Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Someone posted an interesting theory on Disqus (on a thread discussing Incoming). Anddrs Anns wonders, is Kitty a Skrull, and that's why she can't use the Krakoan gates? And would that be revealed during Empyre?
    https://disqus.com/by/anddrsanns/

I don't think she is - but it WOULD make sense. Before she came back in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, Kitty had been away from the team for several years (she didn't return straight away when Excalibur disbanded, and went to college instead). AXM started about a year before Secret Invasion, so the timing is right for her to have been replaced before she rejoined the team - and there's been examples of Skrulls becoming so immersed they believe they are the real thing (like that time it looked like Mar-Vell was back from the dead. Even when told he was dead he thought he'd ended up time travelling to the future. Of course, he was actually an imposter, but forgot his real identity).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Again, Krakoa lets anyone in if they have a mutant accomplice. If Storm went with Kate and she still wasn’t let through the gate, then there’s something else going on than just “she’s not a mutant.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Again, Krakoa lets anyone in if they have a mutant accomplice. If Storm went with Kate and she still wasn’t let through the gate, then there’s something else going on than just “she’s not a mutant.”
    Agreed. I think she’s being intentionally restricted. Her powers make it too easy for her to discover things the bro daddies don’t want discovered.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Agreed. I think she’s being intentionally restricted. Her powers make it too easy for her to discover things the bro daddies don’t want discovered.
    I don't think that's the case considering that they had no problem bringing back Shinobi and there's nothing that Kitty could discover that any teleporter worth half their salt couldn't stumble upon.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't think that's the case considering that they had no problem bringing back Shinobi and there's nothing that Kitty could discover that any teleporter worth half their salt couldn't stumble upon.
    or telepath. Kitty cant use the gates but presumably can still access the island so that theory doesnt hold up. There is something about her that is preventing her from using it and I dont think its due to anyone purposely excluding her

The 2020 thread is gonna be lit and full of Pirate Mommy Kate.

Yeah, I'm guessing the thread will have a new name if it's locked and rebooted. It won't be Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat Appreciation any more. I'm thinking I'm the Red Queen, bitch - Captain Kate Pryde Appreciation 2020.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing the thread will have a new name if it's locked and rebooted. It won't be Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat Appreciation any more. I'm thinking I'm the Red Queen, bitch - Captain Kate Pryde Appreciation 2020.
    Perfect title.

Perfect title.
    I love that title for the thread too, perfect!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I think all the appreciation threads have been... I'm missing the word right now, but they're all "Civilian Name: Superhero Codename Appreciation 20XX"

BANNED

Duggod accomplishing Kate not being the worst X-character for the third time in a row despite the horror of Disassembled/AoXM and with only three issues should be an accomplishment in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Duggod accomplishing Kate not being the worst X-character for the third time in a row despite the horror of Disassembled/AoXM and with only three issues should be an accomplishment in itself.
    Especially since everyone was saying just how irreversible Kate’s character assassination in X-Men Gold was.

Especially since everyone was saying just how irreversible Kate’s character assassination in X-Men Gold was.
    She's certainly better than she was in the Gold era but I still don't get why they keep pushing her into these leadership roles over the likes of X-Women like Storm, Jean, Emma, or Rogue.

BANNED

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #2 Dec 1984
    "Terror!"
    Kitty Pryde has followed her father to Japan thinking that he may need her help, but what she finds will shake her to very core.
    Now, she's on the run, all alone, and in way over her head.
    And things go from bad to worse when the demon ninja sorcerer Ogun takes a liking to her.

Meanwhile, after receiving Kitty's frantic phone call see last issue,
    Wolverine arrives in the Land of the Rising Sun to find his missing teammate.

But will he be too late to save her from a fate worse than death?

NOTE: First appearance of Ogun (as a Ninja).

Written by Chris Claremont. Art by Al Milgrom.

Well, I guess they keep trying to ignore the Shadowcat codename, so the Appreciation Thread may as well take it out entirely.

(The other title just feels like it'll become dated).