Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    The tats are clearly picking up Kitty's fashion detour from Mekanix. CLEARLY. Now let's pick up on some other threads from that series (I can feel myself descending into radical comic character trutherism and I don't care!! HXLD FAST)

But seriously, cool cover. Nice to see her wearing something other than the generic yellow and blue. The comicbook.com article that debuted it, almost seemed to indicate this cover was replacing the originally solicited one? The word variant was never used. And it's by Dauterman, the regular series cover artist. But that can't be what's happening, surely...
    I am going to love it if they take Kitty in her Mekanix direction. Now we just need to see Shan, Illyana, and Rachel all visiting the ship regularly.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

It’s billed as the Dauterman Red Queen variant, so I wonder if there will also be White Queen and Black King variants.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am going to love it if they take Kitty in her Mekanix direction. Now we just need to see Shan, Illyana, and Rachel all visiting the ship regularly.
    Yes! Or just ladies we haven't met yet at first, since those all seem like they'd only end in marriage or death, and what is death anymore? She's had so many 'serious' relationships; could use some time sailing the seas (of life, man )

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s billed as the Dauterman Red Queen variant, so I wonder if there will also be White Queen and Black King variants.
    For each issue, maybe! And continue with the Black Bishop when it gets to that issue...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Is Kitty being "seduced" by Emma into the "darker side" in this book? Or what is the Red King/Queen thing all about?

I've heard some thoughts it won't actually impact Kitty's personality and she's just going to "keep Emma grounded" and "oppose Shaw" but I don't know... that seems like this is total misdirection and a waste then.

I am hoping/believing it may tie into the more practical side of Kitty we saw glimpses of here and there in the past, notably her stay in the Bendis era with team Cyke

It could be a reaction to the events of GOLD and her failures therein as well

And just her independent streak coming out more over time, even if initially she only agrees to be in this position due to some kind of "offer she can't refuse" by Emma
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

So for those that read Marauder's, spoilers:
    why do you think Kitty wasn't able to go through the portal?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    end of spoilers
    She's a Neo, not a mutant. I wouldnt be surprised if that group turns up as an evolutionary minority and opposition to the mutants and humans

I loved it. Kate Pryde is an absolute drunk badass Red Pirate Queen. Haha, walking on the beach with a bottle of rum or whiskey. Her drunk diary on the ship. Taking out he Russian soldiers like they were annoying her and wow she is kind of mean taking out everyone's kneecaps in the most brutal way she can.

I love this, she is going all in the pirate thing too, she put up a jolly rodger. I can see her wearing the Red Queen outfit pretty soon. Emma is building her a massive ship that is almost ready. I think Emma sees Kate as her best friend. She may have been the third choice but I think Emma is making it clear she trusts Kate completely.

It's just such a fun comic, if anyone is a lapsed fan of Kate (Kitty) Pryde you need to read Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's a Neo, not a mutant. I wouldnt be surprised if that group turns up as an evolutionary minority and opposition to the mutants and humans
    Is that legit the reason? I know people were speculating about it but I feel like it might end up being something more.

I loved it. Kate Pryde is an absolute drunk badass Red Pirate Queen. Haha, walking on the beach with a bottle of rum or whiskey. Her drunk diary on the ship. Taking out he Russian soldiers like they were annoying her and wow she is kind of mean taking out everyone's kneecaps in the most brutal way she can.

I love this, she is going all in the pirate thing too, she put up a jolly rodger. I can see her wearing the Red Queen outfit pretty soon. Emma is building her a massive ship that is almost ready. I think Emma sees Kate as her best friend. She may have been the third choice but I think Emma is making it clear she trusts Kate completely.

It's just such a fun comic, if anyone is a lapsed fan of Kate (Kitty) Pryde you need to read Marauders.
    Couldn't agree more. I thought that this comic might be a bit too serious but it actually has a really fun tone, which has me excited.

The best part for me was Kitty threatening the little girl.

Is that legit the reason? I know people were speculating about it but I feel like it might end up being something more.

Couldn't agree more. I thought that this comic might be a bit too serious but it actually has a really fun tone, which has me excited.

The best part for me was Kitty threatening the little girl.
    I can see in about 3 or 4 issues that Ororo and Bobby are going to give Kate an intervention when they find out she has a case of rum in her quarters.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

end of spoilers
    Bad taste in men.
    "Cable was right!"

I can see in about 3 or 4 issues that Ororo and Bobby are going to give Kate an intervention when they find out she has a case of rum in her quarters.
    I'm all for seeing a darker side of Kitty in this, tbh. Kitty, I'd imagine, would be the type to be depressed but still have a wit to her.

The issue doesn't say spoilers:
    why she can't go in. The fact she couldn't is why she busted her nose, by the way, so it was clearly a surprise to her.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Neo are/were either mutants or a variant/offshoot thereof. We never had enough data to know. But when Hickman started digging into posthumans/homo sapien counter-evolution vs. mutants and brought back the Children of the Vault, I suspected the Neo might come up again too. Hickman is often a continuity completionist.

end of spoilers
    I’m wondering if it might be her mindset, in that she doesn’t actually want to. As she says to Ororo in the issue, she’s not sure she views it as a home. Maybe she won’t be able to until she subconsciously accepts her place there.