Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    1. 100 inches in 3 seconds is really slow.
    2. Assuming you mean feet... that means she travels 100 metres in around 10 seconds. So she’s slower than Usain Bolt or most real-world, world-class sprinters.
    Haw haw. Meant 100" feet. Usual rumbles starting distance.

Edit: And wow, if that's how fast Usain Bolt is, he's really incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Haw haw. Meant 100" feet. Usual rumbles starting distance.
    100 feet = 100’
    100 inches = 100”

But anyway, we’re still saying Diana is slower than Bolt or Gatlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    100 feet = 100’
    100 inches = 100”

But anyway, we’re still saying Diana is slower than Bolt or Gatlin.
    Reflex speed =/= travel speed. She's obviously fast enough reflex-wise to catch bullets with her bracers, but on-screen feats are on-screen feats. We might as well say that, since Thanos can catch Surfer mid-blitz, he can beat him in a footrace, or Karate Kid can beat Superboy in a 100-meter race, since his limbs move faster via space karate.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-11-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Diana is clearly far faster than Bolt.
    https://youtu.be/289FYqf3syI

Turns out I made this a while back
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Diana is clearly far faster than Bolt.
    https://youtu.be/289FYqf3syI

Turns out I made this a while back
    None of which, due to gratuitous slow-mo, have her crossing 100 feet in under a second. The best movement speed feat she has is still flash-stepping Aries, which is not enough.

None of which, due to gratuitous slow-mo, have her crossing 100 feet in under a second. The best movement speed feat she has is still flash-stepping Aries, which is not enough.
    I may have gone heavy on the slow mo lol. But, before we continue, do you geniunely believe Bolt is faster than Diana?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I may have gone heavy on the slow mo lol. But, before we continue, do you geniunely believe Bolt is faster than Diana?
    I have no thoughts or opinion on the matter, only that it takes Diana, on screen, 3 seconds to cross 100 feet.

See, this is a good feat which shows actual travel speed in a combat situation (and coincidentally, also at around 100"). Only, it takes her several seconds to flash step from where she was to Aries (see 1:00 below - it takes her three seconds, in fact).

If that's the best travel speed feat Diana has, its not fast enough to prevent Carol from going airborne.
    To be fair, she didn't go straight at Ares when she did that.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

I have no thoughts or opinion on the matter, only that it takes Diana, on screen, 3 seconds to cross 100 feet.
    Actually, I've got this neat little program that can record video and has a bunch of editing tools. One of those tools is frame by frame counting complete with a time indicator that shows tenths of a second, unlike YouTube's time indicator.

Turns out she is only gone for 1.7 seconds. I counted from the moment she begins moving to the moment she shows back in screen. Considering the length of her sword, it's more than fair as she could stab Ares at the range she's shown arriving back in screen.

So it's almost half the time you suggested. That and again, she leapt way off screen sideways and approached at such a strange angle, I'm more than happy saying she gets it done.

I haven't done frame by frame stuff with the other movement feats she has. Should I bother? Or is it only me obsessing over this? :P
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Ok, let's say Diana can't cross 100' in less than a second and Carol takes off into the air.

Now what? How likely is it that Carol can hit Diana, who has much better reaction speed? I argue that Diana can easily dodge blasts that are coming from a bright glowing source that always shoots straight, even if she is flying fast. Yes, Carol has an AOE attack, but she has to get close for that, and if she does, Diana's hitting her with an even stronger AOE attack.

So which is likelier? Carol petering out trying to hit Diana or Diana's tiring from dodging? My money's on Diana lasting longer due to her insane strength, stamina, and durability. Carol had a strong debut, but she hasn't shown yet that she is capable of throwing down with the likes of Thor, which is the power it's going to take to defeat Diana.

Just got back from seeing it, Carol's photon beams aren't just point and shoot, she could sweep them in arcs as well, literally just has to move her arms while continuously firing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Just got back from seeing it, Carol's photon beams aren't just point and shoot, she could sweep them in arcs as well, literally just has to move her arms while continuously firing
    Which will burn Carol out even quicker trying to hit the woman with amazing combat reflexes and insane dodge speed. Diana's going to be doing the Morpheus "Stop trying to hit me and hit me" to Carol all day long. Diana has three movies of her dodging low, sidestepping, or just moving her head slightly to dodge bullets, mortar shells, heat beams, lightning, axes, and very large chunks of machinery and rock. Dodging, deflecting, and blocking energy beams from afar, even in arcs, are going to be a light workout for Diana.

And if Carol comes closer, Diana's hitting Carol with her AOE attack, which is significantly more powerful than Carol's AOE attack.

As of right now, Carol hasn't demonstrated she has the power or skill to defeat Diana's superior combat reflexes, combat speed, skill, and power. That might change with Endgame. We will have to see, but for now, Carol just can't win.

WW shield and bracers can tank and rechannel energies from doomsday. That enough gives her such an edge against someone who is primarily energy driven in attacks that alone is an overwhelming factor. The skill with sword just tops it.

Wonder Woman is so weird imo, She has couple of speed feats but She also these extended fights against Steppenwolf,Ares and Doomsday were she had to block attacks from them and each of them cleanly hit Wonder Woman in their fight once. Honest based on what we have seen Wonder Woman has shown she can only operate at true super speed in short bursts. But We haven't see either hurt really so I don't know what to make of it. I have no problem with people saying Wonder Woman has an edge but thing will probably turn around over the next couple of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wonder Woman is so weird imo, She has couple of speed feats but She also these extended fights against Steppenwolf,Ares and Doomsday were she had to block attacks from them and each of them cleanly hit Wonder Woman in their fight once. Honest based on what we have seen Wonder Woman has shown she can only operate at true super speed in short bursts. But We haven't see either hurt really so I don't know what to make of it. I have no problem with people saying Wonder Woman has an edge but thing will probably turn around over the next couple of movies.
    I will give it to the woman who is still standing after she headbutts superman and then gets headbutted back and is still standing.