Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I like the design, but you just know if Bachalo had redesigned Jean, she'd have variation of this:

Attachment 95228
    oh my godddd the sheer amount of receipts....He's lucky he's so damn talented that I'll let this slide lolll

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    notice how erik only had his pistons out when charles was dead, he just doesn't want his husband to feel emasculated
    period. biceps bigger than his own head...chuck cant keep up

It took them way too long to do a non-Phoenix take on Coipel’s Namor design.
    We have way too many great costumes that were limited to one story. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    We have way too many great costumes that were limited to one story. Ugh.
    Agreed. Speaking of Phoenixes, I never got why Art Adams Phoenix design for Rachel in The Classic Asgardian Wars X-Men Annual #9, never made it beyond that story. They went through the trouble of giving it a dramatic debut as her first open embracing of the Phoenix identity (she stirred the sh*t!) and then...we never see the costume again...
    (Colossus’s look was also a winner, and I say that as someone who usually prefers Piotr as naked as possible)

Eh that Rachel costume is a bit boring. It’s a nice evolution of the classic Phoenix costume, but the boots and gloves are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Eh that Rachel costume is a bit boring. It’s a nice evolution of the classic Phoenix costume, but the boots and gloves are terrible.
    Its better than what Romita did to it when he adopted it for her regular look in Uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its better than what Romita did to it when he adopted it for her regular look in Uncanny
    Yeeeeah... not every artist can do Rachel's face.

And I feel like cosmic-Phoenix looks woulda been gorg had comics had gradient coloring systems way back when.

I still feel like the best Rachel look uses parts of the spiky Hound outfit... if the Shi'Ar blue & gold had less skin I'd be fully onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I could never tell what Romita Jr was going for with that look....
    Nude but glowing with energy similar to the Age of X look for Revenant Rachel? Limitations of coloring technology and Comics Code Authority could have made that difficult to pull off.

But then other times the look seemed to have clothing properties - flesh visible at neckline/clavicle and backless

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeeeeah... not every artist can do Rachel's face.

And I feel like cosmic-Phoenix looks woulda been gorg had comics had gradient coloring systems way back when.
    Found this color update of the classic cover to Uncanny #199

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Found this color update of the classic cover to Uncanny #199

Marvel should recolor much more of their back catalogue. Just call them digitally enhanced versions and re-release.

An Appreciation post for the Morrison/Quitely era NEW X-MEN costumes. At the time I found them superior to the “reality based” costume adaptations seen the the Bryan Singer movies. Ironically when the movie series got around to adapting the Quitely look, they found a way to make them dull as dishwater.
    http://https://screenrant.com/dark-p...stumes-comics/

Imagining if all the characters had been under one creative roof visually instead of splintered into 3 factions - with the X-Treme team favoring black/red and the other X-Men team adhering closer to the Quitely look in color but not design...

Attachment 95155
    I loved those looks. I wish the X-men had stayed with those costumes longer. I was so ticked when they went back to superhero looks during Whedon's Astonishing X-men. I kind of wish the X-men would at least use these outfits in their everyday activities and then change into the superhero look when they go "save the world" or whatever.

I think thew New X-men style uniforms would look good on the current X-force especially the intelligence unit. They could be updated to have individual colors.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I always thought this outfit suited Firestar better than the 'yellow pajamas' look she started out with.

Last edited by CellarDweller; 04-09-2020 at 07:12 PM.

An Appreciation post for the Morrison/Quitely era NEW X-MEN costumes. At the time I found them superior to the “reality based” costume adaptations seen the the Bryan Singer movies. Ironically when the movie series got around to adapting the Quitely look, they found a way to make them dull as dishwater.
    http://https://screenrant.com/dark-p...stumes-comics/

Imagining if all the characters had been under one creative roof visually instead of splintered into 3 factions - with the X-Treme team favoring black/red and the other X-Men team adhering closer to the Quitely look in color but not design...

Attachment 95155
    That Storm look is rough.

That Storm look is rough.
    It’s kind of meant to be humiliating since Emma made her wear it for “security reasons” while on a caper in the compromised X-Mansion but Emma bring Emma had a bit of fun at Ororos expense in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved those looks. I wish the X-men had stayed with those costumes longer. I was so ticked when they went back to superhero looks during Whedon's Astonishing X-men. I kind of wish the X-men would at least use these outfits in their everyday activities and then change into the superhero look when they go "save the world" or whatever.
    My head cannon for when the X-Men still has the auspices of being a School was that the Quitely design style was for “on campus” and then the superhero looks were for “off campus” missions.
    IE: Cyclops ...

Big Man on Campus...

Man of Action...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-08-2020 at 12:44 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I don’t think Jean’s look needs to “compliment” anyone else’s. The iconography of the Marvel Girl look might need some updating for sure but for now, I’m loving some non-Phoenix signature visuals being served up by our ean.
    I was never a big fan of this look. It worked for the 1960s, but with Jean having evolved so much since those days, it kind of feels like Jean is some middle aged woman parading around town in her old high school cheerleading uniform. Even if it still fits, don't do it. If you want to have Jean in a dress/skirt, well, there are more modern styles that she can use. Otherwise, design an awesome fresh new battle suit for her and leave it at that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One of my faves for Rachel. I'm always disappointed we never got to see it for more than just that one issue.
    Rachel 02.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!