Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In other words, what she was by the end of the movie at full power.
    In that regard, yes her durability stands up. Her speed feats though are still lacking.

Preface all of this with "I have not seen CM yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I believe greatmetropolitan is going with the assumption that the star thing was SMvsFL. And without sharing my personal opinion on the matter, there's definitely a case for that.

I kind of feel like we need to put an asterisk in the OP of Thor fight over whether that feat is SMvsFL for purposes of that particular thread. Either that or just get a mod ruling. How well he does in a rumbles is so very, very dependent on that question.
    The star was the first time we saw what exactly was hurting him since his full upgrade at the end of Ragnarok, we saw Hela hit him on the Bifrost but cause no visible damage besides to his clothing, and we can't say what Thanos and company had to do to take him down on the ship. Until we see something hit and clearly hurt him again, we have no idea if the star is an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The thing is that with Thor, we have enough showings to distinguish "consistent high-end" from outlier. With Captain Marvel at full power, we have a couple of minutes at the end. At this point, there's nothing to contradict her showing there and make it an outlier.

If we were to say the Thor star feat and the other one mentioned were legitimate, we'd have a case for Thor still being more powerful. But, if we do that, Pendaran's gonna come in here and scalp us worse than Stan Lee scalped Thor in "Thor: Ragnarok".

Edit: I also have a strong feeling what the ruling would be on the Thor star feat if only because of what the implications would be were it legitimate. It would probably make everything else he does P.I.S.
    There's nothing at this point that contradicts the star either. Plus keep in mind it did nearly kill him, without Stormbreaker he'd have been dead.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    who said thats how he's powers whork in the movie?
    Well he was instantly rejuvinated once the Kryptonian ship's atmosphere was converted to match Earth's by the Jor-El AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    For the sake of discussion, let's say the Thor/Neutron Star feat was an outlier. What are Thor's high-end durability feats?
    Having a billion tons of rock mostly vaporize in his face/

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    It didn't happen.

He was literally never in a city in his first movie...

Again, he didn't.

Towards the end of the battle, he was flying around smashing Stormbreaker into shit, but when it was hitting those ships it was just causing explosions locally within them. Never wrecked them entirely (edit: I mean, it wrecked them to the point that they "no longer functioned", but it didn't obliterate them or anything like that).
    It happened on Jotunnheim. And yes, it did happen in Wakanda, he smashed into one of the Outrider ships and ripped through it one end to the other. Here, screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/pst1FNr
    Thor flies in, tears through the ship, completely destroyed when he comes back out. Took less than two seconds.

Various examples of taking abuse from Hulk with minimal damage would probably be the best. A lot of others have qualifiers. He was on a floating city when it blew up but the force of the explosion was going directly away from him and it seemed to knock him out. He was falling at terminal velocity but managed to get air born and redirecting the last second which seems to have taken a little of!the force out of it. (As I recall it cut away after impact so it isn't clear how dazed it left him or whatever.)

He's also survived in the vacuum of space. Could!be forgetting some others.
    To put it in gameist terms Thor seems to have a low defense threshold but massive hit points. Like, it takes higher levels of damage to get past Superman's durability and hurt him, but it takes far more actual damage to put Thor down. He feels it, but the damage is minimal.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Rhyvurg is actively ignoring mod rulings at this point. More to say when I get time
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Regarding the Star feat, honestly, it's kinda drastically far above what Thor's been doing in the movies so far. Even with his power boost in Ragnarok. Not to mention it temporarily killed him until Stormbringer revived him. Rocket and Groot being fine being so close to it was also kinda weird. For Now, I'd say we put the star feat on the backburner, see if he gets an equivalent feat in the next big movie. If we can get a feat that at least matches it, I'll be fine giving it to him.
    I checked back out of curiosity and I did indeed make a decision on the star feat last year in the Cinematic Thor vs Cinematic Superman thread.

Man I didn't even remember that.

That was a year ago though. What do you guys think? Should we wait to see in Endgame?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I checked back out of curiosity and I did indeed make a decision on the star feat last year in the Cinematic Thor vs Cinematic Superman thread.

That was a year ago though. What do you guys think? Should we wait to see in Endgame?
    I was referring to the Sokovia ruling you made lol. I had forgotten about this one!

So that's TWO rulings Rhyvurg ignored.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Having seen Thor: Ragnarok and JL and reviewed the past feats, I feel comfortable in saying that Supes and Wondy should be fine here. Wonder Woman's multiple bullet timing feats put her clearly faster than Hela, and with Superman's new power boost, he should be able to handle Hela.

