Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I think Destiny has one of the coolest looks.

I always thought Destiny had an interesting look...as an older woman she was provocative but mysterious, elegant, unemotional. I hope that when she returns they dont deviate from this look too far.

Ya'll wish you had thighs as thicc and J U I C Y as Irene.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Destiny's costume was always timeless to me.

76946-47290-husk.jpg

This was always my favourite design for Husk. It's modern whilst acknowledging her Generation X beginnings with the colour scheme. It's much nicer than her current yellow one (I like the design, the yellow is just too garish).
    Last edited by Husk; 02-14-2020 at 06:07 PM.

(Bringing over from NM thread)

Regarding the New Mutants lack of individual costumes in their current volume...except for Illyana who has reverted to her Chris Bachalo hot pants outfit from her stint as an X-Man...

The decision to go with a ensemble look that says “MAGIK (and the New Mutants)” is unfortunate.

The “uniforms” are gently individualized: Mirage has a loincloth, Cypher his jackets, Wolfsbane short sleeves, Karma a tunic length top, Mondo wears shorts, Chambers wrappings (where’s his leather jacket???)etc.
    I gather Illyana’s Bachalo design is popular with tptb as part of identifying her as a breakout star but some concession to the group look (A yellow stripe down the center!) would do wonders.

Personally, I think the Bachalo design is perfect the way it currently is. Clever in how it uses Illyana's blonde hair as a natural contrast to the solid black and makes it coherent with the New Mutants color scheme. Just by looking at her, you can not only tell that she is a member of the team but also its leader.

I’m currently lovin’ on Carmen Carnero’s apocalyptic redesign for Rogue from the Carol Danvers vs Makhizmo, the Nuclear Man arc of the current Captain Marvel volume. It would make a great page to screen translation for Rogue who is supposed to be rough beyond just the edges anyway.

Especially like the detail of the chain mimicking the signature Rogue stripe.

I kinda miss Magik's big final fantasy anime sword.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I kinda miss Magik's big final fantasy anime sword.
    its not gone

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its not gone

Technically no, but Magick has opted for a tamer form for her Soulsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    Technically no, but Magick has opted for a tamer form for her Soulsword.
    Those are preview pages for an upcoming book. So the giant look is coming back, at least for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I think Destiny has one of the coolest looks.

I've never liked the bulbous head, but the mask is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I’m currently lovin’ on Carmen Carnero’s apocalyptic redesign for Rogue from the Carol Danvers vs Makhizmo, the Nuclear Man arc of the current Captain Marvel volume. It would make a great page to screen translation for Rogue who is supposed to be rough beyond just the edges anyway.

Especially like the detail of the chain mimicking the signature Rogue stripe.

oohhh I love this look so much!! is it from a super recent issue?? maybe it'll catch on..It'd fit excalibur's vibe at least. I don't keep up with CM at alll though so for all I know this could be a footnote in her expansive costumer herstory

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Destiny's costume was always timeless to me.

76946-47290-husk.jpg

This was always my favourite design for Husk. It's modern whilst acknowledging her Generation X beginnings with the colour scheme. It's much nicer than her current yellow one (I like the design, the yellow is just too garish).
    I love love love Paige's gold/yellow digs. it makes her feel more distinctive as an x-man to me
    I'm definitely always here for her grungy post-apocalyptic school girl badass look though

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've never liked the bulbous head, but the mask is great.
    destiny did not make big foreheads sexy and alluring just to endure this disrespect!!

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    oohhh I love this look so much!! is it from a super recent issue?? maybe it'll catch on..It'd fit excalibur's vibe at least. I don't keep up with CM at alll though so for all I know this could be a footnote in her expansive costumer herstory
    That Rogue look is from the opening arc of the most recent Captain Marvel volume so it’s from a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That Rogue look is from the opening arc of the most recent Captain Marvel volume so it’s from a few months back.

This use to excite me, now I'm like "AGAIN!?!"
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Emma changing costume every issue was the best decision they made since she became an x-men