Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Carmen Bicondova reference? She’s a CAT lady for sure!
    That IS. A ShadowCat costume! Holy eff! Out a hood on it with a x shaped face mask and that Carmen Bindawhatever pic IS ShadowCat.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think Magik had some good look in the past that should be brought back and updated a little. The hood and cape look was pretty good for her in either Red/Black or White/Black. I even like the black bodysuit with the short jacket look she sported for a while. An updated version of either would be fine with me.

Anything is better than that good awful bondage gear and booty shorts look she had for a while with the giant final fantasy sword. And those weird things sticking out of her head for no reason where just he worst.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

My favorite X -men costume periods are when the Costumes really reflect the life and personality of the character. To me, mutants should use fashion as a weapon and a show of resistance and should naturally be more evolved in these areas of culture.

I love when the Xmen look like they represent a certain corner of society individually into their costume design and it's less Super hero-y and more mutant-y. Coipel's designs in AoX did this really well. Each character looked entirely unique and yet part of the same community.

BANNED

Even though it is in all likelihood just a coloring mistake, I still find this all-white version of the Phoenix costume to be particularly elegant and suitable for Jean's character.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always liked Kitty in dark colors. It's the whole Shadowcat thing. And for some reason, I never liked her in any of the traditional X-Men uniforms. Not even when she first joined. As long as her costume speaks to her personality, it's a winner with me.
    Great use of shadow as always, JP.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always liked Kitty in dark colors. It's the whole Shadowcat thing. And for some reason, I never liked her in any of the traditional X-Men uniforms. Not even when she first joined. As long as her costume speaks to her personality, it's a winner with me.
    Your picture looks so good!

That being said, I never thought that the Shadowcat name really worked for Kitty. Shadowcat implies stealth, and I don't really imagine Kitty using stealth too much. art of the reason why I love her more colorful costumes is because I feel like they match her personality better.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post

Even though it is in all likelihood just a coloring mistake, I still find this all-white version of the Phoenix costume to be particularly elegant and suitable for Jean's character.
    This was not colored as a mistake--this was Jean's White and Silver "Death" costume--when death tried to explain things to Jean.

I really like the White and Silver, but if not colored correctly, it can look like all white.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This was not colored as a mistake--this was Jean's White and Silver "Death" costume--when death tried to explain things to Jean.

I really like the White and Silver, but if not colored correctly, it can look like all white.
    but wasnt that the first time it was used? If so, it could have been a coloring errror

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but wasnt that the first time it was used? If so, it could have been a coloring errror
    It was the first time used--but it was meant to show Jean's progression from both the green (regular) and red (evil) Phoenix versions. This was meant to be an elevated, more knowledgeable and in control of her powers Jean Phoenix, hence the totally different color scheme and with White)silver being the "good" version.

EF346083-83F8-4134-AB2C-CD5802371CEA.jpg
    Jubilee’s better look

0E964BB9-B0E3-4BE7-9AA7-4F440444796B.jpg
    This should be Karma’s default costume instead of that tired x-uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In the published story (an in-canon backup in “Classic X-men” ) the White coloration of the Phoenix costume is discussed in the dialogue and clearly a significant plot point reflected in the line art by Michael Collins (Jean reacts looking at her costume on panel).
    No coloring mistake.

Finally getting to KITTY PRYDE for whom this thread is titled.... I'm going to go with her post-Star Lady outfit from Guardians of the Galaxy (vol4) as her modern best. Designed by Valerio Schiti (?)
    I prefer it in her ShadowCat colors rather than the Star-Lord brown, but I might switch up the color blocking a bit (too much pale blue? more white?).
    I like how it references her previous Shadowcat look with the loose sleeves and almost dancer like leg warmer looking boots. LOVE the harness collar that closes into a ninja mask look.
    Replace the Guardians badge with an X symbol and you have a great X-Costume.

kittycostume.jpg

Close second is the X-Men:Evolution design, which was more of a Sprite than a Shadowcat.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-14-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Yeah, I wish they'd just tweaked that costume by swapping the Guardians logo for an X emblem, instead of cutting her hair short and putting her in a student uniform.

That's what they did with Ben Grimm - his Guardians logo was swapped for a SHIELD one, and the costume stayed until Secret Empire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I wish they'd just tweaked that costume by swapping the Guardians logo for an X emblem, instead of cutting her hair short and putting her in a student uniform.

That's what they did with Ben Grimm - his Guardians logo was swapped for a SHIELD one, and the costume stayed until Secret Empire.
    Because Bendis was still writing Thing. Meanwhile, it was clear from the start that Guggenheim really didn't like Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

Is that Jubes as WONDRA?