Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It should also be noted that Superman's best strength feat is probably not the apartment or the ship, but instead his casual dismissal of Arthur, Diana and Cyborg actively trying to restrain and subdue him simultaneously.

Especially Arthur. He wrestles Arthur to a complete standstill while casually holding Diana. Neither are able to break his grip or particularly budge him. This is important because Arthur is just stupid strong.

Normally, I'm not huge on calculations, but since we've decided to throw them around for Carol's sake, I have no problem giving the others the same treatment.

Arthur's submarine feat is ridiculous. Factoring in the mass of the sub, the drag (friction) and weight of displaced water and the relative speeds he accomplishes the feat, the calculations show he lifts about 500k tons.
    Yeah, but all of that is in the water though. Aquaman, of all people, would have widely variable effectiveness whether or not in his element.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Yeah, but all of that is in the water though. Aquaman, of all people, would have widely variable effectiveness whether or not in his element.
    I don't believe it has once stated he is any more or less powerful in or out of water Namor style.

Comic book Arthur has an identical feat and it's been touted as a fine example of strength for dry land Arena fights just fine for years on this forum.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I don't believe it has once stated he is any more or less powerful in or out of water Namor style.

Comic book Arthur has an identical feat and it's been touted as a fine example of strength for dry land Arena fights just fine for years on this forum.
    Isn't it kind of a whole plot point that Atlanteans are weaker on dry land? Arthur takes Ocean Master to the surface because he's learnt to survive and fight there while Orm hasn't. Other Atlanteans had to have full water suits just to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Isn't it kind of a whole plot point that Atlanteans are weaker on dry land? Arthur takes Ocean Master to the surface because he's learnt to survive and fight there while Orm hasn't. Other Atlanteans had to have full water suits just to go there.
    Arthur has the whole half breed thing going for him.

Edit: I would have to watch it again to be sure of your point.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Aquaman wasn't used to fighting underwater as much as Ocean Master; like living most of his life above water. OM on the other hand rarely came and fought on land.

Ok! I've watched the film again.

1: The Atlanteans actually started off as surface dwellers. They were given the "gift" of water breathing when King Atlan accidently created the fall of Atlantis. Certain groups of Atlanteans were devolved into various sub species.

2: They go out of there way to quite specifically say that if you are a "high born" Atlantean (Mera, Arthur, Orm etc) then you suffer no ill affects on land or sea. Only the sub species have trouble and It's strictly a breathing thing, not a stat reduction.

3: As Slade1 pointed out, taking Orm to land was all about experience of terrain and nothing to do with where one gets there powers from. Dude had just spent precious little time above water and was uncomfortable with his footing in a sense. Same as why Orm bear Arthur under water. Just experience.

So, the Submarine feat is fine. And Superman treated the guy capable of it as a minor nuisance despite 2 other people struggling against him as well.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-18-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    - big_adventure

Hmm I will wait a day or so about talking about it BUT yeah we have stuff to talk about .. Rise thread from the ashes
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-25-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hmm I will wait a day or so about talking about it BUT yeah we have stuff to talk about .. Rise thread from the ashes
    The reaction to that headbutt...

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    The reaction to that headbutt...
    it was pretty awesome man im going to have to watch it again in the weekend, so much epicness you tend to miss alot.

Avengers Endgame probably makes the outcome of this battle much clearer.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Carol annihilates