Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Xorn wasn't wearing his NXM costume, in that panel with his brother.
    I'll give you Fantomex, as a possibility, though he's yet to show up in story so we'll see.

Im pretty sure thats Xorn wearing his NXM leather jacket there

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Touche.
    I stand corrected...I completely missed him there.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You take that back!

okay you kinda destroyed me here, touche and well played

Bob Layton’s preliminary designs for the O5 for the Original X-FACTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Bob Layton’s preliminary designs for the O5 for the Original X-FACTOR

Those are pretty lazy as they are nothing more than recolored versions of their original uniform. Wouldnt have been a good look since the New Mutants were wearing these designs

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those are pretty lazy as they are nothing more than recolored versions of their original uniform. Wouldnt have been a good look since the New Mutants were wearing these designs
    More like they were all imitating Angel’s costume with the uniform stripe from torso to upper leg. First time red was introduced into Cyclops look in a prominent way (Stealing Beast’s color scheme). It looked like a mistake initially. And also the no skullcap idea for Scott.

Speaking of head gear, I never thought about it but was Warren the first character to sport the headsock look?

warren definitely looked the best . Scott looked plain bad and the rest just looked basic/forgettable. Who approved red, yellow, AND navy all at once ? lol the redesigns they got later on were elite

can't lie though they look all super fresh in the uncoloured pic. Classic, clean-cut n all that. Layton was no slouch

Remembering Lorna’s body dysmorphia costume change and when it got reversed...

I think the best part of X-Statix was the character designs. I mean when you kill off that many main cast you NEED to make each character distinct I guess, and in that regard it was good.
    gingen2.jpg
    Gin Genie! Most of you would need to look her up on a wiki to have any idea who she was. But her look is subtly distinctive enough that you know you DON'T recognize her.

She was due for a new look(s), though neither were any good. What stands out to me is the costume that followed these, with the shorter hair and looser top.

B14051B7-214F-483F-910D-F7E839E0C716.jpg

is it bad that I love the red and gold costume in all its shameless tacky 90s glory ?? perhaps . I wish when they "updated" it like 4 issues later they'd kept the same colour scheme but nonetheless Its a cute look.

Ha ha ha her nonsense dual belt with leg strap thing and the standing on her tippy toes, sans heels is hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ha ha ha her nonsense dual belt with leg strap thing and the standing on her tippy toes, sans heels is hilarious.
    That happened a lot at the time. Were artists tracing from women wearing heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That happened a lot at the time. Were artists tracing from women wearing heels?
    I know some artists like J Scott Campbell who still draw tippy toes like that. I guess they consider it an attractive stance?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    She was due for a new look(s), though neither were any good. What stands out to me is the costume that followed these, with the shorter hair and looser top.

B14051B7-214F-483F-910D-F7E839E0C716.jpg
    I hated that look