Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, people! How can you have forgotten that Spidey even had his own "team of female supervillains"? They were the Femme Fatales: Bloodlust, Knockout, Mindblast and Snake Whip (originally "Whiplash", but changed to avoid relationship with Iron Man's enemy).
    I remember their first appearance Marvel Comics Presents. The story focused on a teen mutant that was one of the most powerful mutants in the MU. Anyone know what happened to her and her father?

Astonishing Member

How did I forget about Titania?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How did I forget about Titania?
    Probably because despite her history with Spider-Man, she's usually treated as a She-Hulk foe (given her obsession with beating She-Hulk).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably because despite her history with Spider-Man, she's usually treated as a She-Hulk foe (given her obsession with beating She-Hulk).
    Titania, although often She-Hulk's nemesis, despite many of their battles ended one-sided in She-Hulk's favor, she has also had a couple terms on the Frightful Four, and alongside her husband, Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man, been a regular mainstay throughout incarnations of the Masters of Evil.

I'd say overall, she is more correlating generally as an Avengers foe.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-21-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Titania, although often She-Hulk's nemesis, despite many of their battles ended one-sided in She-Hulk's favor, she has also had a couple terms on the Frightful Four, and alongside her husband, Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man, been a regular mainstay throughout incarnations of the Masters of Evil.

I'd say overall, she is more correlating generally as an Avengers foe.
    it's up for debate. but it's very very personal between she and She-Hulk. Mary's guiding motivation is frustration over being defeated by She-Hulk. she has risked her marriage to get revenge on Jennifer. first thing she did when she gained cosmic power was seek out She-Hulk. and She-Hulk only has so many archenemies. Skeeter's at the top of the list.

Titania is definitely She-Hulk's archfoe.

Calypso gets this gorgeous variant for Amazing Spider-Man #20. I *really* wish Marvel would do something with the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Calypso gets this gorgeous variant for Amazing Spider-Man #20. I *really* wish Marvel would do something with the character.
    She's just either a female Kraven, or a Kraven the Hunter side-character.

And she's, for over a couple decades ago now, dead. Even though I know what "dead" means in the Marvel Universe, some characters (Gwendolyn Stacy, Benjamin Parker, Captain Mar-Vell) remains dead.

But, She's just either a female Kraven, or a Kraven the Hunter side-character. Even her follow-up appearances post-Kraven's first death was her not getting over him.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-23-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Beyond the animal print costumes, I'm not sure how you could consider her just a female Kraven when he's about hunting and she's about voodoo.

god I can't wait for beetle to pop off in asm
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

She could be Peter's next roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    She could be Peter's next roommate.
    very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Beyond the animal print costumes, I'm not sure how you could consider her just a female Kraven when he's about hunting and she's about voodoo.
    Okay then; but Her previous appearances in the eighties, was as a Kraven the Hunter groupie, "Torment" was out revenge on Kraven's death, 1997-1998 Spectacular Spider-Man, she's both done followed by revenge on Kraven's son, as well as all her other media appearances, cartoons and video games, attached with Kraven.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-23-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Okay then; but Her previous appearances in the eighties, was as a Kraven the Hunter groupie, "Torment" was out revenge on Kraven's death, 1997-1998 Spectacular Spider-Man, she's both done followed by revenge on Kraven's son, as well as all her other media appearances, cartoons and video games, attached with Kraven.
    Not sure I'm getting your point. Yes, she's most often associated with Kraven. And? That doesn't mean she's just a female Kraven; there are big thematic differences between the two characters. And she's been used more outside of comics than any of Spider-Man's other female villains, whether with Kraven or not. So for most purposes, Calypso is Spider-Man's highest profile female villain.

Unless you count Black Cat, which most people don't since she's 95% of the time a hero or antihero.

Incredible Member

Not sure I'm getting your point. Yes, she's most often associated with Kraven. And? That doesn't mean she's just a female Kraven; there are big thematic differences between the two characters. And she's been used more outside of comics than any of Spider-Man's other female villains, whether with Kraven or not. So for most purposes, Calypso is Spider-Man's highest profile female villain.

Unless you count Black Cat, which most people don't since she's 95% of the time a hero or antihero.
    In the end, does not matter; she is dead, and has been dead for over twenty years. DEAD, not as in Jackal "dead"; he's dead, but we all anticipate his coming back around the corner when we least expect it; but DEAD, as in ever since, probably will stick, as no writers since had / has plans for her.

To be honest, discounting outside media appearances, I would say White Rabbit is, although Marvel treats about 85% of her appearances as cameos and jokes. But otherwise, she's still alive, too loveable to kill, thus why she was spared from Itsy Bitsy's attack of her group, highly doubt Kraven Bots will get her too, high profile of appearances and cameos, still a criminal, and unconnected or unrelated to bigger name male supervillain or male-dominated superteam.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-24-2019 at 10:21 AM.