Question Do you read 2000AD digitally? And/or the Dredd Megazine?

I buy the volumes of Judge Dredd that are released physically in the US -- mainly the softcovers from IDW and the larger dimensions TPBs from 2000AD, along with the occasional hardcover from Rebellion (all via Amazon). The actual progs are not too feasible as they are either expensive or I have to wait until my LCS gets in a whole month at once in a bundle, in which case it's easier and smarter for me to just wait some more and get the collected editions.

I am considering switching to the electronic copies as they offer discounts for bundles and are available in America. It starts off at about $13 per month for the combo weekly progs and monthly zine, and then it gets cheaper if I pick quarterly or annually.

What I have not been able to find are any reviews of the app. I want to know what the reading experience is like, what is the image quality, how you access new and previously released installments (if you can) or what. Is there a subscription that is best for someone like me who wants more than just the current releases?

In the fine print of my collected editions, it appears that the stories contained inside are from a number of different progs. Usually a string of issues in a row and then some separate numbers from different runs. This makes me even more confused for how you guys across the pond are following along as it drops.

So what's it like? Is Dredd in every prog? Should I just stick with the physical books? I feel like I am paying a fair amount while being totally unclear if I am missing Dredd stories. On top of that, I know the progs are full of other stories I might like since I love Dredd, based on what you've all said.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it

Dredd is a constant in every Prog, the only story that is an ever present. I have a physical subscription, I live in Australia so there is a cost but I'm a fair old techophile when it comes to comics, perhaps strange as I work in IT but it's honestly one of the highlights of my week to get home from work and see another one has arrived. I've read some of the IDW comics, generally the art is pretty good but I'm still not convinced the stories travel so well, to me Dredd is so uniquely British and doesn't quite work for me when transposed into an American publishers work. It's little things like the block names, almost always the block names are smart little pop culture references that a Brit would be for more likely to appreciate.

As for the rest the stories are incredibly diverse and I can often find myself not really liking any of them in a particular Prog and then a few weeks later that gets reversed and I love them all. Sometimes a story will grow on me, something that would probably not happen if I was buying the trades and getting stories in one hit. Several of the current stories follow the pattern you mentioned, they will have say a ten issue run, then take a break and then come back six months later. One of my current favourites is following that pattern, Scarlet Traces, a spin on War of the Worlds with earth fighting a Martian invasion. Awesome story and I've got no idea when it will be making a return!

PROG2132.jpg

You ask if you should stick with physical, personally I'd say yes to the progs although that postage is a big hit. Just my opinion!

Any gaps you have can be filled in at the 2000ad official store at https://shop.2000ad.com, they have back issues going back to 2002, both physical and digital. Also try Things From Another World in the US, I've picked up some IDW trades from them before now and they have a decent range.