Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Their explosions while bombing the planet were visible from orbit. That's a scale much more powerful than any atomic bomb ever made.
    Is this the scene in question?
    https://youtu.be/AIcVuPpMgb8

Because if so, it's clearly NOT hundred mile wide nuke+ explosions. Nor is it direct impact.

Like you can smash a nuclear missile with a sledgehammer and break it up without it detonating as intended. Seems to be the same idea here.

Fantastic strength feat though.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Is this the scene in question?
    https://youtu.be/AIcVuPpMgb8

Because if so, it's clearly NOT hundred mile wide nuke+ explosions. Nor is it direct impact.

Like you can smash a nuclear missile with a sledgehammer and break it up without it detonating as intended. Seems to be the same idea here.

Fantastic strength feat though.
    The video has already been removed. Still, the very fact that Ronan the Accuser ordered the entire fleet to retreat with the attitude that they had no chance of winning this against one opponent says it all.
    Power with Girl is better.

Makes me wonder what her role will be in Endgame.

I'm assume all the intricate stuff will go down in the Quantum Realm, then she'll smash Thanos sans the Infinity Stones.

But then, what role do Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk play?

I imagine it was quite the task giving all these characters roles this time around, given that this massively powerful new player has entered the battle.

I kind of assumed she’d show up at some point during Endgame, but we now know she’s there from the start, or at least she’s connected with Cap, Nat and Rhodey before the events of the movie.

Swiss army nerd

Just out of the movie!

Carol gets a hell of a strength feat by the end, she'll have no problem beating up, say, Thor and Hulk. Durability is fine, though she definitely wasn't tanking any nukes. Flying though explosions that had already gone off, and flying through a large spacecraft pretty easily were pretty cool though.

For this rumble, she stops hard at Clark, who is pretty effortlessly faster and can dish out way more than Carol has been shown to take. If she did somehow manage to land a clean hit, he'd feel it, but she ain't doing that.

Everyone else on team DC she treats with contemptuous ease, barring the flash, who she can't touch but who can't harm her.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Just out of the movie!

Carol gets a hell of a strength feat by the end, she'll have no problem beating up, say, Thor and Hulk. Durability is fine, though she definitely wasn't tanking any nukes. Flying though explosions that had already gone off, and flying through a large spacecraft pretty easily were pretty cool though.

For this rumble, she stops hard at Clark, who is pretty effortlessly faster and can dish out way more than Carol has been shown to take. If she did somehow manage to land a clean hit, he'd feel it, but she ain't doing that.

Everyone else on team DC she treats with contemptuous ease, barring the flash, who she can't touch but who can't harm her.
    I took it what was being conveyed was that she was flying through them while they were in the process of exploding but I suspect we won't have any consensus on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I kind of assumed she’d show up at some point during Endgame, but we now know she’s there from the start, or at least she’s connected with Cap, Nat and Rhodey before the events of the movie.
    I took that more as being an actual scene from Endgame, since it looks exactly like a scene in the trailer. Kind of like when they showed the Civil War scene with Cap and Falcon and Bucky at the end of Ant-Man.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

she'll have no problem beating up, say, Thor and Hulk.
    Durability is fine, though she definitely wasn't tanking any nukes.
    These seem contradictory, Thor survived several minutes of exposure to a star, which is orders of magnitude greater than a nuke. Also in his first movie Thor sans any later upgrades wasted an entire city with one attack with Mjolnir, and Stormbreaker is much more powerful. I haven't seem CM but based on what people are saying here she's still pretty much competing for second place with Strange. Honestly she sounds more like Vision who traded phasing for better energy attacks.

flying through a large spacecraft pretty easily were pretty cool though.
    Thor did that in Wakanda.
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 03-09-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    These seem contradictory, Thor survived several minutes of exposure to a star, which is orders of magnitude greater than a nuke. Also in his first movie Thor sans any later upgrades wasted an entire city with one attack with Mjolnir, and Stormbreaker is much more powerful. I haven't seem CM but based on what people are saying here she's still pretty much competing for second place with Strange. Honestly she sounds more like Vision who traded phasing for better energy attacks.

Thor did that in Wakanda.
    I believe greatmetropolitan is going with the assumption that the star thing was SMvsFL. And without sharing my personal opinion on the matter, there's definitely a case for that.

I kind of feel like we need to put an asterisk in the OP of Thor fight over whether that feat is SMvsFL for purposes of that particular thread. Either that or just get a mod ruling. How well he does in a rumbles is so very, very dependent on that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I believe greatmetropolitan is going with the assumption that the star thing was SMvsFL. And without sharing my personal opinion on the matter, there's definitely a case for that.

I kind of feel like we need to put an asterisk in the OP of Thor fight over whether that feat is SMvsFL for purposes of that particular thread. Either that or just get a mod ruling. How well he does in a rumbles is so very, very dependent on that question.
    The thing is that with Thor, we have enough showings to distinguish "consistent high-end" from outlier. With Captain Marvel at full power, we have a couple of minutes at the end. At this point, there's nothing to contradict her showing there and make it an outlier.

If we were to say the Thor star feat and the other one mentioned were legitimate, we'd have a case for Thor still being more powerful. But, if we do that, Pendaran's gonna come in here and scalp us worse than Stan Lee scalped Thor in "Thor: Ragnarok".

Edit: I also have a strong feeling what the ruling would be on the Thor star feat if only because of what the implications would be were it legitimate. It would probably make everything else he does P.I.S.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 03-09-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    happened outside the atmosphere, where Superman regenerates constantly.
    who said thats how he's powers whork in the movie?

For the sake of discussion, let's say the Thor/Neutron Star feat was an outlier. What are Thor's high-end durability feats?

BANNED

why they didn't call her blasts cosmic blasts seeing they were derived from the tesseract energies instead of photon blasts is what I would like to know.(aside from the obvious as for the fights she should take most of the combatants expect for Superman though maybe the others can be said to have greater experience in superhuman combat whereas she hasn't done anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I took that more as being an actual scene from Endgame, since it looks exactly like a scene in the trailer. Kind of like when they showed the Civil War scene with Cap and Falcon and Bucky at the end of Ant-Man.
    Yeah, but that’s not how they do these things. One scene segues into the next movie. Like the end of Ragnarok segueing into the start of Infinity War.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    why they didn't call her blasts cosmic blasts seeing they were derived from the tesseract energies instead of photon blasts is what I would like to know.(aside from the obvious as for the fights she should take most of the combatants expect for Superman though maybe the others can be said to have greater experience in superhuman combat whereas she hasn't done anything like that.
    The Kree didn't really know that the Tesseract/Space Stone was the Core that they were looking for, but they did know that "Vers" got her powers from a Faster Than *Light* drive, so they may have based the name off of that, I guess.