Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Her current look is far too sensible and nowhere as revealing.

the 2nd part of that [bold] implies the poster wasn't being serious.
    [At least it does to me]
    Well I don't think you've talked to people who have said they're boycotting a movie for that exact reason like I have.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    Well I don't think you've talked to people who have said they're boycotting a movie for that exact reason like I have.
    What movie did folks boycott due to sensible costumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe they can throw in some glow in the dark too. You know, give her a bit more of a pop while she’s busy robbing or running.
    Ha. Remind's me of the tumblr joke where Selina is trying to rob a museum but the clapping of her unsupported boobs keeps alerting the guards. i say along with lights stick bells on her to make things really interesting and increase the chases of a fight scene

Even better cameras with bells attached.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-10-2019 at 01:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    What movie did folks boycott due to sensible costumes?
    Captain Marvel.
    And I don't wanna bring up anything else relating to the movie because this ain't the thread for it but I have argued with people who have said their main reason for boycotting the film is the fact they didn't use the costume that showed off skin.
    And no I'm not exaggerating, they didn't mean they simply liked the black costume over the newer one they flat out said they hate how it wasn't as revealing and didn't show skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    It's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet, especially while used to people saying stupid things and meaning them without a trace of irony.
    True

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As mentioned in a different thread once, that purple outfit with the green cape wasn't Selina's first Golden Age "Catwoman" outfit.

This was in an issue of Batman (possibly #256) back in the mid-1970s:
    What is interesting to me is that not long after DC ran that page, Catwoman ditched the blue costume and went back to the purple and green costume. From what I gathered the blue costume was universally hated.
    It sort of sounded like DC was doing a poll when they had Catwoman ask "Tell me... which do you think makes me look my best?"

Extraordinary Member

Pretty much all Catwoman looks come with a few pluses and a few minuses, and all can be elegant in one artist’s hands and overtly sexual in another’s. The green cape suit has a bit more of a swashbuckling flair that I like a great deal, but the cape makes no sense for the character beyond the stylistic aspect: there’s no thematic connection as their is with Batman and his families capes, and since Catwoman has been refined as the years age gone by to be more of a super thief than a supervillain per se, the practicality issues are much more readily apparent.

I do think Catwoman looks better in immediately recognizable purple, though, and I’ve always thought the “cat’s head” symbol she sometimes has with the outfit should be used more, and I’m an absolute sucker for the way long hair can come off like a “mane” for her. Cooke’s motorcycle costume was a nice combination of stylish and practical, but was a bit easier to misdraw, I think, while the 90’s look was ridiculous in its proportions but had an excellent shade of color, a nice simplicity that was less ridiculous in other artists’ hands, and her facial expressions tended towards more vivacious and enagaging during that period (where she was definetly more of a lovable rogue.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Fantastic Member

I like these two costumes for her the most
    616D2MOJCLL._AC_SY400_.jpg 51KJp8MkMtL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

But, the sad thing about people talking about the Cooke costume being sexual is that Cooke created it to cover her up. If you look at interviews, he hated when people would show the suit as unzipping to show cleavage or to have Selina naked. I don't have a problem with Selina being sexy or having sexual costumes I feel bad that other creators did not respect Cooke design.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd love the 90's purple outfit with free flowing long black hair back.

Just drawn by better artists with more realistic body proportions, and less spine-bendy-boobs-out poses.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 03-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Thats gonna be a no for me, her 90s purple suit and all black suit are leagues better. The only thing she's stealing in that is hearts and husbands.

BANNED

Is Balent still out there drawing big circles?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think capes and dresses are very cat-like. Batman's costume works because bats have wings. Cats are sleek and streamlined.
    I agree! Outfit doesn't look very "catty" at all, besides the cats ears. Not to mention she is a stealthy burglar and I don't see the flowing dress and cape to be practical in any way for her to be moving around stealthily! Imagine dodging laser sensors with the dress and cape flopping about. Also, I don't think ANY of Catwoman's boots should have heels (nor should other super-heroines). Can't imagine them running/fighting/etc in stilettos!

BANNED

if she would adopt that look again then Damian has to wear dicks shorts and do a pole dance while sliding down to the bat cave. bring all the tropes back.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is Balent still out there drawing big circles?
    Tarot might still be going.

I'd love a return to this look, or the 90s one. No they don't make as much sense like her current costumes have in regards to being a cat burglar, but really I don't give a flip about whether a costume makes sense or not. In fact, bothering to worry about what makes sense has resulted in some boring, bland looks for characters before, in my opinion.

Edit: Funnily enough, just read the preview of Superman #9 where Superman's having a dream of a peaceful future on World Peace Day and on a big splash of a bunch of heroes, Catwoman is with Batman wearing a costume with her hair out and down like these earlier designs.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El