Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
Well there is going to be a bit of a book reset for the fall. So there will be new team books and dynamics. But I see what you mean that most of the writers just don't see Kitty and Colossus apart from each other, even though they are actually truly awful as a couple. I always feel bad for poor Illyana I think she just keeps pining away for Kitty and hoping that Kitty will finally notice that Illyana is her true love. (hehe, I love the pure drama of it and the reaction on Colossus' face when he sees his ex dating his sister!)
It was really shitty how Kitty did not comment at all on Magik, Karma and Rachel's disappearances (I know she said the NM were gone but that was without any sort of emotional investment). As I said, Kitty's entire world revolves around Colossus now and it makes her look like callous and selfish because all these writers just skim Wikipedia for characterization. Having her relinquish leadership of the X-Men and going off to look for her lost friends because she feels responsibility (and then coming back for the final Disassembled fight) would've been a much better way to write her off than humiliating her to make Jean look good.