Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. You rarely ever hear any criticisms about Kyle anymore, which means his characterization was never really the problem (same goes, IMO, for the ones ripped apart today... or will in the future).
    It was never about Kyle with them. They got what they wanted.
    Batman - Daredevil

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    It's really too bad the Kyle Rayner Attack Pack never took off after that.

As long as Hal was the alpha and omega-nobody cared about Kyle or Guy doing anything. John Stewart was another story-with most of his fans washing their hands of Dc and moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    As long as Hal was the alpha and omega-nobody cared about Kyle or Guy doing anything. John Stewart was another story-with most of his fans washing their hands of Dc and moving on.
    I know I washed my hands of GL when they brought back Hal. That and the stupid Rainbow Corps stuff just killed it for me.
    Batman - Daredevil

Cisco Ramon aka Vibe.

Gibbons and Tomasi did this for Guy Gardner for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    There are certain characters that for whatever reasons generate massive amounts of hate among fans, a Scrappy, named after the character from Scooby Doo. However in rare instance as time goes on the hate from the character dies down and fans eventually come to like them. As such the character is rescued from the Scrappy Heap.

My question here is can anyone remember characters that used to be despised by fans that are now well liked? Like why were they hated and made people come around to them.

I heard that Kyle Rayner used to have a pretty large and vocal hate legion. So how did he turn it around?
    As a Scooby Doo fan I wish Scrappy would get rescued from that heap, I liked him.

Jason Todd - I think the animated movie did wonders for his popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The original version of Vibe was criticised both for being a negative Latino stereotype and a fad-based character, with the break dancing. The New 52 version of the character seems to have been received decently enough. His series wasn't a big seller, but nobody seemed the dislike him. The Flash TV series version has been very well received, often said to be one of the best aspects of the show. I find it really weird that the comics haven't brought Vibe back, even though he's on television screens on a weekly basis.

There's kind of an asterisk with Jason Todd. The original iteration was a nice kid, and he was received well enough. Then after Crisis on Infinite Earths, they decided to keep a lot of Batman and Teen Titans continuity, but also throw out every Jason Todd story and introduce a new version of Jason Todd, who was a bit of a prick. That's the version fans didn't care for as much. Even then, it's said that the "will Robin die" phone poll was very close, and that they later found out it was one guy phoning in repeatedly who swayed the result.
    I don't think they ever actually found that out - rather that it's a very plausible urban legend that someone did that and got him killed. But the truth I think is still technically unknown.