Default What GTA clones in historical settings would you be interested in?

By historical i mean before 1900.

Steppe trading post as setting from 17th century. It could be like GUN but the guns are less reliable you need to do more archery.

18th century Ethiopia. Civil Wars and colonialists stirring stuff up in may directions.
    Last edited by Monyok Miclovan; 03-09-2019 at 03:36 AM.

iMan 42s

16-1700's pirates.

This has been a thing for awhile now so I know Fox has heard the suggestion in one form or another, but a Predator game about the Greyback in that time period would be gold. Using alien boats, and hovercraft on top of seizing boats for stealth missions? Yes. I would play the **** out of that.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Isn't this pretty much what Assassin's Creed is now?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not necessarily historical, but I am waiting for the game where we can have an entire accurate map of a country like the UK with an GTA level open world style of game. The Crew has kinda done this with a condensed United States but I was thinking more proper accuracy.

I would also love a time travel game set in a real or fictional city where you can travel to the same place over several eras, where changing history in the past affects the way the city is in the future, whether minor or major. Like Shadow Of Memories but far more in-depth.

Something set in 1920-1930s Harlem, basically a Mafia type of game centered around the Harlem Renaissance featuring nods to The Cotton Club, Dutch Schultz, Bumpy Johnson, Stephanie St. Clair, and Lucky Luciano.

Basically it would be the movie Hoodlum but as a video-game.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Not necessarily historical, but I am waiting for the game where we can have an entire accurate map of a country like the UK with an GTA level open world style of game. The Crew has kinda done this with a condensed United States but I was thinking more proper accuracy.

I would also love a time travel game set in a real or fictional city where you can travel to the same place over several eras, where changing history in the past affects the way the city is in the future, whether minor or major. Like Shadow Of Memories but far more in-depth.
    You never played the Getaway series?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You never played the Getaway series?
    Wasn't that just London? I meant like the entire UK with cities and countryside and the like.

Wasn't that just London? I meant like the entire UK with cities and countryside and the like.
    Those cobblestone roads are going to kill controller battery life.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    16-1700's pirates.

This has been a thing for awhile now so I know Fox has heard the suggestion in one form or another, but a Predator game about the Greyback in that time period would be gold. Using alien boats, and hovercraft on top of seizing boats for stealth missions? Yes. I would play the **** out of that.
    They got Skull and Bones coming. Ubisoft took all the stuff you liked about Black flag and made a Pirates game.

Not quite before 1900, but I'm kind of curious if we'll ever see a L.A Noire 2. (probably not a prequel like "red dead" since the character's backstory was fleshed out pretty well in the actual game itself).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not quite before 1900, but I'm kind of curious if we'll ever see a L.A Noire 2. (probably not a prequel like "red dead" since the character's backstory was fleshed out pretty well in the actual game itself).
    I think at one point there was supposed to be a spin off game from the same studio which was going to be set in 1930's Shanghai with the same mechanics, but I assume it was cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think at one point there was supposed to be a spin off game from the same studio which was going to be set in 1930's Shanghai with the same mechanics, but I assume it was cancelled?
    The original developer Team Bondi closed but Rockstar owns the rights to L.A. Noire and could develop their own sequel/prequel, if they want to, just like they did Max Payne 3 in-house.

At the time of the nasty shutdown, they were making a spin-off game for LA Noire called 'Whore of the Orient' which was set in 1936 Shanghai during the transition to Western power control. The game was to be filled with mob crime and political intrigue. It was improving the action to include more martial arts-style fights and more gun play. You were going to play as a member of the International Police Force that attempted to maintain peace and stop the Kuomintang from putting down labor movements in an effort to suppress communism.

The game was cancelled after Team Bondi shutdown. More footage has leaked online in recent years.

I don’t think they would expend the resources on a multi-platform remaster and VR edition if they weren’t considering doing an outright sequel. I think they were testing the waters recently. Rockstar loves their surprises, to it could happen.

I would love some more LA Noire.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What about a Assasins creed style game taking place 1800s in.... Wakanda? You have Tchallas Great x5 grandad as Black Panther. Think that could be fun.

Maybe something with feudal Japan... oh wait, there's already Yakuza Kenzan!