Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the argument that "we can see a projectile moving" is overblown, the only reason you can't see a bullet is because it's small and dark in color, add a little Magnesium to it and viola, now the round is glowing and you can easily see it in flight. The real question is perspective allowing you to know the distance the thing's moving over, which is tricky in space.

All said Carol goes from the ground to orbit in the space of less than a minute if memory serves, this get's done in fiction enough that people don't regularly appreciate how impossibly fast that is, the Soyuz rocket, which is the current preferred method of going to and from space, has a max speed of 26246.719 feet per second, and it still takes it about 8 and a half minutes for it to reach orbit. So I'll go ahead and put this out there, if Carol decides not to fly up, and instead fly AT Diana she'll be moving dramatically faster than anything Diana has feats of reacting to. RIDICULOUSLY beyond them in fact as the fastest bullet in the world right now has a speed of 4,665 ft/s(this is about 1500ft per second faster than your average assault rifle round btw), which is less than a fifth of the Soyuz's speed, which Carol is several times faster than.
    The problem with that is that Carol doesn't react as quickly as WW. Once she does react, yeah her flight speed is tremendous but by that time WW would have already started her attack.

I am sorry,but the feats shown here do not really show me anything more than what Thor has already done. I do not see superiority in her abilities that classify her as strongest all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    The problem with that is that Carol doesn't react as quickly as WW. Once she does react, yeah her flight speed is tremendous but by that time WW would have already started her attack.
    and the problem with that is that while yes her reaction time is greater by feats, her movement speed isn't fast enough to cover the starting distance and get into a melee where it would matter, so long as she's still visible when Carol's thought process catches up she can then start moving at speeds Diana in turn can't react to. And well if it turns into a contest of who can survive being smacked into a wall harder Carol slammed into a blockbuster after freefall from orbit and simply brushed herself off and walked away without any bleeding or bruising while her powers were actively being dampened.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    I am sorry,but the feats shown here do not really show me anything more than what Thor has already done. I do not see superiority in her abilities that classify her as strongest all around.
    Refresh my memory of when Thor caught an aircraft carrier sized missile fired from space moving several miles per second and threw it backwards with it's propulsion still full throttle
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-14-2019 at 03:47 PM.

and the problem with that is that while yes her reaction time is greater by feats, her movement speed isn't fast enough to cover the starting distance and get into a melee where it would matter, so long as she's still visible when Carol's thought process catches up she can then start moving at speeds Diana in turn can't react to. And well if it turns into a contest of who can survive being smacked into a wall harder Carol slammed into a blockbuster after freefall from orbit and simply brushed herself off and walked away without any bleeding or bruising while her powers were actively being dampened.

Refresh my memory of when Thor caught an aircraft carrier sized missile fired from space moving several miles per second and threw it backwards with it's propulsion still full throttle
    What's to stop WW from, you know just move out of the way? By the time Carol redirects her trajectory WW will be somewhere else. This is not even discussing her energy absorbing bracers, her own AOE and shield that can talk Doomsday's quickening attack.

Now, having said that, I'm not arguing that Diana wins. I haven't seen Captain Marvel but from what I have seen here I think Carol has the edge. Either way I don't see it has a stomp.

What's to stop WW from, you know just move out of the way? By the time Carol redirects her trajectory WW will be somewhere else. This is not even discussing her energy absorbing bracers, her own AOE and shield that can talk Doomsday's quickening attack.

Now, having said that, I'm not arguing that Diana wins. I haven't seen Captain Marvel but from what I have seen here I think Carol has the edge. Either way I don't see it has a stomp.
    Just to make it even more complicated, Carol in flight is dodging laser fire which means that while she may not be able to move her arms and legs in combat at superhuman speed, she is clearly reacting mentally in flight at superhuman speeds when it comes to willing her whole body to move out of the way in flight. Which means she could probably track WW's attempts to sidestep her and still ram her. Now, if this were a boxing match, Marvel could not move her arms even close to fast enough to deal with how fast Diana can move her whole body in combat. But this is different.

On the other hand, Diana has her Area Effect defense.

To quote Luke Cage: "It's complicated."
    Power with Girl is better.

Well if Carol is moving at high hypersonic speeds, the thing that prevents Diana from just moving out of the way is a lack of feats showing her able to react to things moving multiple times faster than bullets, at least nothing I can think of off the top of my head

Mighty Member

With her shield, Wonder Woman was blocking Doomday's beams, which were more powerful than Superman's heat vision. With her bracers, she effortlessly blocked Ares lightning.

In fighting, Wonder Woman's best strength feat was blocking Doomday's arm with her sword, and then cutting off his hand.

In reaction speed, Wonder Woman has blocked machine gun fire from multiple sources and casually swatted a mortar shell aside. Also, she's seen bullets and moved her head slightly so that it would miss twice. She dodged a very large chunk of earth being slammed down on her by Ares and used her speed to save Aquaman from a debris raining down on him during their fight with Steppenwolf. But her best reaction speed was blocking the bullets fired from a terrorist at a crowd of innocents. She blocked near every bullet, except the last one, because she was moving the man to the side so it would miss.

For durability, Wonder Woman took a head butt from Superman, which only made her angry and she headbutted Superman back. She did it with such force that it actually made Superman angry and he hit her with an even bigger headbutt. That put her down for a while, but it didn't knock her out and she had no visible damage when she got back up. When fighting Doomsday, she was punched by Doomsday which sent her flying for quite some distance. Her reaction? She smiled and got really serious (which is when she dodged Doomday's lunge, caught his punch with her sword, and cut off his hand).

For power, Wonder Woman flat out killed Ares and sent Steppenwolf flying. Keep in mind, Steppenwolf was taking punches from Superman and still putting up one hell of a fight.

So, when I hear that Carol's catching an intergalactic missile a little bit bulkier than an ICBM (seriously, it's not even close to the size of a building or aircraft carrier) and punching through a Kree battleship that we know from GotG that standard Ravager ships can blast holes into makes Carol much stronger and more powerful than Diana, I have to think that some people are buying Marvel's hype and not seeing what's actually there.

Carol made a good debut. I don't doubt that. She's doing standard superhero stuff and put the Kree in their place. Great stuff. But Diana's been fighting massively powerful aliens and actual gods in every one of her movies. Does anybody really think Ares and Doomsday aren't casually swatting the Kree away like freaking gnats?

I'm sorry guys, until Avengers Endgame shows her actually holding her own against someone really powerful, there's nothing you can say to convince me that Carol can even hurt Diana, much less hit her.

How does Carol's missile catch and redirect feat compare to DCEU's Superman's highest strength feats? I.e. can someone calculate the force necessary to catch and redirect a building-sized object (which we assume weighs heavier than the largest ICBM at 200 tons) falling at the *very least* the speed of a modern ICBM (as it had independent propulsion) and throw it upwards?

I think Superman's highest strength feat is slowly towing an icebreaker, on average around 11,000 tons, right?

Edit: And calculated using https://www.smartconversion.com/unit...alculator.aspx

Granting weight of 200 tons (large modern ICBM, which is lowballing as this thing is larger than that) and a speed of a regular ICBM of 6.5 km/s, then the force she projects is in the range of 146,125 tons of force.
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-14-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    How does Carol's missile catch and redirect feat compare to DCEU's Superman's highest strength feats? I.e. can someone calculate the force necessary to catch and redirect a building-sized object (which we assume weighs heavier than the largest ICBM at 200 tons) falling at (at the *very least* the speed of a modern ICBM as it had independent propulsion) and throw it upwards?

I think Superman's highest strength feat is slowly towing an icebreaker, on average around 11,000 tons, right?

Edit: And calculated using https://www.smartconversion.com/unit...alculator.aspx

Granting weight of 200 tons (large modern ICBM, which this thing is larger than) and a speed of a regular ICBM of 6.5 km/s, then the force she projects is 146,125.813014812 tons of force.
    Dude was also casually flying with an apartment building over his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    With her shield, Wonder Woman was blocking Doomday's beams, which were more powerful than Superman's heat vision. With her bracers, she effortlessly blocked Ares lightning.

In fighting, Wonder Woman's best strength feat was blocking Doomday's arm with her sword, and then cutting off his hand.

In reaction speed, Wonder Woman has blocked machine gun fire from multiple sources and casually swatted a mortar shell aside. Also, she's seen bullets and moved her head slightly so that it would miss twice. She dodged a very large chunk of earth being slammed down on her by Ares and used her speed to save Aquaman from a debris raining down on him during their fight with Steppenwolf. But her best reaction speed was blocking the bullets fired from a terrorist at a crowd of innocents. She blocked near every bullet, except the last one, because she was moving the man to the side so it would miss.

