Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=TOTALITY;4565729]I always picture her in something like this, but with her Shadowcat blue instead of the red. Still with black legs though? Long gloves? Am I crazy? (probably)

I can see it! Maybe a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    that's honestly her best costume in my opinion. Even if it's not 616
    That's my feeling as well. I think it's the only one that isn't the generic uniform that I like at all.

BANNED

The David Excalibur costumr is honestly pretty great but JDW hates it for being too dated (yet loves the training uniform).

the other two aoa kitty costume stans, i can sense you, i call out to you
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I am here

Also: I'd be down for the AoA outfit or the one on the last page minus pope hat (was that Ultimate?).

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't want her to ditch the mask, personally.
    Maybe if it were a domino mask but I don't see her wearing a full-on facemask like Ultimate Kitty was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe if it were a domino mask but I don't see her wearing a full-on facemask like Ultimate Kitty was.
    I just think the mask looks good, and is kinda what brings the whole design together. Plenty of X-Men wear masks, so I don't know why Kitty couldn't.

I just think the mask looks good, and is kinda what brings the whole design together. Plenty of X-Men wear masks, so I don't know why Kitty couldn't.
    I dunno, I’m not feeling the whole mask thing. IMO she’s better off without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    AOA costume isn't bad, but feels a bit generic to me.

Again, the domino mask I can see since she's worn it before but the full mask like Ultimate Kitty's just implies she's trying to make more of an effort to hide her identity then I see her doing.

But that's just my take on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Again, the domino mask I can see since she's worn it before but the full mask like Ultimate Kitty's just implies she's trying to make more of an effort to hide her identity then I see her doing.

But that's just my take on it.
    To me, masks don't really need much of a in-story justification. After all, Wolverine still wears them most of the time and it's not like he's keeping any secrets. Cyclops too. They're enough of a genre convention to me that you can just put them in if you feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That was me tweeting at him. I didn’t immediately report it over here because I felt like he may have felt some sympathy for the way I presented the question and said more than he wanted to, for a series they’ve been very selective about revealing anything from in advance.

I must say I was quite excited that he responded when he could have pretended not to see it... it feels like a response one might give if they know they are making some progress on the “queer Kitty” front and just can’t reveal it yet... but I could also see it being a response one might give for other reasons (like this ‘Kate’ is somehow a totally different person, which I doubt, or that the book has so much going on that there’s no time for romance, which I could see.)

I am tentatively hopeful that it really might, as you say, be a gay ol’ time, or at least a, ah.. bi coastal voyage? But don’t want to get too excited yet. I know even if Duggan is sympathetic to that segment of Kitty fandom, his hands could be tied, or it may not have been on his mind when he started work on this book. We’ll see!
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 09-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.

It would be a interesting little status quo change to have her drop Kitty and go by Kate. It'd never last, of course, but it would be interesting while it lasted.

It seems like that’s what’s happening, at least in this book. She’s called that in the solicit text, and Duggan only calls her Kate in interviews.