Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Lucas Werneck redesigned X-Men. Some unusual color choices in there, Yellow for Colossus and Iceman and Angel hmmm....
    http://x-menfilms.com/blog/2020/02/2...ncept-artwork/

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Why did he give Gambit that hairstyle? Shaved sides and a man-bun? Ugh.

That being said, I really like the redesigns of Magik and Jubilee, and Cyclops' facial hair.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Why did he give Gambit that hairstyle? Shaved sides and a man-bun? Ugh.
    "Ugh" would seem to very on brand for Remy. He's uber-douche bro-y.

Bringing over from the Jean Grey Mini-dress discussion...er Appreciation Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I had added this to another thread but figured I'd put it here too.

I think something like Lorna's X-Men Blue costume would have worked well for Jean, it at least would have been better than the mini dress

\\
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In the category of designs for other characters that would work for Jean, a lot of Lornas costumes (especially in her X-Factor days) DO look like something better designed for Jean.
    Currently the alternate design for Abigail Brand in SWORD by Valerio Schiti - who seems to have never done a Jean Grey redesign oddly enough - hits the right spots as for a redesign of the ""Marvel Dress".
    Attachment 101969

I was reminded of the Kia Asimaya (and Chuck Austen) period of X-design over in the Northstar thread...
    They were the second round of designs attempting to be counterparts to the Frank Quitely/Morrison New X-Men book X-esthetic.

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-05-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Those Lucas Werneck designs are gorgeous. I'd love to see the MCU X-Men look like that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I remember loathing those Asimaya designs, vehemently. And they still look like rubbish.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I remember loathing those Asimaya designs, vehemently. And they still look like rubbish.
    Same here! Like everything else from that run!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Lucas Werneck redesigned X-Men. Some unusual color choices in there, Yellow for Colossus and Iceman and Angel hmmm....
    http://x-menfilms.com/blog/2020/02/2...ncept-artwork/

I love these. I never thought about Cyke with facial hair but he could be quite sexy.

Re-visiting the NYX (remember that title) that could have been by Brian Wood and artist David Choe, starring Rogue, Gambit, and Jubilee along with new characters.
    The concept is attributed to then head honcho Bill Jemas:
    "I have a very specific ideas about NYX, a story about mutants living in the underbelly of New York," Jemas said. "These are not flashy mutants like the X-Men or villains with great powers; these are mutants with hardly noticeable abilities who just want to get by. That's a story we have not told."
    The concept was overtaken by Quesada and Josh Middleton (et al) run with new character Kiden, Tatiana and introducing X-23 to the printed page.

http://muertoz.blogspot.com/2014/10/nyx-max.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was already tenderized by the Ian Churchill designs that preceded them. Where it was decided that Angel needed costume attachments so that he could perform mass air rescue support (not taking into account his hollow bones and bird physiology that would make that a difficult prospect), Nightcrawler went into full collared priest mode, and Iceman favored layering a Hawaiian shirt under his field togs.
    An interesting attempt to be a coordinated, but independent, counterpart to the Quitely suits over in NEW X-MEN during the same period.

The interim work by Ron Garney was a reasonable palette cleanser.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh. My. Goddess. What is seen can never be unseen. Nor easily forgotten. (Garney certainly tried to make some sense of all that rubbish but still...lawdha'mercy!)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I liked the Churchill designs for the most part. The Garney looks were so bland and lackluster

The only thing from any of those designs I liked was iceman's Hawaiian shirts. I don't even like the shirt itself. I just like the fact that when the team decided to wear matching leather outfits iceman apparently went "fine, but I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt with mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The only thing from any of those designs I liked was iceman's Hawaiian shirts. I don't even like the shirt itself. I just like the fact that when the team decided to wear matching leather outfits iceman apparently went "fine, but I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt with mine."
    Maybe Bobby and Jean went shopping together off-panel? Logan already had his evil-mutant beater tank top in his closet already...