Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Edit: Funnily enough, just read the preview of Superman #9 where Superman's having a dream of a peaceful future on World Peace Day and on a big splash of a bunch of heroes, Catwoman is with Batman wearing a costume with her hair out and down like these earlier designs.

I noticed this too. It looks like a cross between Balent and Cooke.

BANNED

I like the original costume best. It was kinda swash-buckling, and female characters don't often get looks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I like the original costume best. It was kinda swash-buckling, and female characters don't often get looks like that.
    The purple one with green cape wasn't her "original" costume.
    When she first appeared, she didn't wear a costume. And once she started wearing one, she had two other version (both with full cat-heads) before the "classic" purple one with the green cape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The purple one with green cape wasn't her "original" costume.
    When she first appeared, she didn't wear a costume. And once she started wearing one, she had two other version (both with full cat-heads) before the "classic" purple one with the green cape.
    I like the one with slit skirts.

I like the one with slit skirts.
    You mean like this?

BANNED

Uh, that is slit a bit much. I was thinking slit to the knee. A higher neckline, too.

I would prefer the 90's long hair and purple suit. I didn't dislike the late 2000's look, but I don't care for her new costume Joelle Jones designed.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Uh, that is slit a bit much. I was thinking slit to the knee. A higher neckline, too.
    Well, from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IV (June 1985) we have

Dave Stevens with the Golden Age / Earth-2 version of Catwoman,

and

Brent Anderson's portrayal of the Earth-1 (non-Golden Age) version.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

To me those outfits look more like something a domintrix would wear rather than a thief. I like the simple all black with the goggles look myself. That to me looks like what a expert thief would wear.

Extraordinary Member

One of the better “amalgamated” looks was the one from The Batman cartoon, which combined some of the Cook aesthetics with the 90’s spandex, and added some interesting details as well:
    0701658A-6AEF-48E7-851B-335E830842A2.jpg
    The overall coloration and the goggles are Cooke aspects, but her mask still contains, well, a mask underneath the goggles, which I like a lot more, and the fact that it looks like a tight-but-not-skin-tight costume helps it seem like a practical costume rather than just biker gear. And even the “paws” highlighted in red kind of works because of how it makes the costume seems customized and moderately hi-tech without anything being obtrusive.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

From a nostalgia and visual standpoint I'm fond of the classic costume, but I think Catwoman in skintight catsuits has basically eclipsed it and feels more fitting for the character now.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    One of the better “amalgamated” looks was the one from The Batman cartoon, which combined some of the Cook aesthetics with the 90’s spandex, and added some interesting details as well:
    The overall coloration and the goggles are Cooke aspects, but her mask still contains, well, a mask underneath the goggles, which I like a lot more, and the fact that it looks like a tight-but-not-skin-tight costume helps it seem like a practical costume rather than just biker gear. And even the “paws” highlighted in red kind of works because of how it makes the costume seems customized and moderately hi-tech without anything being obtrusive.
    I'm glad you brought this up.

I feel like The Batman design did a good job of taking some of the aesthetics from the Cooke suit but also making it look more visually appealing and dynamic like Catwoman's older costumes.

I like it, but I don't think it fits the character's professional thief thing. Maybe have her wear it again during like a masquerade ball or something instead.

The Batman had a lot of good designs, their version Joker is my favorite.

BANNED

I like the red-tipped claws, but those are some really big ears.

God no. That old costume is terrible.

Much prefer the David Mazzucchelli and Darwyn Cooke designs.