Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 83 of 83
  1. #76
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well there is going to be a bit of a book reset for the fall. So there will be new team books and dynamics. But I see what you mean that most of the writers just don't see Kitty and Colossus apart from each other, even though they are actually truly awful as a couple. I always feel bad for poor Illyana I think she just keeps pining away for Kitty and hoping that Kitty will finally notice that Illyana is her true love. (hehe, I love the pure drama of it and the reaction on Colossus' face when he sees his ex dating his sister!)
    It was really shitty how Kitty did not comment at all on Magik, Karma and Rachel's disappearances (I know she said the NM were gone but that was without any sort of emotional investment). As I said, Kitty's entire world revolves around Colossus now and it makes her look like callous and selfish because all these writers just skim Wikipedia for characterization. Having her relinquish leadership of the X-Men and going off to look for her lost friends because she feels responsibility (and then coming back for the final Disassembled fight) would've been a much better way to write her off than humiliating her to make Jean look good.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was really shitty how Kitty did not comment at all on Magik, Karma and Rachel's disappearances (I know she said the NM were gone but that was without any sort of emotional investment). As I said, Kitty's entire world revolves around Colossus now and it makes her look like callous and selfish because all these writers just skim Wikipedia for characterization. Having her relinquish leadership of the X-Men and going off to look for her lost friends because she feels responsibility (and then coming back for the final Disassembled fight) would've been a much better way to write her off than humiliating her to make Jean look good.
    Without a doubt it was noticed. I can't speak to the rationale of her not noting that all most of the New Mutants (her good friends) were MIA, but her brief recap of the events of Extermination and not mentioning Rachel show how little she cares for others at the moment. I don't think she cares about anyone, herself included. I hope they can salvage her back to being a smart, fun, and determined woman who protects her friends fiercely.

  3. #78
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Without a doubt it was noticed. I can't speak to the rationale of her not noting that all most of the New Mutants (her good friends) were MIA, but her brief recap of the events of Extermination and not mentioning Rachel show how little she cares for others at the moment. I don't think she cares about anyone, herself included. I hope they can salvage her back to being a smart, fun, and determined woman who protects her friends fiercely.
    where did she recap Extermination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was really shitty how Kitty did not comment at all on Magik, Karma and Rachel's disappearances (I know she said the NM were gone but that was without any sort of emotional investment). As I said, Kitty's entire world revolves around Colossus now and it makes her look like callous and selfish because all these writers just skim Wikipedia for characterization. Having her relinquish leadership of the X-Men and going off to look for her lost friends because she feels responsibility (and then coming back for the final Disassembled fight) would've been a much better way to write her off than humiliating her to make Jean look good.
    How was Kitty humilated to make Jean look good? Jean was written horribly ande made to be incompetent in Disasembled. Kitty was taken off the table for most of that arc and surprisingly fared better than she had been throughout Gold
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-20-2019 at 10:03 PM.

  4. #79
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Let us all pray for Neto during this trying time.

    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...49550512537600

    Top 10 Anime Betrayals
    heroine addict we love you come back

  5. #80

  6. #81
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,065

    Default

    Duggan wrote one of the best Kittys of the last 20 years in his A+X story.

  7. #82

    Default

    I don’t think they’ll be getting back together, but let’s be honest with ourselves, that was a dope story.

  8. #83
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I don’t think they’ll be getting back together, but let’s be honest with ourselves, that was a dope story.
    Which story was that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •