Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default MCU Captain Marvel vs DCEU Wonder Woman

MCU Carol vs DCEU Diana
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

Dude, while I don't want to be tossing out spoilers and I won't, this is not even remotely a contest. I love DCEU WW but on the best day of her life, she couldn't even begin to stand up to the blasting power of CM and couldn't do enough damage to do anything to CM considering the unbelievable levels of destruction CM shrugged off casually as in not even phasing her.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

Yeah for now we gotta give this one to Carol. Until Wonder Woman 1984 comes we really won't know how much Diana has improved since her solo film.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Yeah for now we gotta give this one to Carol. Until Wonder Woman 1984 comes we really won't know how much Diana has improved since her solo film.
    Except we do know how much Diana has improved (e.g., Dawn of Justice and Justice League.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Except we do know how much Diana has improved (e.g., Dawn of Justice and Justice League.)
    Not really she didn't display anything new that we haven't seen already. Plus I think those movies are being removed from canon or at least retcon with the new direction the DCEU is going beyond Zack Snyder. But we shall see come 2020. For now Carol is more powerful.

Not really she didn't display anything new that we haven't seen already. Plus I think those movies are being removed from canon or at least retcon with the new direction the DCEU is going beyond Zack Snyder. But we shall see come 2020. For now Carol is more powerful.
    Exactly. In the other two films she's been in, which are set in the future from her origin, she didnt display much new.

I haven't heard the canon thing anywhere.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Exactly. In the other two films she's been in, which are set in the future from her origin, she didnt display much new.

I haven't heard the canon thing anywhere.
    I don't think they will retcon them unless retcon simply means ignore and not talk about them.
    Power with Girl is better.

Wonder Woman is definitely faster, but yeah, all Danvers needs to do is take to the sky and Diana is toast.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I thought we were debating whether or not Diana has made any improvements (e.g., fighting skills, combat experience, and her standard Doomsday-cutting sword). But has Diana's strength/power/speed improved? No, I don't think so.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Diana's Doomsday dismembering sword and superior reflex speed may get her the victory in melee range, but Diana's travel speed doesn't seem anywhere near fast enough to close range on Carol before she just takes to the sky and fricasees the arena, and the limits of her durability are still a mystery as she didn't even kind of take damage from anything after going Binary.

As a complete tangent, given that the movie was set in the 90s, do you guys think we’re going to see Monica in Endgame, or is she just in Captain Marvel as a really obvious Easter egg for us nerds?

BANNED

in the comic book story thanos was stopped by captain marvel first and Adam next. wonder if endgame is going to impart a lion's role to any particular character in endgame in taking down thanos. if so I would put money on it being CM as we also have the spoilers:
    tesseract
    end of spoilers macguffin reinserted into the narrative which was a major factor in the comic storyline and CM was instrumental in thwarting thanos by shattering it. here it seems that the spoilers:
    cosmic cube
    end of spoilers will be used against thanos by CM.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-10-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    in the comic book story thanos was stopped by captain marvel first and Adam next. wonder if endgame is going to impart a lion's role to any particular character in endgame in taking down thanos. if so I would put money on it being CM as we also have the spoilers:
    tesseract
    end of spoilers macguffin reinserted into the narrative which was a major factor in the comic storyline and CM was instrumental in thwarting thanos by shattering it. here it seems that the spoilers:
    cosmic cube
    end of spoilers will be used against thanos by CM.
    Well, seeing as how spoilers:
    The Tesseract is the Space Stone in the MCU and how having power based on an Infinity Stone allows you to destroy at least that particular Stone and possibly Infinity Stones in general, then Captain Marvel's role may be too land the finishing blow on the Gauntlet itself.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    As a complete tangent, given that the movie was set in the 90s, do you guys think we’re going to see Monica in Endgame, or is she just in Captain Marvel as a really obvious Easter egg for us nerds?
    Oh, I think Monica is definitely being set up. Not sure if we'll see her in Endgame though, the movie is already super crowded. But I do think we'll definitely see her in CM sequel.

I have not seen CM.

If they keep Carol's ability to absorb energy the outcome is obvious. Painfully so. She will absorb the power of the stones and reverse the snap, but just as the snap destroyed the IG itself, reversing it will either kill Danvers or put her in a coma, either way she becomes Marvel Jesus.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard