Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I would support a Janice Lincoln book. I wish that she had, at least, a focus issue (like Gibbon and Black Cat).

I would die for Janice.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I would die for Janice.
    She'd be more than happy to let you do so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Sinister Six

Cecaelia (Doctor Carolyn Trainer)
    Beetle (Janice Lincoln) or Jubula Pride
    Quicksand
    Shockstar (Francine Frye)
    Stunner (Angelina Brancale)
    Devana (Ana Kravinoff) or an updated Mysteria
    I like that roster. Hell, make it a Sinister Sisterhood and you don't have to be limited to six!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

As per usual, I'm fond of some of the more obscure members of the rogues gallery:

M-m-m-m-my Corona! Ernest Hemingway said "the rich are different than you and I", and while he wasn't specifically talking about Dagny Forrester, who gained the ability to fly, fire energy beams, and rearrange the structure of matter in one of her own experiments, he definitely could have been talking about her utter disregard for the well-being the environment, or poor people. Created by Kurt Busiek and Sal Buscema, she first appeared in 1991's Spectacular Spider-Man #176.

She's not one of the Soldiers of the Future, and despite appearances she's also not a strange visitor from another planet, but Captain Power is an unusual opponent for the wall-crawler! Christina Carr was horribly mutated in the nuclear accident that birthed Doctor Octopus - but she also gained the power to transform into a superhuman (and seemingly male) form with a bevy of super powers! Created by Howard Mackie and John Byrne, Captain Power first appeared in 1999's Amazing Spider-Man #9.

Another product of Tom DeFalco's obsession with virtual reality, it's the sinister Synario! Underappreciated video game programmer Angela Bradford stole technology from her employer to become the virtual-reality-illusion-casting Synario, and made life miserable for both Spider-Man and Daredevil! Created by Tom DeFalco and Scott Kolins, she first appeared in 1998's Amazing Spider-Man #438.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    As per usual, I'm fond of some of the more obscure members of the rogues gallery:

M-m-m-m-my Corona! Ernest Hemingway said "the rich are different than you and I", and while he wasn't specifically talking about Dagny Forrester, who gained the ability to fly, fire energy beams, and rearrange the structure of matter in one of her own experiments, he definitely could have been talking about her utter disregard for the well-being the environment, or poor people. Created by Kurt Busiek and Sal Buscema, she first appeared in 1991's Spectacular Spider-Man #176.

She's not one of the Soldiers of the Future, and despite appearances she's also not a strange visitor from another planet, but Captain Power is an unusual opponent for the wall-crawler! Christina Carr was horribly mutated in the nuclear accident that birthed Doctor Octopus - but she also gained the power to transform into a superhuman (and seemingly male) form with a bevy of super powers! Created by Howard Mackie and John Byrne, Captain Power first appeared in 1999's Amazing Spider-Man #9.

Another product of Tom DeFalco's obsession with virtual reality, it's the sinister Synario! Underappreciated video game programmer Angela Bradford stole technology from her employer to become the virtual-reality-illusion-casting Synario, and made life miserable for both Spider-Man and Daredevil! Created by Tom DeFalco and Scott Kolins, she first appeared in 1998's Amazing Spider-Man #438.
    Considering how virtual reality is getting pretty close to mainstream in the late 2010s and the kerfuffle that has been stirred up by or in contemporary video game culture . . . I think Synario is due for a touchup. Hell, have her team up with Carolyn Trainer (Doctor/Lady Octopus), since Carolyn was all over VR back in the day.

. . . M-m-m-m-my Corona! Ernest Hemingway said "the rich are different than you and I", . . .
    It's always fun trying to figure out if Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, or somebody else is responsible for that line.

Aura
    Charlie (of Warzone)
    Ms. Fortune

That sounds almost identical to Stunner's backstory, right down to the similar-sounding real names (Angelina Brancale).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I've never understood why they haven't made Calypso a bigger deal in the Spider-Man comics. She has a cool shtick (voodoo), a great visual, and isn't a female version of an existing male villain. She's also one of the only female Spidey villains used in cartoons and video games. I mean, one could argue that she's very tied to Kraven, I guess, but she's probably the closest thing to a "classic solo" female villain that we have.
    This could be agreed with. Wasn't her first appearance just her trying to bring the worst out of Kraven? Didn't she try to also do that with the Lizard?

Belladonna has already been mentioned, but I do think there is quite interesting things to be done with a gas themed villain who is actually afraid of the hero (Spider-Man does have quite a creepy look)

Astonishing Member

Spidey’s first supervillain

So obscure I literally forgot she existed.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

And here I thought it was Princess Python .

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

Thanks for the refresher. Bit of a shame she hasn't turned up since. Maybe she and Clash could exchange stories sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And here I thought it was Princess Python .
    wasn't Bluebird/Sally Avril before Princess Python?

and, on a tangent, wasn't Princess murdered by her own son in the Young Avengers series? could have sworn that Executioner tried to get his mom out of the way to prove how "hard" he had become. the new Princess Python had a psychic link with a giant (like Syfy channel size) python and was working w/ the Masters of Evil.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 04-12-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wasn't Bluebird/Sally Avril before Princess Python?
    But Sally was never a genuine villain.