Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 131
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    The apartment and ship would be legit, but I'm calling serious shenanigans on the tectonic plate, especially as we diddn't see it happen. Still, if we're using calcs Carol's missile feats eclipse those by a huge margin.
    The smiley face is me acknowledging its not Rumbles worthy yeah.

    Yeah, Carol's feat is pretty bonkers. No disagreements here!
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  2. #77
    Fantastic Member Tomzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    There's also a newspaper cliping in BvS that says Clark shifted a tectonic plate to stop an earthquake. :P
    Haha. I was waiting for someone to bring this up.


    As much as I'm enjoying this debate, I can't help but think it'll be redundant a month from now. I know it's all in good fun and I'll continue reading (good arguments are being made on both sides); however, I'd consider revisiting this discussion after Endgame drops. Just my two cents. By all means, carry on.
    GODZILLA vs. CATHRA THE GIANT CAT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBo8a6oI9MY
    A family of Godzillas pisses off the most powerful creature in the universe.

  3. #78
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ok. Things.

    Superman's "serious headbutt" might not have truly KO'd her, but it certainly incapacitated her to the point where she couldn't rise up and fight back for several long minutes.

    Her cutting Doomsdays arm off is not a strength feat so much as a sword feat. Sure, you or I couldn't swing hard enough to replicate it, but it was certainly more blade than muscle that did the trick.

    Her blocking DD's punch is a bit of an outlier honestly. He wrestled out of her lasso pretty easily despite kryptonite exposure for example. Superman dragged her around in lasso tug o war. She was incapable of breaking Clark's grip as well despite Aquaman and Cyborg also struggling. She's flat out weaker than Kryptonian level threats. Even the punch she took from DD was blocked with her shield iirc and not her straight durability. My guess is Doomsday felt the damage from her blade and instinctively withheld force or something. Either way it's an outlier.

    Her blowing up Ares is not an indication of her own power. She clearly was redirecting his own energies back at him. You could argue she can do this to Carol I suppose.

    HOWEVER! Carol's stuff is a bit overblown as well.

    The missile she catches is clearly NOT the size of an aircraft carrier. It's still much larger than a modern missile though.

    Also, we need to drop the "Carol can dodge lasers!!" argument like it's hot. It's not light speed weaponry. Also she is just darting in between gunfire. By those standards, Star Lord and Han Solo etc etc are all laser dodgers with bullet timing + reflexes because they do the EXACT same sort of maneuvers Carol was doing, but in giant bulky space fighters.
    I'm not arguing that what Marvel did there was equivalent to some sort of light speed reflexes. I'm arguing that it's akin to bullet timing *when she is in flight and using the flight as a means of propulsion*.

    Okay, you can say Han Solo does it too and he's clearly not a bullet timer or even an aim dodger. But then you get into this tricky area of people who shouldn't be able to do something still do it so everyone's feats of doing it are disqualified.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ok. Things.

    Superman's "serious headbutt" might not have truly KO'd her, but it certainly incapacitated her to the point where she couldn't rise up and fight back for several long minutes.

    Her cutting Doomsdays arm off is not a strength feat so much as a sword feat. Sure, you or I couldn't swing hard enough to replicate it, but it was certainly more blade than muscle that did the trick.

    Her blocking DD's punch is a bit of an outlier honestly. He wrestled out of her lasso pretty easily despite kryptonite exposure for example. Superman dragged her around in lasso tug o war. She was incapable of breaking Clark's grip as well despite Aquaman and Cyborg also struggling. She's flat out weaker than Kryptonian level threats. Even the punch she took from DD was blocked with her shield iirc and not her straight durability. My guess is Doomsday felt the damage from her blade and instinctively withheld force or something. Either way it's an outlier.

    Her blowing up Ares is not an indication of her own power. She clearly was redirecting his own energies back at him. You could argue she can do this to Carol I suppose.

    HOWEVER! Carol's stuff is a bit overblown as well.

    The missile she catches is clearly NOT the size of an aircraft carrier. It's still much larger than a modern missile though.

    Also, we need to drop the "Carol can dodge lasers!!" argument like it's hot. It's not light speed weaponry. Also she is just darting in between gunfire. By those standards, Star Lord and Han Solo etc etc are all laser dodgers with bullet timing + reflexes because they do the EXACT same sort of maneuvers Carol was doing, but in giant bulky space fighters.
    All of this, yes.

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Haha. I was waiting for someone to bring this up.


