Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-23 #10 Preview

Villains and their speeches they never learn.

Well this arc is weak and repetitive the plot is practically the same used in previous stories of Laura or Wolverine the only difference is that the clones have technology implanted in their bodies that make them more machines than human but the rest follows the same pattern.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Villains and their speeches they never learn.

Well this arc is weak and repetitive the plot is practically the same used in previous stories of Laura or Wolverine the only difference is that the clones have technology implanted in their bodies that make them more machines than human but the rest follows the same pattern.
    Unfortunately I'm starting to agree. It's not that the story's BAD, it's just that now that we're almost through it it's turned out to be pretty paint-by-numbers. Even Gabby "turning" the captured X-assassin was predictable, and might have been more interesting had it gone on a rampage at the school and Gabby was forced to destroy it herself as an object lesson instead.

Art is good. THe character voices are solid. But yeah this story is just pure meh.

Shame.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Problem with this story is that while it’s basically a sequel to the first start arc of ANW is that it’s so decompressed and feels like nothing has really happened this whole story.

Worse, it's ended up being set in the past due to Age of X-Man.

And why does the cover of issue 10 mention War of the Realms starting next month? X-23 can't tie-in to it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

X-Decompressed-23 feels like a book I had already read before. It's ok, but too slow to feel like it matters. And nothing really exciting has happenned since the first arc, so it is even boring to talk about the book. It's a shame, because the art is very good and Laura was in a good place in the last run. I don't think Mariko has a lot to say with the character, then she is just doing the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Worse, it's ended up being set in the past due to Age of X-Man.

And why does the cover of issue 10 mention War of the Realms starting next month? X-23 can't tie-in to it.
    Some books have the logo of War of the realms, even though they don't tie-in. X-Force also has it in the last preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    feels like nothing has really happened
    The problem with marvel comics in general. In the long run nothing matters and everything falls back into what is considered "normal" more or less.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will--

This character would really benefit from being around Miles Warren.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Which character are you referring to? Because I'd personally prefer a Laura (and Gabby) Kinney/Scarlet Spider(s) team-up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which character are you referring to? Because I'd personally prefer a Laura (and Gabby) Kinney/Scarlet Spider(s) team-up.
    yeah sure that too
    but if you're doing a book about hunting cloners
    might as well hunt the best cloner
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    X-Decompressed-23 feels like a book I had already read before. It's ok, but too slow to feel like it matters. And nothing really exciting has happenned since the first arc, so it is even boring to talk about the book. It's a shame, because the art is very good and Laura was in a good place in the last run. I don't think Mariko has a lot to say with the character, then she is just doing the least.
    It's a shame. This book started very strong

Astonishing Member

I think shes trying to copy ANW to much, its very safe. I'd like to see her craft a story that deal with Laura's mental state but given how DC turned heros in crises in to identy crises 2 punching teen titans and Wally west fans in the balls because talking about mental health is to scary/too high risk of a story, I doubt well get it unless Laura/tamaki get a big enough profile to let marvel take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

I'll take Wolverine v Jackal for $500 Alex
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I think shes trying to copy ANW to much, its very safe. I'd like to see her craft a story that deal with Laura's mental state but given how DC t.
    I honestly don't know if we'll ever get the old Laura back. I mean yes, I expect her to grow and change. But she's gone from cerebral, mature and deep.
    To girl from American tv soap, whose biggest concern is her Instagram profile. I find it hard to care about this character, something I had no problems at all with under Kyle and Yost. I strongly think that this book is headed for the chopping block.