Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Fantastic Member

I wonder if she is later revealed as a Neo and not a mutant. Would that be grounds for her to be removed from the quiet council and revoke her title as the red queen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She's certainly better than she was in the Gold era but I still don't get why they keep pushing her into these leadership roles over the likes of X-Women like Storm, Jean, Emma, or Rogue.
    Storm, Jean and Emma are all on the Quiet Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Storm, Jean and Emma are all on the Quiet Council.
    None of those women are leading any X-teams

This image from an upcoming book is making the rounds on twitter, I am not sure if it's from Marauders 5 or another book. I love that Kate and Emma are growing closer though and almost becoming like a mother and daughter in some ways!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Thank god she finally got her nose fixxed

Kitty and Emma like this is still a big WTF to me and it doesnt make logical sense that they'd ever be this close. Emma's personality is a complete 180 from how its been and its like she's been molded in order to fit this supertight motherly role that Duggan wants for them even if it doesnt fit the history of the characters
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-31-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Yeah, the way Kate is now wishing that she chose Hellfire/Hellions over Xavier's years ago comes across as a cosmic backstory ret-con similar to what Kobik did to Steve to set up "Secret Empire." But it's also a moot point anyway because EVERYBODY is on one unified "homogenized" side in Krakoa.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I think it shows growth for Emma and Kate. They have had moments of growing closeness before, and I think that Emma is working hard to show Kate that she will allow Kate fully into all of her operations. Everyone assumes that Emma wants to keep secrets from Kate, I think Emma wants a member of her inner circle that she fully trusts and now she has that in Kate Pryde. I also don't think Emma would behave this way for just anyone, she has been vulnerable with Katherine before, Katherine is one of the few people that Emma has told about Anne and Rebecca and how she feels responsible for their deaths at the hands of Sebastian. Emma has trusted Katherine several times in the past even when they weren't fully getting along, because she has always wanted Katherine to choose her side.

Kitty also spent several years of her childhood being kidnapped, tormented and traumatized by Emma. It would be more fitting if she couldnt truly get over that and as a result cant allow herself to fully trust her

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Yeah, the way Kate is now wishing that she chose Hellfire/Hellions over Xavier's years ago comes across as a cosmic backstory ret-con similar to what Kobik did to Steve to set up "Secret Empire." But it's also a moot point anyway because EVERYBODY is on one unified "homogenized" side in Krakoa.
    This Red Queen turn is rehabilitating a character that everyone but the writers was tired of. Secret Hellfire the boots down on Captain Kate. She's not my favorite character and I'm on record thinking X-Men history would be better without her --but all this red made me reconsider her existence as a Terra/Esme/Suzie Toller character and it fits so well it may as well be glass.

Exactly. Best late than never. She won.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty also spent several years of her childhood being kidnapped, tormented and traumatized by Emma. It would be more fitting if she couldnt truly get over that and as a result cant allow herself to fully trust her
    Yes, the early-appearance White Queen was a flat 1D baddie that existed only to be a punching bag at a battle's end after she has hurt the heroes some in the initial exchanges. This "becoming family" bit still leaves an acidic feel at pit of my stomach though. Because only mean b****es are capable of surviving and thriving in the world until the Mon-Keighs die out.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This Red Queen turn is rehabilitating a character that everyone but the writers was tired of. Secret Hellfire the boots down on Captain Kate. She's not my favorite character and I'm on record thinking X-Men history would be better without her --but all this red made me reconsider her existence as a Terra/Esme/Suzie Toller character and it fits so well it may as well be glass.
    I can't help but imagine that after that chaste embrace, Emma will offer Kate a belated joining gift of a Queen-corset-thong-and-cape, which she will then model for Em.....behind closed doors.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-31-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

So what you really want is for all the characters to never progress and change, for them to always be generic archetypes that never grow beyond the bounds of said archetypes. Emma Frost was originally written as a villain, so she cannot change, she cannot learn from her mistakes, or try to change herself, she must always be a villain.

That panel you showed is from the 1980's, by the 1990's Emma admitted that her way of going about things was wrong and she agreed to give Xavier's way a chance and she agreed to rebuild the school with Sean as her co-headmaster and start teaching kids again. So even Claremont reformed Emma.

But of course Emma isn't allowed to change. Kate is never allowed to grow up and have issues that causes her to be a bit violent and drink too much. She isn't allowed to go through a period where she is unsure of who she wants to be, because she has to stay that 14 year old teenager and never grow beyond it.

This is exactly the same crap the Quesada pulled on Spiderman. Peter can't be married, Peter can't grow up, Peter can't have a job, he has to be a college drop out photographer who never gets his **** together, never allowed to have a wife, and never allowed to have a child. He is never allowed to grow up because somehow that ruins the purity of comics.

I know you hate this current era, and you have been posting responses to me in every Marauders, Kitty Pryde, and Emma Frost thread. I like Dawn of X, and I like the new growth that has brought Kate and Emma closer, and I am going to enjoy every issue of Marauders where I get to see Emma Frost and Kate Pryde working together in common cause against the enemies of mutant kind.

This is the worst Kitty has been in decades! Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like Dawn of X, and I like the new growth that has brought Kate and Emma closer, and I am going to enjoy every issue of Marauders where I get to see Emma Frost and Kate Pryde working together in common cause against the enemies of mutant kind.
    Some must suffer in order for others to enjoy. Such is the way of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So what you really want is for all the characters to never progress and change, for them to always be generic archetypes that never grow beyond the bounds of said archetypes. Emma Frost was originally written as a villain, so she cannot change, she cannot learn from her mistakes, or try to change herself, she must always be a villain.

That panel you showed is from the 1980's, by the 1990's Emma admitted that her way of going about things was wrong and she agreed to give Xavier's way a chance and she agreed to rebuild the school with Sean as her co-headmaster and start teaching kids again. So even Claremont reformed Emma.

But of course Emma isn't allowed to change. Kate is never allowed to grow up and have issues that causes her to be a bit violent and drink too much. She isn't allowed to go through a period where she is unsure of who she wants to be, because she has to stay that 14 year old teenager and never grow beyond it.

This is exactly the same crap the Quesada pulled on Spiderman. Peter can't be married, Peter can't grow up, Peter can't have a job, he has to be a college drop out photographer who never gets his **** together, never allowed to have a wife, and never allowed to have a child. He is never allowed to grow up because somehow that ruins the purity of comics.

I know you hate this current era, and you have been posting responses to me in every Marauders, Kitty Pryde, and Emma Frost thread. I like Dawn of X, and I like the new growth that has brought Kate and Emma closer, and I am going to enjoy every issue of Marauders where I get to see Emma Frost and Kate Pryde working together in common cause against the enemies of mutant kind.
    No, you just said that. Them being frenemies is progress. Them being mother/daughter is taking things a bit too far

I dont hate the current era. Ive never written that so please try not to confuse me with other posters