Regarding the nuke VS Sokovia, I would have to put taking the nuke over taking part of the explosion of Sokovia. In fact, I think abmccray summed up Sokovia best.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Firstly, because it's not a more powerful explosion. If the floating city was vaporized or something, it would be, but it wasn't.

From the movie itself, the floating city had a vibranium core. Directing energy at that core would cause the floating city to break apart into smaller pieces, probably along "fault lines" and not destroy the planet. So Thor shot energy at it, Iron Man contained it in a specific spot, it caused a book at the correct spot, and caused the floating island to break into smaller, more manageable chunks.

That's why there's no way to quantify it. We don't know the level of "boom" it took to do that, we don't know the force of the explosion after, we don't really know anything.

Basically what they did was what was done to the asteroid in Armageddon (in that case, they put a nuke near the center of it to break it) or what Freeza did to Namek, only on something with an unstable core and an unknown structure, laced with a non real substance. Therefore, it becomes "something, but who knows." And, also similar to Freeza, since he was ON the planet when it blew up, we don't grant him as surviving *that* planet buster, as he wasn't in the focal point - we just say "survived being on the surface of a planet exploding."

I also really don't see Tony taking a nuclear explosion either.

In short,
    Superman and Wonder Woman can handle Hela due to speed and recent power ups, the nuke is over Sokovia, and MCU Tony's armors are not surviving nukes.

I still have no idea what Batman is doing here though.

Thread will be re-opened. Everybody get along now.
    To be fair I'd kinda forgot about them too.

Lets consider these friendly reminders.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

To be fair I'd kinda forgot about them too.

Lets consider these friendly reminders.
    I am willing to accept that like 80% of people forgot them if we did lol.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I am willing to accept that like 80% of people forgot them if we did lol.
    Placed the Sokovia ruling in the Mod Rulings thread now. I'm holding off on the Star feat until we see Thor take an equal or greater force in Endgame.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Placed the Sokovia ruling in the Mod Rulings thread now. I'm holding off on the Star feat until we see Thor take an equal or greater force in Endgame.
    Totally fair. I'm happy to see more class 100 nonsense in films! Not much on that scale typically. Something something CGI expenses grumble grumble
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Totally fair. I'm happy to see more class 100 nonsense in films! Not much on that scale typically. Something something CGI expenses grumble grumble
    Oh so true. Though I've seen even smaller budget movies do some crazy things with their effects.
    Higher Power, for example, ended with the MC basically becoming a Cosmic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Regarding the Neutron Star debate? I'm on the fence. I mean, it would've killed Thor had Stormbreaker not be there to heal him. So, Thor is durable to survive exposure for several seconds maybe? Eh, it's easier to accept the mod ruling for now.

Oh, and how would we rank Captain Marvel's mental resistance? She mentally resisted the Supreme Intelligence, which was impressive.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Well we have no feats for the Supreme Intelligence, so the most we can say on her mental resistance is that she has some.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 03-10-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Well we have no feats for the Supreme Intelligence, so the most we can say on her mental resistance is that she has dome.
    "She has dome" is what I will now declare in any rumble Carol wins.
    - big_adventure

Regarding the Star feat, honestly, it's kinda drastically far above what Thor's been doing in the movies so far. Even with his power boost in Ragnarok. Not to mention it temporarily killed him until Stormbringer revived him. Rocket and Groot being fine being so close to it was also kinda weird. For Now, I'd say we put the star feat on the backburner, see if he gets an equivalent feat in the next big movie. If we can get a feat that at least matches it, I'll be fine giving it to him.

One thing though, Rocket and Groot were nowhere close to him during the star feat. Thor was holding the iris open, which was right next to the star. Groot were in the forging area in Nidavellir, way back in one of the rings orbiting the star. Rocket was in a ship. When the iris closed, Thor was knocked back by the heat ray all the way into the rings (hundreds? thousands of miles away?). See the following clip (start at 2:50). Rocket and Groot were nowhere close to where he was:

Last edited by Twickster; 03-10-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Carol stomps through everyone until she reaches Wonder Woman, who is way too fast for Carol and actually has the power to stop her.

In the MCU fights, Bleeding Edge Tony probably gives Carol a pretty good fight, but I think he falls eventually. Carol falls to Thor with Stormbreaker. She doesn't yet have Thor's durability feats of going toe to toe with Hulk twice, and as powerful as she is, she doesn't have a power feat like Stormbreaker actually injuring a fully powered with all 6 Infinity Stones Thanos.