Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Who should play Hawkman in the Black Adam film?

https://www.cbr.com/black-adam-movie-hawkman/

The upcoming Black Adam film is casting an actor between the ages of 30-39 to play Hawkman. Additionally, they are casting 20-29 year olds to play Atom Smasher and Stargirl.

Who would you like to see playing Hawkman? They are looking for someone believable to go up against Black Adam star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

He might be little short at 6' even when placed up against someone like Johnson, but I like Travis Fimmel for the role. He's a good actor, more or less looks the part, and showed in Vikings that he has the physicality for a role like this.

On that note, his Vikings co-star, Katheryn Winnick, is also my top choice for Hawkgirl, especially if it's Shiera or Shayera (as opposed to Kendra).
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

I want a dude built like a bear.

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking of maybe Kellan Lutz. He's pretty big and a decent actor.

It would be funny because both Johnson and Lutz made Hercules movies around the same time a few years ago.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Wait...what???

Hawkman is going to be in the film?

If this is the acenstral Hawkman
    Egyptian; Mido Hamada

After he's killed, (although he should play the contemporary resurrected version too) you can "resurrect" him as whatever typical go-to western/anglo/nordic actor will be chosen.
    But if you are going to suggest he's recognized Egyptian, at least start it right.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-08-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Egyptian; Mido Hamada

After he's killed, (although he should play the contemporaneity resurrected version too) you can "resurrect" him as whatever typical go-to western/anglo/nordic actor will be chosen.
    But if you are going to suggest he's recognized Egyptian, at least start it right.
    I super second this
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Egyptian; Mido Hamada

After he's killed, (although he should play the contemporaneity resurrected version too) you can "resurrect" him as whatever typical go-to western/anglo/nordic actor will be chosen.
    I can't speak for his acting chops, but he's got a great look for Carter or Katar.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt he'd do it since he's a Marvel actor, but Chris Hemsworth would be great as either Hawkman or Atom Smasher.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Wait...what???

Hawkman is going to be in the film?
    Just a rumor that originated at one of the many rumor sites that the other ones all subsequently report on for now.

Well, at least it's one of those DCEU rumors that's fun to talk about, unlike some of the other ones. :P

If he's gonna be fighting The Rock as Black Adam, I say we go with some current WWE talent. Roman Reigns or John Cena, I say!

Egyptian; Mido Hamada

After he's killed, (although he should play the contemporary resurrected version too) you can "resurrect" him as whatever typical go-to western/anglo/nordic actor will be chosen.
    Definitely has the look for Hawkman. So I third/fourth this choice! They should definitely cast an Egyptian/Middle Eastern actor for Hawkman (and Hawkgirl) imo
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Hawkgirl should be Latino/Hispanic. That's mainly because she's tended to be portrayed that way for a while now - in the Earth 2 reboot, the Arrowverse shows and her voice actor on the JLU cartoon was Latino if I'm not mistaken..
    Yes although the character was never referenced as being Latina, you could definitely here it in her voice. She was played by Maria Canals.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    They should definitely cast an Egyptian/Middle Eastern actor for Hawkman (and Hawkgirl) imo

As for looking for casting Hawkwoman you can have best of both ^ :Where North Africa meets Latin.
    Hiba Abouk is Tunisian/Libyan/Spanish. She speaks and has acted in English, has a heavy accent though.
    Obviously are many more choices, just throwing out as an example...
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Retired

It's hard to imagine that the Rock would let another actor appear as a brawny bare-chested Egyptian in his movie. That's how he got his start in movies--would he really let another actor (probably younger) overshadow him?

Another good choice for Hawkman is Zeeko Zaki, he's also Egyptian. He's also the same height as The Rock.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-09-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/black-adam-movie-hawkman/

The upcoming Black Adam film is casting an actor between the ages of 30-39 to play Hawkman. Additionally, they are casting 20-29 year olds to play Atom Smasher and Stargirl.

Who would you like to see playing Hawkman? They are looking for someone believable to go up against Black Adam star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
    Aaaaauuuugh! Stargirl is a teenager! A teenager! She's a kid! Why are they casting an adult as Courtney Whitmore?