Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Could be that the big 3 doesn't want Kitty in Krakoa for fear of her getting in Moira's Noplace even by accident. I really, really hope it isn't that fucking NEO bullshit.

My third favorite X-Man is back! When was the last time a writer nailed her voice like this? Duggan is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I’m wondering if it might be her mindset, in that she doesn’t actually want to. As she says to Ororo in the issue, she’s not sure she views it as a home. Maybe she won’t be able to until she subconsciously accepts her place there.
    Possibly, but if it's a subconscious thing, I feel like there's no way that she would be the only one that feels that way.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    My third favorite X-Man is back! When was the last time a writer nailed her voice like this? Duggan is too good.
    Sam Humphries.
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing Member

Personally I like the idea that Krokoa's jealous of Doug's feelings for Kitty.

Kitty was am-az-ing today. I missed her.

BANNED

I’m wondering if it might be her mindset, in that she doesn’t actually want to. As she says to Ororo in the issue, she’s not sure she views it as a home. Maybe she won’t be able to until she subconsciously accepts her place there.
    That seems like a bit shitty on Krakoa's part though if that's the case? I mean, not even giving her the opportunity to pass through and 'feel the place out'? I mean, surely there's other mutants who would've been just as wary before they stepped in and had a look around? Like...it's a pretty big change, uprooting yourself and starting over?

BANNED

Will someone rename this thread to "kate" per kitty's own request.

BANNED

Appreciation threads will probably be rebooted in January

BANNED

Lol do they really still think long threads cause the forum to stop working?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Could be that the big 3 doesn't want Kitty in Krakoa for fear of her getting in Moira's Noplace even by accident. I really, really hope it isn't that fucking NEO bullshit.
    To be fair they could soft retcon to kitty evolving in to a NEO, giving her ultimate density control and the ability to phase things shes not touching

Fantastic Member

Kitty wouldn't be the only one kept out if it was just a mindset thing. Her mindset wasn't anti-Xavier/Moira/Magneto/Krakoa/et all agenda at all, she didn't really express any obvious problem or skepticism prior to slamming face first into the portal. She wouldn't be the only one to go in nervous. And presumably, she can't come in even with assistance like a human could by being led by a mutant, so there's something Really At Play for why she can't access the portal network.

Neo doesn't make sense; they just confirmed her mutant identity via Rasputin and showing her DNA being one of five mutant genes combined to create a Chimera in PoX. It'd be ass backwards to retcon her origins immediately after explicitly using them, and there was no mention of her DNA not being mutant in origin when it came to Rasputin (which would have been found out in the far future by Sinister and others involved in the DNA splicing). It would have come up as an anomaly.

Malice doesn't make sense; Emma would spot the psychic possession/influence and put a stop to it ASAP if she's wanting to use Kitty as a peer and ally whom she can rely on. She can't rely on Kitty if she's possessed, and ergo would end it.

My guess remains that she's being kept out to stay away from Moira/Xavier/Magneto's plans and the inner workings that no one else is allowed to see, because if she lives there she can eventually find things and go places no one else can. Precogs are rare and largely dead as a problem, but Kitty is alive and well.

I guess it could have something to do just with her power and the way the Krakoan network works, potentially, but given she's never had issues before with any sort of portals (via Illyana's stepping discs) or teleportation (via Kurt/et all), doesn't make that likely.

Guessing we just aren't given enough info to draw a solid conclusion to something that will be explained more as things progress, honestly.

Wow, between Marauders, Wolverine and X-Men/Fantastic Four, it's a good time to be a Kitty/Kate Pryde fan. I really hope she gets her own Giant Size One Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Guessing we just aren't given enough info to draw a solid conclusion to something that will be explained more as things progress, honestly.
    That's what I think. No theory's been that convincing to me.

Even the whole Moira/Xavier/Magneto trying to keep her out theory, I feel like she's not the only mutant with powers that would be able to gain her access to secrets on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol do they really still think long threads cause the forum to stop working?
    Only Jean can do that.