    As much as I'm enjoying this debate, I can't help but think it'll be redundant a month from now. I know it's all in good fun and I'll continue reading (good arguments are being made on both sides); however, I'd consider revisiting this discussion after Endgame drops. Just my two cents. By all means, carry on.
    Cursed budget! Off screen malarkey!! :P

    Yeeeaaah probably a whole lot is going to change after Endgame. Still fun! ^_^
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  6. #81
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Haha. I was waiting for someone to bring this up.


    As much as I'm enjoying this debate, I can't help but think it'll be redundant a month from now. I know it's all in good fun and I'll continue reading (good arguments are being made on both sides); however, I'd consider revisiting this discussion after Endgame drops. Just my two cents. By all means, carry on.
    Yeah, I also think that most of our arguments may be invalidated six weeks from now when Endgame debuts.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  7. #82

    Default

    Actually, Twickster, what is your source for 200 ton ICBM weight estimates? Largest real world I can find is just shy of 10 tons.

    Edit: So I tripled that for 30 tons (it's bigger than an ICBM so sure) and put it at 7 km/s instead of 6.5. Seems like it's suddenly on par with the ship/apartment feats. Happy to be proven wrong though! 200 ton ICBM's might be real, just my quick Google stuff couldn't find anything like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-14-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  8. #83
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Actually, Twickster, what is your source for 200 ton ICBM weight estimates? Largest real world I can find is just shy of 10 tons.

    Edit: So I tripled that for 30 tons (it's bigger than an ICBM so sure) and put it at 7 km/s instead of 6.5. Seems like it's suddenly on par with the ship/apartment feats. Happy to be proven wrong though! 200 ton ICBM's might be real, just my quick Google stuff couldn't find anything like that.
    Getting from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-25C_Titan_II

    Weight is listed as 340,000 lb or 170 tons (I put in 200 tons amounting for some inflation for mass of a larger object). You might be conflating with one of the stages or the active warhead, which would be much lighter. Still, the size of the missile caught compares to the "full" rocket, including all stages.

    NOTE: I have yet to verify if this is the largest ICBM ever, but fur purposes its certainly large enough to compare.

    Further edit: A list of ICBMs and their size can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ICBMs

    Based on this, the largest ICBMs ever, the R-7 Semyorka, weighed in excess of 300 tons (280,000 kg). A photo comparison of the largest ICBM compared to human size:

    Last edited by Twickster; 03-14-2019 at 10:21 PM.

  9. #84
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,011

    Default

    Just got out of the movie theater. Y'all are overselling the missile feat. It's good, but it certainly doesn't put her well beyond anyone else.

    The ship she blew up was similarly, the same kinda ship Rocket Raccoon fucked up, in GotG.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #85
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Just got out of the movie theater. Y'all are overselling the missile feat. It's good, but it certainly doesn't put her well beyond anyone else.

    The ship she blew up was similarly, the same kinda ship Rocket Raccoon fucked up, in GotG.
    Okay, what feats from everyone else can you identify that would be higher than it?

  11. #86

    Default

    That pic seems about right for size. So 300 tons.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  12. #87
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Okay, what feats from everyone else can you identify that would be higher than it?


    Holding that open. Not the "tanking the star", but opening it, and holding it open.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #88
    Spectacular Member HATEISFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Yonkers,NY
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Yeah, no. At this point, Hulk has been getting nerfed for years as his biggest strength feat was way back in Avengers, which is less than this feat no matter how you slice it. Currently, Hulk is much weaker than Thor, Thanos and Danvers, based on feats, and would need a serious feat in Endgame to catch up.
    Wait a second,her throwing a missle back is superior than Thor manhandling Hulk? Even in the first Avengers film he was K'oing space whales with one punch. Don't see how a missle became superior to Hulk?

  14. #89
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    Wait a second,her throwing a missle back is superior than Thor manhandling Hulk? Even in the first Avengers film he was K'oing space whales with one punch. Don't see how a missle became superior to Hulk?
    Was that in "Thor: Ragnarok?" I know Thor took out the Hulk with his new lightning powers. I don't remember. Did he physically manhandle the Hulk? Since, right now, we're seemingly talking about physical strength.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  15. #90
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post


    Holding that open. Not the "tanking the star", but opening it, and holding it open.
    Believe me, nothing would please me more than considering that as legit, but there is neither an actual weight or point of reference for that feat, hence there is no way to know how much force Thor exerted. I would say the "restarting the rings of Nidavellir" greater, but then I believe that was ruled as SMvsFL together with the star feat for the time being. As it is, both DCEU Superman's and especially Carol's are way higher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •