Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I dont agree with ever negative review, we probably shouldn't call them misogyny and chauvinism for not liking the movie.
    The issue is someone who has seen the movie and didn't like it-will not run online to throw NONSTOP fits about it.

What we are seeing are a loud minority who can't stop throwing fits about something they have not or will not see.

Here's a real life example.

This guy TRASHED Star Wars Last Jedi in 20 videos and NEVER saw it.
    He got too PERSONAL in his attacks of Ryan Coolger-saying he grew up without a father because of how the women were done in Black Panther. Ryan grew up with his father.

Same guy who has gone on trashing Marvel and got way too PERSONAL in insulting employees especially the female employees. And made it clear if he was in charge of Marvel he would fire all the SJWs and in his mind that is EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE.
    Here is the kicker-the last time he read a Marvel book? Kylie Jenner wasn't BORN yet. She will be 22 this year. 22 years which s the last time he was in comic book store.

You could go through his videos and pick apart ALL of his claims without ewer trying.

Guys like this are the issue. They make up crap and too many folks take it as the TRUTH. And then spread it even further. See we are all on this board are hardcore comic book fans. We can counter that crap. For someone who is NOT-and don't research-they fuel the flames.

So they make it hard for LEGIT criticism of stuff. Because they are the loudest complainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Has Monica really had any meaningful role since Roger Stern left the Avengers? I don't think one character's sidelining and the other's rise to prominence have much to do with each other at all. There's a better argument Monica got sidelined for Sersi, imo.
    I think we had a Comic Book Legends Revealed segment on this. Basically Mark Gruenwald ordered Monica be gotten rid of because he wanted Captain America to lead the Avengers again, and unfortunately, the character never really recovered since nobody was all that interested in using her once Roger Stern was no longer on the book.

The first person in decades who seems to have a genuine affection for the character and actually uses her frequently is Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I dont agree with ever negative review, we probably shouldn't call them misogyny and chauvinism for not liking the movie.
    Cosmic Book News and Matt Mcgloin are nothing but chauvinists. Go visit their site, read through their reviews and comments. You'll see -- they're nothing but chauvinist pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think we had a Comic Book Legends Revealed segment on this. Basically Mark Gruenwald ordered Monica be gotten rid of because he wanted Captain America to lead the Avengers again, and unfortunately, the character never really recovered since nobody was all that interested in using her once Roger Stern was no longer on the book.

The first person in decades who seems to have a genuine affection for the character and actually uses her frequently is Al Ewing.
    Warren Ellis did his best for her in NextWave: Agents of H.A.T.E. He had her leading her own team again, too!

Extraordinary Member

It was Nextwave that brought Monica back to prominence somewhat by reintroducing her as a down-on-her-luck hero who couldn't stop talking about how she used to lead the Avengers. Even though the book was a satire and only vaguely canon, she was a cool character in it and got a stronger personality than she'd had before (and it was oddly, accidentally, similar to the way Carol was being characterized at the time, as someone who was very conscious that she wasn't an A-list hero and was trying to do better).

Ironically Carol getting the Captain Marvel title also helped revive Monica's fortunes because the comic felt a need to address the fact that there was a black woman who had had the title of Captain Marvel before Carol took it. Since the Captain Marvel legacy didn't have anything to do with Monica, I'm not sure she would have been folded into Carol's story the way she has been if it hadn't been for those two issues where she guest-starred early in KSD's run.

BANNED

I was a bit disappointed Ronan wasnt really used either but I think complaining that the film took its own liberties and wasn't exactly like the comics is a ridiculous complaint. I dont think there's any CBM that didn't change things up.

Some of the points are flat out dumb in my opinion. It said that no one has seen the Supreme Intelligence true form so for all we know we'll eventually see face infront of Oz down the road.

A female Mar-Vell doesnt mean there isnt a male one out there somewhere maybe she had a son. MOS had both Jenny and Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU at least.

I disagree with the filler episode thing. A filler in my opinion is just something that doesnt really add anything. There's nothing new to discuss. The Capt. Marvel brang some new things with it into the MCU.

The Kree aren't necessarily irredeemable villains. If Mar-Vell could have a noble cause like she did I'm sure there's other Kree who are heartfelt. The villains were The Accusers, Star Force, Yon-Rogg and The Supreme Intelligence and as far as I'm war theyve been antagonist in the comics.

The Kree Sentry thing doesn't honestly sound like a serious point..

Regardless I did have my complaints but I personally enjoyed the film.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Will it be necessary for me to watch this film in order to understand Endgame (please no spoilers)?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Will it be necessary for me to watch this film in order to understand Endgame (please no spoilers)?
    No I don't see why it would be essential to watching End Game. Unless you want to know more about Carol and how she got her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    No, but I would suggest looking for the first end credit scene online. You can probably find it somewhere.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I was a bit disappointed Ronan wasnt really used either but I think complaining that the film took its own liberties and wasn't exactly like the comics is a ridiculous complaint. I dont think there's any CBM that didn't change things up.

Some of the points are flat out dumb in my opinion. It said that no one has seen the Supreme Intelligence true form so for all we know we'll eventually see face infront of Oz down the road.

A female Mar-Vell doesnt mean there isnt a male one out there somewhere maybe she had a son. MOS had both Jenny and Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU at least.

I disagree with the filler episode thing. A filler in my opinion is just something that doesnt really add anything. There's nothing new to discuss. The Capt. Marvel brang some new things with it into the MCU.

The Kree aren't necessarily irredeemable villains. If Mar-Vell could have a noble cause like she did I'm sure there's other Kree who are heartfelt. The villains were The Accusers, Star Force, Yon-Rogg and The Supreme Intelligence and as far as I'm war theyve been antagonist in the comics.

The Kree Sentry thing doesn't honestly sound like a serious point..

Regardless I did have my complaints but I personally enjoyed the film.
    In the comics there are the Priests of Pama, a group of Kree who rejected the ''Zen Fascist'' culture of the empire and embraced the pacifist religion of the Cotati. Besides the MCU Kree are basically a more evil version of the Pre-Annihilation Kree of the comics.

After Annihilation, Ronan and the Kree in general are depicted in a more heroic role,.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 03-21-2019 at 02:51 AM.