Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

SHADOWCAT, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Kitty, yay!

I love Lockheed as well Thanks for sharing From The Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's the other way around. When Jubilee was created she was intended as a substitute for Kitty. They both served as Logan's kid sidekick, for one thing. Kitty only seems like a Jubilee knockoff because Evolution came so soon after the 90s cartoon.
    EVO Kitty was portrayed as a California mallrat rather than a computer geek/dancer from Chicago. So I agree with the accessment that they “Jubilee’d her up” as it were.
    The characters had similar ingenue roles with Wolverine and the X-Men team but that’s pretty much where the similarity ends.
    Claremontian “love” of fashion too!

heinlein_r_katmuur_1986_1.jpg

"The Cat Who Walks Through Walls"
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's the other way around. When Jubilee was created she was intended as a substitute for Kitty. They both served as Logan's kid sidekick, for one thing. Kitty only seems like a Jubilee knockoff because Evolution came so soon after the 90s cartoon.
    Jubilee was created as a Boom Boom substitute

Wolverine: Exit Wounds one-shot by Claremont announced. It's set at the end of the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine mini, so needless to say, Shadowcat will be in this.
    https://www.newsarama.com/44313-clar...wolverine.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really want an update of her Evolution look to be her main costume. I'm sick of the gold and black pajamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really want an update of her Evolution look to be her main costume. I'm sick of the gold and black pajamas.
    Her EVO look is nothing more than a palette swap of those gold and black pajamas you dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her EVO look is nothing more than a palette swap of those gold and black pajamas you dislike
    yeah but it's a palette that hasn't been projectile vomited all over the franchise over every character in existence
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, just a colour change and not having her hair cut off would've been a big improvement to her X-Men Gold uniform.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. She isn't wearing diapers of those ridiculous boots in Evo.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #179 Mar 1984
    "What Happened to Kitty!"
    Continued from last issue...

The Morlocks have captured Kitty Pryde and are now preparing her for a forced marriage to Caliban.

Having left the X-Men to believe that Kitty had died falling off the roof of the Baxter Building, Storm, Wolverine and Rogue go to examine the body.
    Wolverine tells his comrades that he girl on the morgue slab before them is not Kitty, making Storm wonder who
    could have captured her and why they went through such trouble to make the other X-Men think that she was dead.

Meanwhile at the X-Mansion, Nightcrawler examines Colossus's frozen body and cannot detect a heart beat,
    making him, Professor X, Illyana and Amanda Sefton wonder if even in his armored form he could have survived being frozen.
    Their examination is interrupted when Storm contacts the Professor telepathically and tells him of the news surrounding "Kitty's" death.
    Before she can tell him whom she believes is behind the capture the Professor is
    struck by a powerful mental probe by some alien force of great power and passes out.

Down in the Morlock Tunnels, Kitty snaps out of her stupor to find that the Morlocks are attempting to marry her off to Caliban.
    When she attempts to resist, Callisto points out that when she was down in the tunnels previously,
    she promised to do whatever Caliban wanted if he helped her. Caliban wished to marry the girl,
    and Callisto is trying to bind her to her promise, even though Caliban realizes that the girl could never love him.
    When Kitty attempts to flee into the sewers she comes across the young Morlock named Leech who is lost and scared in the tunnels.

She decides to lead the boy back and agrees to honor her promise.

Before the ceremony, Masque is brought in to alter Kitty's face so that she is deformed like all the Morlocks.
    However, when Masque's despisement of all things pretty makes him torment her, Callisto orders him to stop and change her back to normal.
    As the wedding ceremony begins, it is interrupted by the arrival of Storm, Rogue and Wolverine.
    A brief battle begins between the X-Men and the Morlocks before Kitty stops them and explains her
    promise to Caliban and reminds them that saving Colossus is more important that fighting each other.

A solution is soon made: Taking Callisto and the Morlock known as the Healer back to the X-Mansion, the Professor has Rogue absorb Colossus's powers.
    When the Russian mutant reverts back to his human form the Healer then uses his powers to heal his wounds.
    With Peter recovering in the infirmary, Kitty leaves to return to the Morlock tunnels
    giving Illyana letters for her parents and Peter to explain what happened.
    When she goes down she is met by Caliban, who tells her that he realizes that it is not right to force
    her to marry him or stay in the Morlock tunnels against her will and releases her from her promise.

Before departing, he gives the young mutant a single rose before returning to the tunnels.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

Thanks for posting that. That was a really good issue. Kitty's development was so good for the time. I love how Claremont made sure that she was consistently growing.

Kitty is conspicuously absent in the new House of X/Powers of X promo.

Thoughts?

BANNED

Guggenheim's fault.

Don't worry she is getting some attention in X-Tracts: