Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well there is going to be a bit of a book reset for the fall. So there will be new team books and dynamics. But I see what you mean that most of the writers just don't see Kitty and Colossus apart from each other, even though they are actually truly awful as a couple. I always feel bad for poor Illyana I think she just keeps pining away for Kitty and hoping that Kitty will finally notice that Illyana is her true love. (hehe, I love the pure drama of it and the reaction on Colossus' face when he sees his ex dating his sister!)
    It was really shitty how Kitty did not comment at all on Magik, Karma and Rachel's disappearances (I know she said the NM were gone but that was without any sort of emotional investment). As I said, Kitty's entire world revolves around Colossus now and it makes her look like callous and selfish because all these writers just skim Wikipedia for characterization. Having her relinquish leadership of the X-Men and going off to look for her lost friends because she feels responsibility (and then coming back for the final Disassembled fight) would've been a much better way to write her off than humiliating her to make Jean look good.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was really shitty how Kitty did not comment at all on Magik, Karma and Rachel's disappearances (I know she said the NM were gone but that was without any sort of emotional investment). As I said, Kitty's entire world revolves around Colossus now and it makes her look like callous and selfish because all these writers just skim Wikipedia for characterization. Having her relinquish leadership of the X-Men and going off to look for her lost friends because she feels responsibility (and then coming back for the final Disassembled fight) would've been a much better way to write her off than humiliating her to make Jean look good.
    Without a doubt it was noticed. I can't speak to the rationale of her not noting that all most of the New Mutants (her good friends) were MIA, but her brief recap of the events of Extermination and not mentioning Rachel show how little she cares for others at the moment. I don't think she cares about anyone, herself included. I hope they can salvage her back to being a smart, fun, and determined woman who protects her friends fiercely.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Without a doubt it was noticed. I can't speak to the rationale of her not noting that all most of the New Mutants (her good friends) were MIA, but her brief recap of the events of Extermination and not mentioning Rachel show how little she cares for others at the moment. I don't think she cares about anyone, herself included. I hope they can salvage her back to being a smart, fun, and determined woman who protects her friends fiercely.
    where did she recap Extermination?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    How was Kitty humilated to make Jean look good? Jean was written horribly ande made to be incompetent in Disasembled. Kitty was taken off the table for most of that arc and surprisingly fared better than she had been throughout Gold
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-20-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Let us all pray for Neto during this trying time.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...49550512537600

Top 10 Anime Betrayals
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Duggan wrote one of the best Kittys of the last 20 years in his A+X story.

I don’t think they’ll be getting back together, but let’s be honest with ourselves, that was a dope story.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I don’t think they’ll be getting back together, but let’s be honest with ourselves, that was a dope story.
    Which story was that?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

From Hulk (2014) #9, written by Gerry Duggan:

I really wish she would go away for a while. Not liking that she will continue to lead. Hopefully Duggan can at least turn around some of the damage that Guggs did on her bc she hasnt recovered yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wish she would go away for a while. Not liking that she will continue to lead. Hopefully Duggan can at least turn around some of the damage that Guggs did on her bc she hasnt recovered yet
    Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat appreciation.

I'm really happy for Kitty's future. She's got a decent costume again, her iconic ponytail, Lockheed. I even like that she's the leader really. XMG portrayed it badly by throwing other characters under the bus but in theory Kitty leading isn't a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm really happy for Kitty's future. She's got a decent costume again, her iconic ponytail, Lockheed. I even like that she's the leader really. XMG portrayed it badly by throwing other characters under the bus but in theory Kitty leading isn't a bad thing.
    I was really glad Lockheed is back. Lockheed was one of the things that made Kitty so iconic as Shadowcat. I like that she is going to use blades, it will be interesting to see how she brings swords and phasing together in a fight.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I agree. I think/hope Marauders will be good for Kitty. Very thankful they finally got rid of that awful costume/design as well. Was super excited to see the return of the ponytail, and I love the scarf they gave her.

BANNED

Maybe Lockheed's wife is the one who busted her homewrecker face up.