, catching and throwing back that missile is a helluva strength feat. It probably blows the Space Whale punch out of the water-- the thing looked about the same size and would have been carrying a lot more force from it's reentry velocity. It probably stacks up pretty well with Superman's top end strength feats, such as casually carrying an apartment building or dragging giant freighters through solid ice. She's probably on a similar level of brickdom and has significant energy powers, though lacking his speed would probably cost her a fight with him.

I feel like anyone clicking on this thread should fairly expect spoilers. I don't know how you would compare the feats in her movie without talking about the feats in her movie. Where I think one should be careful with spoilers is threads that don't have MCU Captain Marvel in the title.

I don't really recall anything that put those warheads at nuke level, and definitely not planet destroying. The explosions we saw when they bombed that alien planet certainly didn't seem nuclear in scale. If I had to put a real world equivalent to them, I'd probably compare them to MOABs or bunker busters. About as powerful as you can get without going nuclear, but still significantly below a modern day atomic missile. I'm open to being proven wrong here, though. My memory could be underselling them and I can't verify it on youtube or anything.
    Their explosions while bombing the planet were visible from orbit. That's a scale much more powerful than any atomic bomb ever made.