small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Default Astrohustle - twists, turns, fun!

A new series, in which... a lot happens: a space-adventure/socio-political-religious commentary, with pirates, and lots of little asides-- a robot called Shawzbot, a rogue character named Chen Andalou of the starship Sinnematica, weapons that sound, "Pew""pew".

A comic intro, a quick, broad, sketch-comedy slapstick that takes a sudden quick turn into seriousness, as even the artwork affects a more standard SF/superhero style as this becomes the story of a man sixty-years 'gone' inexplicably returned to a very changed 'future', then veers back into a bright and silly genre switch as it takes off into adventure, steadily keeping me both off-base and entertained.

[NB: "Chien Andalou," a brutally odd cinematic work. 'Shazbot' an expression of annoyance for Robin William's "Mork." Pew-pew.]
    astro hustle 1 (1).jpgastro hustle 1 (2).jpgastro hustle 1 (3).jpg
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This seemed very marketed at me, and boy was it a fun read. Can't wait for issue 2.

Amazing work on the colors.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This seemed very marketed at me, and boy was it a fun read. Can't wait for issue 2.

Amazing work on the colors.
    Unfortunately, it was just canceled...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Looks like people are trying to cash in on the allegations against Nitz by unloading their issue ones on eBay. Not many are going beyond cover price so far.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yikes, I read through the article on him and the dude sounds like a mess.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

yeah. real shame. happened (not the same, but similarly) with another title I was really enjoying, as well.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet