View Poll Results: Who most interests you on Prisoner X?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bishop

34 41.46%
  • Polaris

38 46.34%
  • Danielle Moonstar

45 54.88%
  • Beast

7 8.54%
  • Honey Badger/Gabby

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I just noticed Beast has literally no votes. Poor Hank.

Also, villain Gabby has been so far great, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
    Eh she's just more rough and tumble or like a little rebel than a villain here IMO

Wish we could have kept Esmabby as a new true X-villain
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris is the reason I'm buying it, and she's the one I'm most interested in. Though I also really love Moonstar, and I like Bishop as well. So those three are the ones I'm most excited for. Forge as well, but to a lesser extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Polaris is the reason I'm buying it, and she's the one I'm most interested in. Though I also really love Moonstar, and I like Bishop as well. So those three are the ones I'm most excited for. Forge as well, but to a lesser extent.
    I didn't mention Forge because he hasn't yet appeared so I'll evaluate based on how he seems in the book itself but I am a pretty big fan of the character and feel he is woefully underused

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I didn't mention Forge because he hasn't yet appeared so I'll evaluate based on how he seems in the book itself but I am a pretty big fan of the character and feel he is woefully underused
    Forge was the warden who took Bishop on the tour in issue one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yes he has, he's the warden isn't he?

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Bishop and Beast mostly. Sorry to see him portrayed as nasty yet again. Danny Moonstar a little. I have little interest in Lorna and none in Gabby

BANNED

This right here, articulates my feelings pretty accurately, I'd say. Removing Lorna would lessen my enthusiasm by about 50%. Do the same with Dani, and that decreases it another 30%. Then Bishop 15%, I guess, and Forge gets the last 5%.

Moonstar first. (Bet you didn't see that coming. ) Then Polaris (interested in finding out why she was a villain) and Bishop. I'm "meh" on the rest.

The list might change a bit when I can actually get a hold of the comics, of course.
    Last edited by Arachne; 03-09-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Top 2 are Bishop and Dani followed then by Polaris. While I normally like Gabby, not really sure I’m all into her portrayal here along with Beast. While with Gabby, I guess you could see it as harping on the fresh meat, Beast was just a total ass towards Bishop for no reason the entire issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Bishop, the dedicated sexual offender. Then the goddess, Danielle. I have no interest in fetishizing the mentally ill Polaris. What an ill-conceived trope. https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...-says-about-us
    Is she mentally ill, though? The comic shows that, while the characters may be experiencing their memories of 616 as a mental break or hallucination, they're the most in touch with reality. Thus, Lorna may be the sanest person in that prison.

So, given what Gabby said about Lorna and Bishop being alike, I think Lorna's perceptions are the most interesting to me.

But I like Dani best as a character so far.

Bishop, easily! It's amazing to see him in the hands of a truly competent writer that not only gets who he is as a character. Even with no powers, this is a highly capable man with incredible resolve and drive. Hopefully with this book we get the chance to see why its ludicrous for Bishop not to be considered a top candidate to lead the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I have no interest in fetishizing the mentally ill Polaris. What an ill-conceived trope. https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...-says-about-us
    You've linked a good article, and thanks for sharing it. If this comment is about Lorna as written on Prisoner X, I don't have anything to say at the moment. If it's about Lorna as a whole though, I'd say this doesn't apply when she's written well with mental health issues.

Thanks on the votes and replies so far. Several of you noted Forge. Sorry I failed to include him in the poll. I went by the cover of issue #1 for who to enter as options.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Forge, by a long shot.

From what is going on so far, he is the piece that seems to fit the least.

Forge was the warden who took Bishop on the tour in issue one.
    Then I guess that says it all in terms of how well-characterized or unique he came across for me.... shrug

Hopefully better in further issues then

Aside: Lorna is not mentally ill... even in canon not really to the extent Agatha's Ghost appears to be thinking, and in this book she is basically the SANEST one there... so the critique levelled is just fundamentally offbase

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bishop, easily! It's amazing to see him in the hands of a truly competent writer that not only gets who he is as a character. Even with no powers, this is a highly capable man with incredible resolve and drive. Hopefully with this book we get the chance to see why its ludicrous for Bishop not to be considered a top candidate to lead the X-Men.
    Vita ayala is a big Bishop fan, you can see on her twitter that she really care for him