Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The design's okay, but brown is not Jubilee's colour. Her costume doesn't need to be neon, but it shouldn't be that drab, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Is that Jubes as WONDRA?
    Yes. Hence the Ws on the costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Because Bendis was still writing Thing. Meanwhile, it was clear from the start that Guggenheim really didn't like Bendis.
    Did Guggs insist on the costumes we got in Gold? I would've thought the artist should be blamed - the disgraced Ardian Syaf.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did Guggs insist on the costumes we got in Gold? I would've thought the artist should be blamed - the disgraced Ardian Syaf.
    The artist does what the writer and editor want.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I kind of wish Jubilee and the other former Gen X members would use modified versions of their original costumes with the red/gold. That worked very well for most of them especially Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    My favorite X -men costume periods are when the Costumes really reflect the life and personality of the character. To me, mutants should use fashion as a weapon and a show of resistance and should naturally be more evolved in these areas of culture.

I love when the Xmen look like they represent a certain corner of society individually into their costume design and it's less Super hero-y and more mutant-y. Coipel's designs in AoX did this really well. Each character looked entirely unique and yet part of the same community.

AOX Dazzler design by Clay Mann is still the top look for Ms Blaire a battle ready Popstar/Mutant Pussycat Doll.

The artist does what the writer and editor want.
    Thats not always the case. Most writers dont dictate costume design unless it has a specific purpose in story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not always the case. Most writers dont dictate costume design unless it has a specific purpose in story.
    In the case of Gold, the costumes served the purpose of the story (nostalgia). Also if they were Syaf-driven, Marvel would’ve gotten rid of them along with him.

In the case of Gold, the costumes served the purpose of the story (nostalgia). Also if they were Syaf-driven, Marvel would’ve gotten rid of them along with him.
    They didnt serve any story function. The only one that did was Rachel's as it was part of her reinventing herself as Prestige.

BANNED

They didnt serve any story function. The only one that did was Rachel's as it was part of her reinventing herself as Prestige.
    The first arc is called Back to the Basics. Kitty wanted the X-Men to be heroes again or whatever. It was a very conscious decision.

Fantastic Member

It was Jonboy Meyers who designed them

https://www.newsarama.com/34664-what...d-designs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    It was Jonboy Meyers who designed them

https://www.newsarama.com/34664-what...d-designs.html
    No it wasn't. Meyers was going to draw a later arc, but left the book before any of it was published.
    He did his own version of Syaf's designs and talks about how he felt Syaf's original looks were outdated.
    It's all in the link you posted.

The original costume for Byrne's Wolverine is still one of his best.
    uncanny x-men.jpg
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-20-2019 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

And that one WAS ditched, for a while anyway. She switched to something more like her old Phoenix costume, with spikes.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Finally getting to KITTY PRYDE for whom this thread is titled.... I'm going to go with her post-Star Lady outfit from Guardians of the Galaxy (vol4) as her modern best. Designed by Valerio Schiti (?)
    I prefer it in her ShadowCat colors rather than the Star-Lord brown, but I might switch up the color blocking a bit (too much pale blue? more white?).
    I like how it references her previous Shadowcat look with the loose sleeves and almost dancer like leg warmer looking boots. LOVE the harness collar that closes into a ninja mask look.
    Replace the Guardians badge with an X symbol and you have a great X-Costume.

Attachment 79690
    That is a really nice look for her!! Wish the X office would use it instead of the way very old look of her usual.