Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

(Brought over from the Marvel Universe General forum)

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The X-Men, as created...Attachment 93120
    ...especially as modified by Forge... [Attachment showing Jim Lee art of blue/gold team uniforms Deleted to save space ]
    ...it makes me wish Cockrum had done this...Attachment 93122
    I do wonder what the All-New, All-Different Era Second Genesis team would have looked like if shown in Xavier School Training gear...
    E163F90D-2AAA-4165-BAB8-411624A812F4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Back to she for whom this thread is titled...Artist Valerio Schiti revealed some preliminary designs for Kitty when she was featured in the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

Though I think #2 was the right one to make the final cut, theres something to be said for #5 (which Schiti names as one of his faves as well). The flowy harem style pants remind me of her marital arts gi suited sky dancing she did back in the KITTY PRYDE AND WOLVERINE miniseries that introduced her Ninja-ness.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ValerioSc...44101894217729

I wished this stuck. Light and dark blue should have stayed has her colors. Her glorified school uniform look has been played out since the late 90s. The only blue (black) and yellow costume I liked was the XM:R look, but I don't think it was popular. Maybe it was the short hair. I really loved the mask that made it look like she had cat ears.
    shadowcat-bigcostume8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I was just saying in the Kitty Appreciation board how I really want her Yellow/Green costume back.

Agreed! i 'd love to see her return to this!

Fantastic Member

Didn't the Ariel costume / identity only last two or three months?
    It got traction as she appeared in the first OHOTMU handbook series in said guise.

Do we know why she chose the name or decided to dump the look?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    It got traction as she appeared in the first OHOTMU handbook series in said guise.

It seems that it was an ongoing struggle to find something that sounded as adult as her lifestyle instead of youthful as her age. From on panel she ditched “Sprite” because she thinks it’s too immature sounding. “Ariel” comes after the first Morlock adventure but is rarely, if ever said on panel. Then with the trauma of her parents divorcing and her kidnapping and forced training as a ninja in KITTY PRYDE and WOLVERINE, she adopts the darker look and codename “Shadow Cat”. However all along characters and writers refer to her most often as simply “Kitty”. A good rundown of her code name history below...
    https://arousinggrammar.com/2014/05/...f-kitty-pryde/
    9329B7F7-F4CE-41A4-B5AE-B31F3DD6018D.jpg

I have an inkling of a memory that the “Ariel” name was controversial in its day because of the Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, and Kitty being a Jewish character, but I can’t find a source to back that up.

On the costume front, did Kitty ever wear this blue coloration of the Sprite look beyond this NEW MUTANTS #13 cover?
    The cover has been reproduced unchanged for reprints and collections enough to rule out that it wasn’t just a printing error...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-29-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Back to she for whom this thread is titled...Artist Valerio Schiti revealed some preliminary designs for Kitty when she was featured in the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

Though I think #2 was the right one to make the final cut, theres something to be said for #5 (which Schiti names as one of his faves as well). The flowy harem style pants remind me of her marital arts gi suited sky dancing she did back in the KITTY PRYDE AND WOLVERINE miniseries that introduced her Ninja-ness.

I prefer this to the red.

It seems that it was an ongoing struggle to find something that sounded as adult as her lifestyle instead of youthful as her age. From on panel she ditched “Sprite” because she thinks it’s too immature sounding. “Ariel” comes after the first Morlock adventure but is rarely, if ever said on panel. Then with the trauma of her parents divorcing and her kidnapping and forced training as a ninja in KITTY PRYDE and WOLVERINE, she adopts the darker look and codename “Shadow Cat”. However all along characters and writers refer to her most often as simply “Kitty”. A good rundown of her code name history below...
    https://arousinggrammar.com/2014/05/...f-kitty-pryde/
    9329B7F7-F4CE-41A4-B5AE-B31F3DD6018D.jpg

I have an inkling of a memory that the “Ariel” name was controversial in its day because of the Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, and Kitty being a Jewish character, but I can’t find a source to back that up.

On the costume front, did Kitty ever wear this blue coloration of the Sprite look beyond this NEW MUTANTS #13 cover?
    The cover has been reproduced unchanged for reprints and collections enough to rule out that it wasn’t just a printing error...
    I have to say I like the green better in this case.

There is also that unpublished Secret Wars #1 that had Kitty mistakenly on it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Eh. Almost everything was fine, but I wasn't a fan of the over-sized sweater version. If it had been a poncho, it might have improved things a bit:

It looked better in green and black
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

It began after she fought the Sidri hunters by herself, with varying looks, until she came back from Japan as Shadowcat.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I wasn't fond of this look at first for some reason, but its really grown on me. I think this color scheme works well for Kitty. I do like #7 as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I wished this stuck. Light and dark blue should have stayed has her colors. Her glorified school uniform look has been played out since the late 90s. The only blue (black) and yellow costume I liked was the XM:R look, but I don't think it was popular. Maybe it was the short hair. I really loved the mask that made it look like she had cat ears.
    The costume's alright, but I'd rather that whole era never be spoken of again lol. I love Claremont, but even though he created her, he just could not write a grown-up Kitty. "AS IF!" LOL

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

2, 3, 5, and 6 are all my favorites. This color scheme always looks great on Kitty, and it’s a welcome change from the school uniform with shoulder pads.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I prefer the yellow and blue of 7 and 8, honestly. Whether it's the same colors of her "training uniform" or not I think modern Kitty looks better in yellow and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It looked better in green and black
    Yeah, you're right. I only wish it wasn't so bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I only wish it wasn't so bulky.
    Romita liked everything in looser fabrics. His designs were a bit boring but his ambitions were excellent. Storm, Magneto, Emma... they rarely get physical in fights so spandex and body-hugging armors aren’t necessary.