Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

robbing museums and hopping rooftops in such a dress isn't logical or practical but it reflects her Hooker past of sexuality over practicality so yeah could work.

Her current look is far too sensible and nowhere as revealing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The "classic" looks I grew up with until the mid-'70s were the Newmar/Meriwether/Kitt one, as well as the green outfit from the Filmation cartoon. Having said that, the original costume from the comics is the sexiest, IMO. Yet, it wasn't really practical, so the black catsuit from the old TV show makes the most sense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The current costume is a bit generic and blah IMO. I miss the goggles and the belt of the previous costume. The purple and green costume with the skirt, while iconic, is really impractical for what Selena does(crawling around and jumping from rooftops).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I do not like catwoman's current appearance. Not the suit or her short haircut. Actually, my favorite look for her is Jim Balent's take, which is a lot closer to the original.
    Me too, I don't like the current one and I loved this:

As mentioned in a different thread once, that purple outfit with the green cape wasn't Selina's first Golden Age "Catwoman" outfit.

This was in an issue of Batman (possibly #256) back in the mid-1970s:

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    ...While the contemporary design is that of a generic, tastelessly sexualized, "bad girl art" femme fatales that we have seen throughout that 90s and beyond...
    LOL "contemporary design" ...." 90s and beyond"

Been around since 1941, strong, independently created, designed by a woman, scripted and drawn by a Woman. ...and for woman.

Who do you think this was for.

Last edited by Güicho; 03-10-2019 at 05:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    robbing museums and hopping rooftops in such a dress isn't logical or practical but it reflects her Hooker past of sexuality over practicality so yeah could work.

How can something be too sensible?
    She's a thief for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    How can something be too sensible?
    She's a thief for god's sake.
    Obvious sarcasm should be obvious and how is that the line that causes you concern not the nowhere as revealing line or is that just par for the course?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

No. That outfit would look ridiculous now and would just seem so out of place after the costumes she has had the last 20 years. There is a reason looks like that get left in the past.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I fail to see how the current costume is "generic and tastelessly sexualized" yet a costume showing off her cleavage and legs is classy and creative. In some images, she looks like she's a slight breeze away from flashing someone.
    You're right. I guess that is a tad hypocritical. But I still stand by my views.

BANNED

Obvious sarcasm should be obvious and how is that the line that causes you concern not the nowhere as revealing line or is that just par for the course?
    It's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet, especially while used to people saying stupid things and meaning them without a trace of irony.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    It's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet, especially while used to people saying stupid things and meaning them without a trace of irony.

the 2nd part of that [bold] implies the poster wasn't being serious.
    [At least it does to me]

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe they can throw in some glow in the dark too. You know, give her a bit more of a pop while she’s busy robbing or running.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe they can throw in some glow in the dark too. You know, give her a bit more of a pop while she’s busy robbing or running.
    She wouldn't need to do that if she does a live stream while she breaks in and robs a place . . .

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She wouldn't need to do that if she does a live stream while she breaks in and robs a place . . .
    You act like she can’t live stream a robbery while wearing a glow in the dark dress at the same time.