Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I liked the movie. I wish that Black Panther had been handed as well. Hala was a lot more impressive looking than Wakanda unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marvel-review

It's a bit harsh and toxic, but i agree with him that Gunn and Waititi turned Marvel's cosmic landscape into a joke.

I also was dissapointed by the Captain Marvel movie, even though i like Carol Danvers as a character.

1) Because the movie feels like a filler episode.

2) Because they genderswapped Mar-Vell, one of my favorite characters thanks to the writing of Jim Starlin, and killed him/her off in a flashback.

3) Because they turned Nick Fury into a joke.

4) Because i prefer the Supreme Intelligence to be a giant green potato.

5) Because there are no Kree Sentry robots.

6) Because they turned the Kree into irredeamable villains. I Always liked the Kree because they are kinda like the Imperium from Warhammer 40,000.

7) Because they blew the chance of developing Ronan the Accuser.

8) Because it's based on Deconnick's lackluster run.
    The Kree were always elitist.

I partly respect Mcgloin because he's pretty much the only one standing up for Nova and Quasar, and i'm a fan of those characters.
    Ahem! CBN went out of their way to pitch a fan war between Rich Rider and Sam Alexander fans to the point matters got way way out of hand, and I mean out of hand. Best thing majority of the fans who used to frequent their site's forum was to ditch the site and make their own. That happend years ago by the way and things have been far better for it with a healthy Nova fan community now based on Facebook and Twitter as companions to Nova Prime Page. As for Captain Marvel, she isn't a characrer I can say honestly I like - I prefer the original - but I'm open minded for the film and will give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    That's part of the problem with the comic book community. Willingness to overlook really toxic people because they work on a character you like or say nice things about a character you like.
    Can't be said better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If it's who I think it is, he actually got an offer to write an indie comic starring a black hero and blew it, because despite him calling everyone else a "beta" he was he could not take directions from the creator of the character and was slow to respond to inquiries.
    Yeah it's HIM.

I mean sometimes you have to do something like that to get your name out there. Priest did not care for Black Panther and we all know how that worked out.

That's part of the problem with the comic book community. Willingness to overlook really toxic people because they work on a character you like or say nice things about a character you like.
    Folks are willing as long as the toxic side does not try to interfere.

Review bombing films.
    Rallying of boycotts of books.
    Harassing creators.
    Spreading rumors.
    Having a double standard.
    Making up stuff.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The Kree were always elitist.
    Yes, but they have frequently helped the heroes against common threats like in Annihilation and Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Ahem! CBN went out of their way to pitch a fan war between Rich Rider and Sam Alexander fans to the point matters got way way out of hand, and I mean out of hand. Best thing majority of the fans who used to frequent their site's forum was to ditch the site and make their own. That happend years ago by the way and things have been far better for it with a healthy Nova fan community now based on Facebook and Twitter as companions to Nova Prime Page. As for Captain Marvel, she isn't a characrer I can say honestly I like - I prefer the original - but I'm open minded for the film and will give it a go.
    I admit i really dislike Sam Alexander as a character and modern Marvel for their attempts at keeping Richard Rider in obscurity as well as their refusal of doing more quality space opera and military science fiction storylines like in the Dan Abnett era.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A very lackluster movie. I was disappointed...I think the only things I really liked were the cat, Monica and her mom.

Toooooo by the numbers with nothing really inspiring or interesting.
    So, it's essentially the Thor the Dark World of Phase 3.

So, it's essentially the Thor the Dark World of Phase 3.
    I wish it wasn't but I see them on the same level. It's a slightly above average movie that had the potential/hype to move MCU to a new level.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

To be honest I’m still on the fence about going to see this movie, I’m annoyed with Marvel for always belittling Monica to make Carol more prominent and this film seems to be the epitome of that.

I was waiting to hear if there was a Hulkling tease in the movie (maybe post-credit scene) by maybe showing Mar-Vell and the Skrull princess together. But it would appear nothing like that is in the movie and since I don't care for Carol Danvers even in the comics, I couldn't be bothered to pay money to watch it.

As for the Kree being bad guys. People surprised by this clearly haven't been paying attention as this has been signposted throughout the MCU and in Agents of SHIELD specifically for years now.
    #EmmaWasRight

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    To be honest I’m still on the fence about going to see this movie, I’m annoyed with Marvel for always belittling Monica to make Carol more prominent and this film seems to be the epitome of that.
    I wouldn't say that at all, but ymmv. Monica was one of the better parts of the movie and they're clearly setting her up for a sequel. She's not the Monica we know her as in this movie, but a sequel could very well be different.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all, but ymmv. Monica was one of the better parts of the movie and they're clearly setting her up for a sequel. She's not the Monica we know her as in this movie, but a sequel could very well be different.
    True. Though, I think they had a number of opportunities to give Monica her power during this movie
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Most of this is guff and I'm not giving CosmicBookTwattery the honour of my clicks but I couldn't sit on this one:
    6) Because they turned the Kree into irredeamable villains. I Always liked the Kree because they are kinda like the Imperium from Warhammer 40,000.
    The - not - wh - *spluttering*

The WH40K Imperium ARE irredeemable villains! They have always been so! They slaughter every element of their own people that doesn't measure up to arbitrary standards of 'purity', they leave outlying systems to rot because they redirect funds and attention from governance toward making bigger guns, their upper echelons are full of schemers playing with trillions of lives by the day just to one-up each other in the pecking order, the whole reason they're constantly attacked by Chaos is because they tore open the warp in the name of unrestricted expansion and colonialism...and yes, the Kree are very similar, because outside of the Mar-Vell family line and some renegades, they're all bad guys.

The only times the Kree have ever seemed 'nice' is when they've had their asses kicked so hard and so visibly you can't help be a little sympathetic (e.g. Annihilation Conquest), which is also true of 40K fiction. The only good parts of the Imperium are the folks stuck on the front line, paying for the mistakes of their predecessors and the belligerence of their leadership. A few good men does not a good empire make.

I'll leave it at that since I'm not seeing the movie until tomorrow.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    For all the cat calls about why this film was NOT about Monica-I would REALLY want to see all these complainers put their MONEY where their mouth is and support a Monica book or a movie if it ever gets made.

Because I HIGHLY doubt they would.

Black Panther & Blade were risks but at least you had a history of black male lead action films that did decent in the theaters to weight in the risk vs rewards.

You don't have that with black female action films (not starring Pam Grier)-every time someone tries we get calls of her being too MANLY looking or acting.