Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Catwoman should always look glassy and glamorous--like a movie star gone bad.
    I think there’s room for a lot of looks, but I definitely agree that my favorite versions of Catwoman carry themselves with an attitude of classiness and glamorousness!

Two thumbs up for that!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "glassy"?

(At least it didn't come out as "gassy"!)
    Speaking for myself, I think Jones's Catwoman is a bit too glossy.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Speaking for myself, I think Jones's Catwoman is a bit too glossy.
    Stitched up like she found some old patterns in the bargain basement. Purple, green, and modestly slit skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Stitched up like she found some old patterns in the bargain basement. Purple, green, and modestly slit skirts.
    Sounds like a sort of cross between

I'm noticing that with a few of the old character designs, Batman is one of the few family members who got to wear pants (or tights I suppose).
    Catwoman, Robin (Dick), Bat-Girl (Bette) = no pants. Lol.
    Thank goodness Alfred had pants on.

BANNED

Yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer sticched-up Cat-rags. She was a good actress but the costume was meh.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'm noticing that with a few of the old character designs, Batman is one of the few family members who got to wear pants (or tights I suppose).
    Catwoman, Robin (Dick), Bat-Girl (Bette) = no pants. Lol.
    Thank goodness Alfred had pants on.
    In the early cases, the Cat would appear in some disguise--often as a high society woman in a gown--before she was revealed to be the Cat. She didn't really have a set costume and was really a master (or mistress) of disguise.

However, to call Catwoman a member of the Batman family in her original incarnation is really stretching it--since she was usually a villain. The Batman family in the 1940s and the 1950s was Batman, Robin, Alfred and Commissioner Gordon--one man in stockings, two men in trousers and one boy in short pants.

Kathy Kane appeared as Batwoman in 1956, two years after Catwoman had been retired from the comics. I think the reason Catwoman was got rid of (going back to crime in her final appearances after a period of being a crime-fighter alongside Batman) was because she was too hot for the Comics Code--and Batwoman was a safer bet. She didn't show any skin in her costume, other than around the face.

But even Batwoman is not a full-time member of the family. The bulk of her appearances were between 1959 and 1964--and she never got her own feature. Bat-Girl had even less appearances (seven in total between 1961 and 1964). Bat-Mite and Ace, the Bat-Hound, would be the other family members prior to 1964 with any prominent credentials--one did show off his bare legs and the other ran around totally nude in every adventure he was in and never cared to put on a stitch of clothing, other than mask and collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I would take the classic Catwoman costume if Bats can go back to his classic look too.

Other than that, I'm cool with the modern costumes.

Also, Dan Brereton is the man!
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I know that Neal Adams drew that puss n boots outfit on the cover and Irv Novick inside the issue (BATMAN 210), but I think it was the writer (and a great artist in his own right) that came up with the design. Frank Robbins.

I have a soft spot for the blue and red suit from the 70's. That was Catwoman when I first met her.

Didn't know Frank Robbins designed it. Cool. Knowing that now, It's pretty obvious.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I feel the same way. As a burglar, she is squeezing into tight spots, hanging upside down from a wire while stealing diamonds from a display case, etc. Can't imagine a cape and long skirt would work very well in those situations (haha!). Granted, the idea of a cape on ANY hero or villain is really stupid (see The Incredibles for reasons why!). To me, characters based on a bat or bird seems to make sense having a cape (wings) however I don't see why a cat would have a cape. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.
    You do realize that the Incredibles was making a joke right? I mean, they had characters with alleged superstrength getting pulled around by their capes, and capes that seemed as indestructible as adamantium with how they would just not pull off or tear off. So yeah...

I know that Neal Adams drew that puss n boots outfit on the cover and Irv Novick inside the issue (BATMAN 210), but I think it was the writer (and a great artist in his own right) that came up with the design. Frank Robbins.

Would have been fun to have that version of Catwoman meet up with Harvey's Black Cat (Linda Turner).

lolz yeah.

Pretty obvious where Frank got his inspiration. haha
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You do realize that the Incredibles was making a joke right? I mean, they had characters with alleged superstrength getting pulled around by their capes, and capes that seemed as indestructible as adamantium with how they would just not pull off or tear off. So yeah...

Retired

And before there was Batwoman, there was the Bat Lady from ARTISTS AND MODELS (1955), with Shirley MacLaine posing as the comic book character.

BANNED

And before there was Batwoman, there was the Bat Lady from ARTISTS AND MODELS (1955), with Shirley MacLaine posing as the comic book character.

Kill me now, please.