For durability, Wonder Woman took a head butt from Superman, which only made her angry and she headbutted Superman back. She did it with such force that it actually made Superman angry and he hit her with an even bigger headbutt. That put her down for a while, but it didn't knock her out and she had no visible damage when she got back up. When fighting Doomsday, she was punched by Doomsday which sent her flying for quite some distance. Her reaction? She smiled and got really serious (which is when she dodged Doomday's lunge, caught his punch with her sword, and cut off his hand).

For power, Wonder Woman flat out killed Ares and sent Steppenwolf flying. Keep in mind, Steppenwolf was taking punches from Superman and still putting up one hell of a fight.

So, when I hear that Carol's catching an intergalactic missile a little bit bulkier than an ICBM (seriously, it's not even close to the size of a building or aircraft carrier) and punching through a Kree battleship that we know from GotG that standard Ravager ships can blast holes into makes Carol much stronger and more powerful than Diana, I have to think that some people are buying Marvel's hype and not seeing what's actually there.

Carol made a good debut. I don't doubt that. She's doing standard superhero stuff and put the Kree in their place. Great stuff. But Diana's been fighting massively powerful aliens and actual gods in every one of her movies. Does anybody really think Ares and Doomsday aren't casually swatting the Kree away like freaking gnats?

I'm sorry guys, until Avengers Endgame shows her actually holding her own against someone really powerful, there's nothing you can say to convince me that Carol can even hurt Diana, much less hit her.
    Ok. Things.

Superman's "serious headbutt" might not have truly KO'd her, but it certainly incapacitated her to the point where she couldn't rise up and fight back for several long minutes.

Her cutting Doomsdays arm off is not a strength feat so much as a sword feat. Sure, you or I couldn't swing hard enough to replicate it, but it was certainly more blade than muscle that did the trick.

Her blocking DD's punch is a bit of an outlier honestly. He wrestled out of her lasso pretty easily despite kryptonite exposure for example. Superman dragged her around in lasso tug o war. She was incapable of breaking Clark's grip as well despite Aquaman and Cyborg also struggling. She's flat out weaker than Kryptonian level threats. Even the punch she took from DD was blocked with her shield iirc and not her straight durability. My guess is Doomsday felt the damage from her blade and instinctively withheld force or something. Either way it's an outlier.

Her blowing up Ares is not an indication of her own power. She clearly was redirecting his own energies back at him. You could argue she can do this to Carol I suppose.

HOWEVER! Carol's stuff is a bit overblown as well.

The missile she catches is clearly NOT the size of an aircraft carrier. It's still much larger than a modern missile though.

Also, we need to drop the "Carol can dodge lasers!!" argument like it's hot. It's not light speed weaponry. Also she is just darting in between gunfire. By those standards, Star Lord and Han Solo etc etc are all laser dodgers with bullet timing + reflexes because they do the EXACT same sort of maneuvers Carol was doing, but in giant bulky space fighters.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Umm the same time he was dominating the hulk both with and without his hammer. I would consider Hulk in a much higher league than a missle,regardless of its size

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Dude was also casually flying with an apartment building over his shoulder.
    I've seen the apartment feat rated at around 30,000 tons. The ship towing at 20,000 or so.

There's also a newspaper cliping in BvS that says Clark shifted a tectonic plate to stop an earthquake. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    Umm the same time he was dominating the hulk both with and without his hammer. I would consider Hulk in a much higher league than a missle,regardless of its size
    Yeah, no. At this point, Hulk has been getting nerfed for years as his biggest strength feat was way back in Avengers, which is less than this feat no matter how you slice it. Currently, Hulk is much weaker than Thor, Thanos and Danvers, based on feats, and would need a serious feat in Endgame to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I've seen the apartment feat rated at around 30,000 tons. The ship towing at 20,000 or so.

There's also a newspaper cliping in BvS that says Clark shifted a tectonic plate to stop an earthquake. :P
    The apartment and ship would be legit, but I'm calling serious shenanigans on the tectonic plate, especially as we diddn't see it happen. Still, if we're using calcs Carol's missile feats eclipse those by a huge margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Yeah, no. At this point, Hulk has been getting nerfed for years as his biggest strength feat was way back in Avengers, which is less than this feat no matter how you slice it. Currently, Hulk is much weaker than Thor, Thanos and Danvers, based on feats, and would need a serious feat in Endgame to catch up.
    I would argue he still has a pure strength edge on Thor. A small one at least. Way less powerful overall of course.
    - big_adventure