Amazing Member

Default True Believer reprints

Overall, while i don't pick up every one of them, I like them.The printing is top notch for the price of a buck.I put the king conan 1 true believers reprint next to a copy of the late 1979 original, and What a difference!Bright colors, darker blacks! Back then marvel was using plastic plates to print their books, and paper so cheap tiny micro holes show when held up before a light.Aside from the art looking much better, one needs not worry over damaging the original.When also you consider the great cost of the early marvels, a buck for a book that even a crappy original would cost you 500 to 1,000 bucks, is a good deal.Even if you got the originals, these books make great birthday or Christmas presents, or good for giving out at halloween.The only gripe I have, is that since the back covers tend to have house adds on them, they should move the upc box, to the back covers.I hate seeing them on the great silver age art.A full list of books reprinted would be nice. Have missed a few I wanted.

Astonishing Member

The True Believer reprints are amazing.
    A comic book for 1$ is way cool.I already have a few of them (Like Conan and Fantastic Four stories)
    One of the TB reprints i have that is the reprint of the first issue of King Conan that have even more pages that the pages the single issues have!
    Last edited by comicscollector; 03-10-2019 at 04:39 AM.

I agree. I've picked up every one of these I see at my LCS. It's a good way to sample classic runs that you may not be familiar with and a way to put a "new" comic book into the hands of my kid. I'm not a fan of most modern artwork produced on computers and the storylines are usually too adult for my son. I've tried but it seems like the industry is constantly rebooting, reusing, and rehashing with a focus on shock value and numbering. The creativity levels ain't what they used to be. My .02.

They are truly amazing in that most of them are stories I want to read, but may not feel like searching out. And frankly, paying for. Sure, I'm not going to buy all, or even most of them, but two or three a month make for a nice unexpected treat.

Waiting for that Iron Man 55 story was probably my favorite of the reprints.

They are a great way to get these rare comics so kids can read them for the first time also. Marvel should bring back the 3 pack blind comic bags and use some of them.

They are cool for sure! Have maybe 10-15 of them. Since Marvel started the Facsimile Editions though, I much prefer those and find myself picking way less True Believers since.