Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Jean is another one of those that has had so many look over the years, but nothing seems to stick. To me there are two characters that should be in the blue/gold and that is Scott and Jean. I really liked her X-Factor look more or less just maybe ad a belt with the X on. I have never really liked it when they keep trying to put her back in green just because her original costume was green. I hated the teen Jean costume.

For Cyclops the head condom has got to go. It just looks lame after seeing him with the open head wear. I would go back to the classic 90's look, but would loose the leg straps.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 03-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    Attachment 79481

I love the Doll Divine X-girl maker D:

Also, I would give ...someone's left leg to see Kitty in a costume like this.
    That's really cool actually

I've always thought the designs for Ultimate X-Men looked the best.

I mean c'mon this is just cool.

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The white Magneto costume, basically for not having any purple.
    whitemag08.jpg

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 79476

I want Nightcrawler to wear a white suit, black oxford, and red vest.
    I've never seen this pic before. I like it very much. Kurt looks great in formalwear.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This pushed Kurts classic costume to the number 2 spot for me.

Favorite Jean look

Also featuring my favorite Scarlet Witch suit

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    This pushed Kurts classic costume to the number 2 spot for me.

He does look good in body paint.
    Stylistically (Silver Surfer, Iceman, Daredevil, Spiderman) the tru-nude design is always best.
    Always has been, always will be.

Kurt is blue maybe so he can just be naked. You know? Or he's meant to be. Right? Okay so if Silver Surfer was not silver but a hue of human skin - he would never have passed the comics code! I mean the Naked Surfer wouldn't have been okay...but he is, naked. If he's really even a 'he' - doesn't have to be...it's not, um, expressly stated.

As for this do, me too. This is my favorite of Nightcrawler's 'other' team costumes.

Here's Ramos' version: (note the um, 'empty' pillar accessory and lively tail) And is he perched on the head of Michelangelo's David or couldn't he be...and he's holding himself there by the gaps of the chiseled face, by the eyes, ears, nose and mouth of a statue!?
    61E07Miiv5L._SY679_.jpg

"The living model, the naked body...the privileged seat of feeling, but also of questioning... The model must mark you, awaken in you an emotion which you seek in turn to express." (Henri Matisse)
    Last edited by sungila; 03-10-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Jean is another one of those that has had so many look over the years, but nothing seems to stick. To me there are two characters that should be in the blue/gold and that is Scott and Jean. I really liked her X-Factor look more or less just maybe ad a belt with the X on. I have never really liked it when they keep trying to put her back in green just because her original costume was green. I hated the teen Jean costume.

For Cyclops the head condom has got to go. It just looks lame after seeing him with the open head wear. I would go back to the classic 90's look, but would loose the leg straps.

They actually HAVE gone back to the 90s look for Scott.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I've always liked Kitty in dark colors. It's the whole Shadowcat thing. And for some reason, I never liked her in any of the traditional X-Men uniforms. Not even when she first joined. As long as her costume speaks to her personality, it's a winner with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I like that you've given her curly hair!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

MAGNETO - though I miss his distinct neck/breast plate, Phil Jimenez Planet X design (inspired by Ian McKellen’s Movie Magneto) gives us a still majestic Mags in a look that doesn’t require an Uber unrealistic body type on an old man.

TEAM LOOKS: I enjoyed the brief period before the Adjectiveless relaunch when there was a structure to the team uniforms seemingly signifying “levels” of Xavier’s school.
    Quirkily enough, the higher the level the MORE formal the uniforms became instead of the original trope of students “graduating” to individual costumes.

New Mutants: Junior Varsity - individual colorful youthful

X-Men: Varsity - no nonsense uniforms

X-Factor: Alumni - next level uniform almost formal garb (of course 3/5s of the team barely wore costumes)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always liked Kitty in dark colors. It's the whole Shadowcat thing. And for some reason, I never liked her in any of the traditional X-Men uniforms. Not even when she first joined. As long as her costume speaks to her personality, it's a winner with me.

Carmen Bicondova reference? She’s a CAT lady for sure!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Carmen Bicondova reference? She’s a CAT lady for sure!
    She'd definitely be one of my three picks to portray Kitty in the next X movie.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin