Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Female Foes of Spider-Man?

Well, since today had been International Women's Day, a question that I've been trying to answer is: What female villains does Spider-Man have?

I'm not talking about every female he's fought, mind you. I'm talking those ladies who began by fighting Spider-Man or have become associated with being primarily an adversary of Spider-Man. I'd also leave out Felicia "Black Cat" Hardy from this because she's been both an adversary and an ally of Spider-Man from time to time.

Off the top of my head:

- White Rabbit.

- There was a modeling/perfume villain Roger Stern created, but her name escapes me.

- Spider Queen

- Janice Lincoln/Beetle

- Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus

- Stunner

- Screwball

- Paper Doll

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Off the top of my head:

- White Rabbit.

- There was a modeling/perfume villain Roger Stern created, but her name escapes me.

- Spider Queen

- Janice Lincoln/Beetle

- Stunner

- Screwball

- Paper Doll
    Belladonna is her name!

BANNED

not to mention Felicia his own cat woman.

I recall how original 'Venom' was going to be female (a woman that lost her husband and baby to be due to a accident involving a taxi driver being distracted seeing SPider-Man swinging over head) but the heads didn't want Peter to be battling against a woman. Always wished a "What If" was made showcasing the writers original ideas (Just a "What If" series from writers showcasing original ideas that was altered greatly allowing their original ideas to be shown vs what came to be) and how the writer would consider how everything would end or how she would be like present day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I recall how original 'Venom' was going to be female (a woman that lost her husband and baby to be due to a accident involving a taxi driver being distracted seeing SPider-Man swinging over head) but the heads didn't want Peter to be battling against a woman. Always wished a "What If" was made showcasing the writers original ideas (Just a "What If" series from writers showcasing original ideas that was altered greatly allowing their original ideas to be shown vs what came to be) and how the writer would consider how everything would end or how she would be like present day.
    If that story ever gets adapted, they could make it so that it was Eddie Brock and Ann Weying’s baby. That would be a nice callback.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Liz Allen qualifies as a foe of Spider-Man? Her treatment of Pete ( early), Mark Raxton aka Molten Man being her step-brother, and her relationship with Norman Osborn certainly do not make her a friend. She would make a nice Kingpin/Silvermane type enemy for Pete and even MJ ( like she was against Betty Brant if she found out Peter Parker is Spider-Man).

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    - There was a modeling/perfume villain Roger Stern created, but her name escapes me . . .
    Belladonna is her name!

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe No. 2 (February 1983)

Off the top of my head:

- White Rabbit.

- Spider Queen

- Janice Lincoln/Beetle

- Stunner

- Screwball

- Paper Doll
    Bombshell I, in the Ultimate Universe - I think she debuted about a decade ago? She ended up in 616 and is a Miles villain these days, Bombshell II, her daughter, being one of his allies.

Electro II, who got her powers during Clone Conspiracy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not sure if either of them are still alive but there was also Delilah (the Rose's powerful enforcer) and Scream (female symbiote best known for her appearance in the Universal Studios "Adventures of Spider-Man" ride in Orlando.) and Shriek (Probably best known as Carnage's crazy partner in "Maximum Carnage." )
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Dr. Olivia "Liv" Octopus in Into the Spider-Verse, best screen and best animated version of Doctor Octopus and the best version of the character since before Defalco's backstory nerfed the character.

Surprised they haven't done an all or majority female Sinister Six yet. There are female counterparts to most of the originals.

God Savior Warrior King Supreme High Leader Nick Spencer is finally going to give us that Peter + Janice content we crave.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Not sure if either of them are still alive but there was also Delilah (the Rose's powerful enforcer) . . .

from Spider-Man: Back in Black Handbook (2007)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Surprised they haven't done an all or majority female Sinister Six yet. There are female counterparts to most of the originals.
    True, even have Menace as a Goblin