Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Hey, people! How can you have forgotten that Spidey even had his own "team of female supervillains"? They were the Femme Fatales: Bloodlust, Knockout, Mindblast and Snake Whip (originally "Whiplash", but changed to avoid relationship with Iron Man's enemy).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Is “The Queen” one? I can’t remember much about her other than she turned Peter into an actual spider for a time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, people! How can you have forgotten that Spidey even had his own "team of female supervillains"? They were the Femme Fatales: Bloodlust, Knockout, Mindblast and Snake Whip (originally "Whiplash", but changed to avoid relationship with Iron Man's enemy).
    They were used, for the most part, twice, and mostly by Erik Larsen, then Superia's femizons in Captain America, early nineties, then mostly almost forgotten, until one or two uses extremely recently, outside of Spider-titles.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-11-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Incredible Member

Seriously, only true Spider-Villainesses still alive (discounting Calypso) and still criminals (discounting Black Cat) whose actually of respectable usage I could come up with, would be only Princess Python, White Rabbit, and Beetle III. Screwball, a lightweight, and Electro II, has been over used a lot recently, but I doubt she'll be a permanent replacement for the classic, only a matter of time. Every one else, mostly consistently used only one-two years (Scorpia, Stunner, Doctor Octopus II, Shriek, Delilah, others) before becoming not as used as much afterwards if any, not utilized as well, or becoming background cameos.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Is “The Queen” one? I can’t remember much about her other than she turned Peter into an actual spider for a time.
    Queen, a two-timer, that story you mentioned was her first, which many found to be a terrible story, myself included. Then she was one of the chief villains of Spider-Island, with her ending that was her death.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Queen, a two-timer, that story you mentioned was her first, which many found to be a terrible story, myself included. Then she was one of the chief villains of Spider-Island, with her ending that was her death.
    Completely agree that it was an awful story.
    Did she ever come across Ezekiel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    but now she's stepping on the toes of the Serpent Society.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Silver Sable
    Uh, she's not really a "foe".

If we put down every female Spider-Man has ever fought (even once), you'd have to include people like Medusa and Black Widow (Natasha).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Completely agree that it was an awful story.
    Did she ever come across Ezekiel?
    Not that I'm aware of, but it would have been a good flashback to tie Ezekiel and the Queen together, given the myth arc the Queen's existence was building on or piggybacking off.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Think I'm the first to mention Shathra.

All-New Member

Spider-man, all of us know about him. He is the star of super hero of Marvel. I thought Wonderwoman was is biggest opponent. She is a strong woman and never let fall down.

I've never understood why they haven't made Calypso a bigger deal in the Spider-Man comics. She has a cool shtick (voodoo), a great visual, and isn't a female version of an existing male villain. She's also one of the only female Spidey villains used in cartoons and video games. I mean, one could argue that she's very tied to Kraven, I guess, but she's probably the closest thing to a "classic solo" female villain that we have.

I still remember fondly the Spider-Man "Where's Waldo?" book with her as one of the main villains.

Other favorite female Spidey villains: Stunner, Lady Octopus, White Rabbit (as a joke villain though), Scorpia, Princess Python (though she's far more of a team villain than a solo one), Scream, and Mindblast (the only Femmes Fatale worthwhile in my opinion). I'm also dying to see the female Beetle go up against She-Hulk in the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm also dying to see the female Beetle go up against She-Hulk in the courtroom.
    Honestly, I'd love to see a comic book series of Janice using every underhanded trick in the book defending various super villains in the courtroom. (Guest appearances by She-Hulk and Daredevil of course.) something akin to "Better Call Saul" for the MU.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Sinister Six

Cecaelia (Doctor Carolyn Trainer)
    Beetle (Janice Lincoln) or Jubula Pride
    Quicksand
    Shockstar (Francine Frye)
    Stunner (Angelina Brancale)
    Devana (Ana Kravinoff) or an updated Mysteria

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Honestly, I'd love to see a comic book series of Janice using every underhanded trick in the book defending various super villains in the courtroom. (Guest appearances by She-Hulk and Daredevil of course.) something akin to "Better Call Saul" for the MU.
    Likey this pitch!