Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They didn't stop drawing Havok's scar - it got cured in X-Men Blue.
    Im not talking about that. He got a scar following his time in Mutant X that was never cured on panel. It disappeared in ReLoad when he got transferred over to X-men

BANNED

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1 Nov 1984
    "Lies!"
    Heartbroken after her break up with Peter Colossus, Kitty decides to go home to her parents to recoup.
    While there, she over hears a peculiar exchange between her father

and some business associates from overseas.

Fearing for her father's life, Kitty follows him to Japan to help in any way she can.
    But in the Land of the Rising Sun, Kitty is alone, cold, hungry

and soon finds herself in way over her head. But this is nothing compared to
    the startling revelation that her very own father may be falling in with the Yakuza.

NOTES: The events of this story take place after Uncanny X-Men #183. First appearance of Ogun (in civilian clothes).

Written by Chris Claremont. Art by Al Milgrom.

Fantastic Member

Kitty Pryde by Marcus To, though it unfortunately looks a bit same-y with how he's been drawing Betsy in Excalibur. Still cute, though.

I dont get this Kitty and Krakoa deal. She cant use the gates but how is she prevented from being on the island? What if she were to be airdropped or teleported in by Magik?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont get this Kitty and Krakoa deal. She cant use the gates but how is she prevented from being on the island? What if she were to be airdropped or teleported in by Magik?
    She isn't prevented from being on the island, we've seen her there and she appears to be there for whatever vote is taking place in that preview art. It's just that her role as captain of the Marauders keeps her away most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    She isn't prevented from being on the island, we've seen her there and she appears to be there for whatever vote is taking place in that preview art. It's just that her role as captain of the Marauders keeps her away most of the time.
    Then why isnt she present for the Council meetings? Storm is and she's just as involved in Maraurders as Kitty. Kitty was only seen on the outskirts of the island; we have yet to see her actually on Krakoa with everyone else

Then why isnt she present for the Council meetings? Storm is and she's just as involved in Maraurders as Kitty. Kitty was only seen on the outskirts of the island; we have yet to see her actually on Krakoa with everyone else
    Storm can use the gates and fly at incredible speed, it's easier for her to commute to Council meetings. She also isn't leading the Marauders, so while her presence is obviously helpful, it isn't necessary.

The only Council meetings we've seen so far took place before the Red Queen reveal in Marauders #2, now that everything is caught up she might be telepathically joining the meeting in X-Men #3 and they have the option of her physically showing up as long as it doesn't conflict with whatever is going on in her book.

Storm can use the gates and fly at incredible speed, it's easier for her to commute to Council meetings. She also isn't leading the Marauders, so while her presence is obviously helpful, it isn't necessary.

The only Council meetings we've seen so far took place before the Red Queen reveal in Marauders #2, now that everything is caught up she might be telepathically joining the meeting in X-Men #3 and they have the option of her physically showing up as long as it doesn't conflict with whatever is going on in her book.
    Which brings back to my original question. She can’t use the gates, so why not airdrop or use a teleporter?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

She's obviously ditching.

Thanks, Emma.
    "Cable was right!"

Which brings back to my original question. She can’t use the gates, so why not airdrop or use a teleporter?
    After the events of X-force, they might be limiting air traffic into Krakoa. Magik is otherwise occupied, Kurt can't do long jumps. If there was an emergency that absolutely necessitated her presence on the island she would probably fly in or have Pixie bring her in, but if time isn't really a factor why wouldn't she just sail in since she is already on a boat.

I may make a thread about the larger "Hellfire" club membership, but since this is Kate's thread, I'll ask everyone here: Who should be in Kate's Inner Circle? I've read some thinking Rachel should be her Red Knight (which in itself a better name than Prestige). But who should be her Bishop, Rook and Pawn(s)?

Red Queen: Kate Pryde
    Red King: (Vacant?)
    Red Bishop: Lucas Bishop
    Red Knights: Rachel & Iceman
    Red Rooks: Pyro, maybe Doug could have a dual purpose or he could serve as her liaison to Krakoa?
    Red Pawns: some of the X-kids?

I know it's fun thinking on the possibilities but I doubt Marvel will expand on the Inner Circle and all the missing pieces because it wouldn't matter to the greater story they are trying to tell. the Marauders is handling all this and I can't see Storm playing Emma's IC game play against Shaw. So it just might be the main pieces (queens and king) who will get any attention. And yet, I could see Sebastian making Shinobi his bishop (only if Shinobi wants to be under his father, just to plan on taking his place again).

After the events of X-force, they might be limiting air traffic into Krakoa. Magik is otherwise occnupied, Kurt can't do long jumps. If there was an emergency that absolutely necessitated her presence on the island she would probably fly in or have Pixie bring her in, but if time isn't really a factor why wouldn't she just sail in since she is already on a boat.
    Kurt was with Kitty on the Krakoa beach in the first issue. He most definitely could have teleported her within the island if she were able to enter it. I didnt even think of Pixie, but she's another option. Pickles as well.

Limiting air traffic? Im not talking taking an airship. You cant tell me that none of the fliers like Storm, Archangel, Monet, Jean, etc... couldnt fly with Kitty. Heck Iceman has the ability to ice slide with her. Kitty not being on Krakoa is very contrived and it cant simply be just the gates bc there are plenty of viable options around that if that were the only case
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-02-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post

Kitty Pryde by Marcus To, though it unfortunately looks a bit same-y with how he's been drawing Betsy in Excalibur. Still cute, though.
    I know, right? I remember similar accusations were levied towards Jim Cheung, and his stuff is great.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right? I remember similar accusations were levied towards Jim Cheung, and his stuff is great.
    I'll be honest I don't care that much about same face syndrome if all faces look great, get Jim Cheung and Marcus To drawing everyone like twins and I'll be perfectly happy.

Kurt was with Kitty on the Krakoa beach in the first issue. He most definitely could have teleported her within the island if she were able to enter it. I didnt even think of Pixie, but she's another option. Pickles as well.

Limiting air traffic? Im not talking taking an airship. You cant tell me that none of the fliers like Storm, Archangel, Monet, Jean, etc... couldnt fly with Kitty. Heck Iceman has the ability to ice slide with her. Kitty not being on Krakoa is very contrived and it cant simply be just the gates bc there are plenty of viable options around that if that were the only case
    You seem to be both throwing up obstacles and then complaining about it.

Kate can attend the council with notice. She just arrives on the island and walks. No big deal in a comic universe that conveniently ignores travel distances. There may be times that they need to convene quicker than this and they have teleporters for this. We just saw them using Gateway’s services, and they could equally use Manifold or Magik. So where exactly is the problem?

The only reason Kate resisted teleportation in issue 1, was her apparent anger and independence. She wanted to make her own way to the island. There may be another reason we are not yet privy too, like a covert possession. None of this stops her from her voting duties.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.